News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

......Hmmm....I can't help but wonder.....

Started by Sgt.Chilly, October 28, 2008, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt.Chilly

It's that time again!

Wakko: To make the Fox censors cry?

No, It's time to profess via psuedo-poopting!  Yes, small nuggets of truth that have no real impact on the world or anyone in it!  Allow me to elaborate.

I was thinking about the nature of the Action/Reaction Law.  It's a simple enough formula to understand and it's just vague enough to be applied to just about anything.  For ever action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  But let's build on this idea by needlessly throwing in temporal dynamics (For those not familiar with the relationship between spacial and temporal principles consult your nearest physicist, theoretical physicist, or StarGate Series Writer.).  Now the obvious examples are how the one person's death could lead to a war or one person's upbringing could lead to them curing some god forsaken disease.

But how does one measure a reaction?  Does not the reaction in turn cause countless immeasurable reactions as well?  And what of the waning significance between each reaction's impact on it's environment?  For that matter is the reaction in itself predetermined due to the setting of it's environment and state or does the reaction occur based on randomly fluctuating data too vast and intricately complicated for any to comprehend?

If it is indeed based on some meticulous mathematical construct that supports the universe's integrity does that mean then that life in itself is predestined simply by the odds?  Are one's convictions moot, since their based on genealogy, upbringing, social climates, and personal experiences well beyond your control?

On the other hand if the universe is run on chaotic principles that exist in a constant rate of change what good is trying to do anything anyway?  What purpose does one's existence serve if it is simply another grain of sand in and endlessly changing desert that never holds the same shape twice?

Of course regardless of what side your coin lands on none of this philosophical waxing really means anything since odds are that nothing will change significantly. Of course something as small as deciding whether or not too wear a hat today could end up changing the course of mankind generations from now, so what do I know?

Truth is life is what you make it.  Still it's fun to kick around with the nature of existence.  Even if you didn't learn anything.

Zovistograt

The mathematical principles of physics are needed to keep any order within a given space intact.  If things like momentum and force are not conserved, the universe would be very uncertain indeed.  These fundamentals should be thought of just common sense.  If they weren't there...man, there's no telling what would happen.  That's because they HAVE to be there.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Sgt.Chilly

Yes but that suggests an absolute.  And absolutes can't exist.

That last statement is actually an absolute true statement, which of course means it a hypocrisy, which also means I completely believe it.

Now an absolute can't exist because given an infinite number of possibilities anything and more importantly everything will happen.  This is derived from the statements:

"Anything that can happen, will happen."
"There is always the exception that proves the rule."

In other words, No matter how much we as a species break down the mechanics of the universe something like this will happen, has happened, and more importantly is happening:

Scientific fact: Two magnets with opposite charges attract.
Theory is tested infinity times.  Test number 4,527,634,208 showed a positive charged magnet repel a negative charged magnet.  The magnets were tested an hour later and they attracted.

This is all just to point out that one thing in this world I am completely confident in.

'The only thing I know for sure is that nothing is certain.'

We can't be absolutely sure we completely understand anything because we are by nature imperfect.  So the universe is very uncertain because no matter what we learn, or how much we discover there will always be a margin of error in what we do and think.

Now I'm not saying I know a better way, or that your way is wrong, I just thinks it's important to be aware that their is a chance (however small it might be) that you and everyone else is completely wrong.