News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Tripping...

Started by Ridley, September 11, 2008, 09:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridley

It is useful after all. Where would Rob be if his down tilt didn't make people trip? :robottongue: Seriously, down tilts would be a lot more useless without tripping.

I realized this after playing a brawl match with a code that doesn't allow tripping on. My Rob was thrown off.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Nayrman

It's just kinda cheap because it leaves the person who tripped WIDE OPEN without them having any way to really deal with it...not to mention it happens randomly at times, which is cheap.
Get rid of it next game it's stupid

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nayrman on September 11, 2008, 10:17:45 AM
It's just kinda cheap because it leaves the person who tripped WIDE OPEN without them having any way to really deal with it...not to mention it happens randomly at times, which is cheap.
Get rid of it next game it's stupid
I happen to agree.

Tripping serves no true purpose at all.
What was Sakurai trying to do, make the game more realistic, or like a cartoon?
I fail to see the humor at all.

Of course you can trip who ever by down tilting, thats appropriately fine, but trying to run away from like... Ganandorfs Final Smash and then you trip, then Die?!
Where is the fairness in that?  :robotindifferent:

Tripping is more of a nuisance then it can be served being any good use at all.

Shujinco2

Tripping sucks. First time I tripped, I fell victim to the Pokey Statue. Second time, Fell victim to Rayquaza. Then meta Ridely. Then going for a spike but instead got KO'd by a Falcon Pawnch.

However, tripping due to a move... I guess that doesn't suck as much. But tripping just randomly for no reason, IT SUCKS LIKE MAJOR HELL!

Also, I think I tripped into somebody once and did damage. 0_o Can you hurt people with your trips or was it just a coincidence?

Zies

...The sense of tripping on your own is stupid...
...But when a move or item causes it, like ROB's or Diddy's banana peels, then it makes sense...

...But saying "It is useful after all," is a lie...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Dawei

Random tripping is a piece of poop. Making them fall from something that could relate to a missed tech is good.

I want to lock it for the sheer pointless/retardation that is BURSTING from the thread but I'll leave it open for more people to call you stupid for thinking tripping is any good.

Playat

I would care less about tripping. It save you some time and it screw people up.
It wouldn't matter to pro brawlers anyway

Dawei

Yes it does matter to pros because you could be in the middle of a chaingrab that could end with a fthrow to death and then you trip and get fsmashed and lose the grand finals and 2000$.

Macawmoses

Quite frankly, tripping is a ridiculous mechanic. It can unjustly cost a person the match, leave them open for a finishing kill, or break a maneuver.

Tripping based on attack is a different story, for the reason that you want a mechanic as such as a move. The move does all of the aforementioned, and can be a great offensive and defensive strategy....

...however, random tripping is like playing with items on. It isn't a true test of skill.

DededeCloneChris

Well, seeing as we trip in real life, I think it's fair, the first game that allows you to trip randomly by no reason, to show that characters not always walk right all the time.

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on September 11, 2008, 04:22:46 PM
Well, seeing as we trip in real life, I think it's fair, the first game that allows you to trip randomly by no reason, to show that characters not always walk right all the time.
since when was Smash supposed to be modeled after real life?
After all, just cuz it's "real" doesn't mean it's a good gameplay addition X_X;;

Ridley

Quote from: Dawei on September 11, 2008, 03:05:44 PM
Random tripping is a piece of poop. Making them fall from something that could relate to a missed tech is good.

I want to lock it for the sheer pointless/retardation that is BURSTING from the thread but I'll leave it open for more people to call you stupid for thinking tripping is any good.

Did you even read my reasoning  :|
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

Yeah, I did. And you are still stupid.

Cornwad

I think tripping is a bad idea, but only when you just randomly fall down while running. Some moves (DK's dtilt, ROB's dtilt, Falco's Shine) and the bananas should cause you to trip, but nothing else.

Neerb

Quote from: mackormoses on September 11, 2008, 03:37:58 PM
...however, random tripping is like playing with items on. It isn't a true test of skill.

I disagree.  Items can be fun, tripping is not.  Items add more variety to the game's whole "crossover" theme by allowing you to use items from other games, while tripping is a total fail at trying to make the game more "realistic" (seriously, I don't think anyone ever actually trips for no reason in real life; there's always something to make them trip).  And in terms of skill, you can beat someone to the items or dodge theirs... but you can't really dodge yourself tripping over nothing.