News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Sonic unleashed opening scene

Started by Triforceman22, November 02, 2008, 06:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 17, 2008, 04:42:05 AM
nintendo power got unleashed early and reviewed it.

It got an 8/10.

Pretty good news.

I hope the 360 ver. Gets a good score....
ugh, don't even get me started on NP...

Triforceman22

Just Shut it Nayr. DX

They do pretty good reviews.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 17, 2008, 12:53:47 PM
Just Shut it Nayr. DX

they do occasionally but they are so bought off and we all know it *glares at Andy*
At least the day levels look fun as crap... *WILL NEVER ACCEPT WAREHOG XP *

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 17, 2008, 01:20:21 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 17, 2008, 12:53:47 PM
Just Shut it Nayr. DX

they do occasionally but they are so bought off and we all know it *glares at Andy*
At least the day levels look fun as crap... *WILL NEVER ACCEPT WAREHOG XP *
It kind of looks like a mix of God of War and Ristar, but I'm not sure one section of this game can't live up to those awesome games.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

7.2 from IGN for Wii version (which is what I'm likely to pick up)
Basically:
Day levels with normal Sonic: Absolutely fantastic why didn' they just make the game this
Night Levels: Thanks a lot for wasting half a game with this boring poop.

Odds are I'm probably going to agree with this but at least everyone is saying the day levels are fun.

Tupin

So it's basically half of a game?

The game looks worth it for the day levels.

Sonic game: Ur almost doin it rite.

bluaki

What's so bad about the Werehog? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that doesn't hate everything that Sonic Team does.

I liked the mech levels in SA2:B, I liked Tails and Gamma in SA/DX, I really liked the Sonic/Shadow/Metalsonic gameplay in both games, the treasure hunting in both were annoying while playing initially but are later a bit fun when going back to play them again. I liked the Sonic Advance games, though not 3 as much as the other 2. I like the Rush games for the most part but not as much as the Advance ones. And the Werehog looks like it's actually fun in my opinion, though I want more characters like Tails playable in normal non-minigame play.

JrDude

Quote from: Bluaki on November 18, 2008, 09:43:23 PM
What's so bad about the Werehog? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that doesn't hate everything that Sonic Team does.

I liked the mech levels in SA2:B, I liked Tails and Gamma in SA/DX, I really liked the Sonic/Shadow/Metalsonic gameplay in both games, the treasure hunting in both were annoying while playing initially but are later a bit fun when going back to play them again. I liked the Sonic Advance games, though not 3 as much as the other 2. I like the Rush games for the most part but not as much as the Advance ones. And the Werehog looks like it's actually fun in my opinion, though I want more characters like Tails playable in normal non-minigame play.
I agree with most of that. I liked the Treasure hunting levels until the later ones where the stage is giant and the hints are reversed. I also liked how there was an upgrade in every level (except the driving level & Green Hill zone).
I also look forward to playing as Werehog, as some don't, I liked Kingdom Hearts, and I also like "button mashing".
The weird thing is, I think I won't like the day levels because of the constant running, and I didn't like that in S&tSR, though that went a little overboard, so I still think I might like the day levels too. (That sounded like it didn't make sense but whatever)
GO WEREHOG!
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude on November 19, 2008, 01:25:19 AM

I agree with most of that. I liked the Treasure hunting levels until the later ones where the stage is giant and the hints are reversed. I also liked how there was an upgrade in every level (except the driving level & Green Hill zone).
I also look forward to playing as Werehog, as some don't, I liked Kingdom Hearts, and I also like "button mashing".
The weird thing is, I think I won't like the day levels because of the constant running, and I didn't like that in S&tSR, though that went a little overboard, so I still think I might like the day levels too. (That sounded like it didn't make sense but whatever)
GO WEREHOG!
The reason me (and a lot of other people I know not on this forum apparently) think the warehog is horrible is because it's completely unnecessary. The entire game could've been the running stages and everyone would've been happy. Instead they have to break half the game into something no one asked for. Also, don't give me the "but it's trying something different!" excuse. SEGA has been "trying new things" since SA2 ended and look where it's gotten them. Just make one game PURELY about running fast and THEN they can try new things. As much as I gripe about Nintendo NEVER/RARELY trying anything new with their games, SEGA seems to go out of their way to do different stuff. Also, the ONE TIME it would actually be plausible/fun to use Knuckles' fighting ability we got some half-assed warehog thing X_X
(just my two cents) XP

Tupin

You know, if they blended new ideas well, it wouldn't be a problem, but trying to mix a fast paced platformer and a slow brawler is like trying to mix vinegar and oil.

That said, I don't want "Sonic runs across the American Midwest", but I don't want "Sonic: The Brawlers". I want a mix of them both, but it should be always be somewhat fast.

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on November 19, 2008, 04:28:15 AM
Quote from: JrDude on November 19, 2008, 01:25:19 AM

GO WEREHOG!
The reason me (and a lot of other people I know not on this forum apparently) think the warehog is horrible is because it's completely unnecessary. The entire game could've been the running stages and everyone would've been happy. Instead they have to break half the game into something no one asked for. Also, don't give me the "but it's trying something different!" excuse. SEGA has been "trying new things" since SA2 ended and look where it's gotten them. Just make one game PURELY about running fast and THEN they can try new things. As much as I gripe about Nintendo NEVER/RARELY trying anything new with their games, SEGA seems to go out of their way to do different stuff. Also, the ONE TIME it would actually be plausible/fun to use Knuckles' fighting ability we got some half-assed warehog thing X_X
(just my two cents) XP
SEGA seems to not like making games similar to the last anymore. SEGA does something new in every Sonic game now. It usually carries a new character with the new thing they added. And the Werehog isn't completely unnecessary, just regular unnecessary. Also, to the running fast game you were mentioning, there is one, and it sucked to many people, S&tSR. I bet if SEGA re-made SA2:B exactly the same as the original (except maybe better graphics), they'd probably make more money than they are now.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Triforceman22

Nayr, you over-exagerrate.

I rented the wii ver.

The werehog levels are pretty decent.
But not as good as day time levels.

*If you call me a werehog lover I swear to god....*

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 21, 2008, 10:49:52 AM

I rented the wii ver.

Well I thought they were that bad.
Once I got to the final level I was about ready to kill myself with the werehog levels. X_X;;
The speed/running levels are so much fun though... they're just too short ;_; At least they have missions to keep the challenge up.
werehog lover

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on November 21, 2008, 11:40:33 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 21, 2008, 10:49:52 AM

I rented the wii ver.

Well I thought they were that bad.
Once I got to the final level I was about ready to kill myself with the werehog levels. X_X;;
The speed/running levels are so much fun though... they're just too short ;_; At least they have missions to keep the challenge up.
werehog lover

Whatever.
I like them. That's all that matters to me.

you are going to die