Main Menu

DSi Only Titles Confirmed

Started by Macawmoses, February 18, 2009, 04:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

QuoteIn addition to downloadable games, Nintendo DSi is able to play games made specifically for the system and sold at retail. The system can also play most Nintendo DS™ games, and will have access to a library of more than 850 titles originally made for that system.

I'm less than thrilled now. I was hoping for an entirely new console, yes, but I really don't want to need to buy a new system in order to play Pokemon, Mario, and LoZ installments down the road. It's kind of a piss off, really.

Of course, it was obvious....but still....

SkyMyl

I imagine two versions of the same game will be released for the DS and DSi...or hope, rather. Or that certain games will be compatible with both systems.

Otherwise it would just SUCK to buy an entirely new system just for a few games.

えっちーせんぱい

Pokemon probably won't be DSi only because people will probably complain they can't get their old pokemon.

Silverhawk79

I don't see Nintendo pulling that big of a dick move. They'll probably release the major stuff on both handhelds, with the DSi one just having a little extra content.

Rayquarian

It seems like they're trying to pull off the DSi as their next major handheld console.  To most of us, however, the DSi seems more like an upgrade than a new console.

Doodle

Well, I don't care. I was wise and didn't bother buying a DS Lite, so I'll just get the DSi.
YEAH

Mutilator7

The DSi should be able to link to the GBA somehow, but i think nintendo wants to get rid of the older gameboys and keep moving forward, no more gba slot is an example, and so is the ds (lite and phat) having no link port for gba linkup, which i am still mad at them for.

HTA!

Quote from: Mutilator7 on February 25, 2009, 02:13:00 PM
The DSi should be able to link to the GBA somehow, but i think nintendo wants to get rid of the older gameboys and keep moving forward, no more gba slot is an example, and so is the ds (lite and phat) having no link port for gba linkup, which i am still mad at them for.
Getting rid of GBA support is the dumbest move since Wii Music

Lotos

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 18, 2009, 04:57:18 PM
I don't see Nintendo pulling that big of a dick move. They'll probably release the major stuff on both handhelds, with the DSi one just having a little extra content.

I beg to differ after.

darkmario

Quote from: HTA on February 25, 2009, 06:24:27 PM

Guys, the DSi has no GBA slot, you may say its dumb but not everyone thinks so. If you don't like it don't buy the DSi. Get over it.

Macawmoses

No, I honestly think killing backwards compatibility isolates gamers. If the Wii didn't play Gamecube games, it wouldn't sell as well. Same with the DS.

Blaperile

I'll not buy the DSi just for those few games. Maybe when my DS is broken.
Blaziken must be a character in Super Smash Bros!

Yuoaman

I'll probably get a DSi someday, but I'll keep my DS Lite, because most of my games are GBA games, and the idea of not being able to play them makes me angry...

HTA!

Quote from: darkmario on February 26, 2009, 04:33:28 PM

Guys, the DSi has no GBA slot, you may say its dumb but not everyone thinks so. If you don't like it don't buy the DSi. Get over it.

Give me one, one simple reason no GBA slot is beneficial?

revolutionfag

darkmario

Quote from: The Wise Man on March 09, 2009, 03:30:57 AM
Quote from: darkmario on February 26, 2009, 04:33:28 PM

Give me one, one simple reason no GBA slot is beneficial?
I never said it was beneficial. I said/meant that not everyone cares about the lack of a GBA slot. It's not really a big deal. Besides, theres only two worthwhile DS games that need the GBA slot.

Quote from: The Wise Man on March 09, 2009, 03:30:57 AMrevolutionfag
lolwut?