News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Take that Dragonball Evolution!

Started by Nayrman, April 11, 2009, 05:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

http://anime-media.com/dragonball-evolution-bombs-at-the-box-office/

What sweet irony. DBE took in BARELY over 5 million on it's opening weekend (a.k.a. a colossal flop), it got destroyed by Hannah Montana (worst thing in existance, but that's another issue). Also, reviews are terrible and is suffering a 17% at Rotten Tomatoes. I SMELL RAZZIES!
Unfortunately, that didn't stop Fox from greenlighting the sequel (DAMN YOU!)

Let us all mock DB:E's total ineptetude.

Triforce_Luigi

Eh. Frankly, I'm not at all surprised that it sucked, and I can't imagine why anyone else would be either. And yet, the sequel is in production. Something is severely wrong here.

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 11, 2009, 05:51:20 PM
Eh. Frankly, I'm not at all surprised that it sucked, and I can't imagine why anyone else would be either. And yet, the sequel is in production. Something is severely wrong here.

It's called Hollywood can't come up with poop on their own, so they'll green light anything as long as they don't have to try. One of the MANY things about movies/tv I hate and one of the many things I'm going to change whenever I get my chance to make my own stuff  :robotangry:  :robotangry:  :robotangry:  :robotangry:  :robotangry:

Zovistograt

It's not irony, we expected this to happen.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

JrDude

It's ironic that everyone thought it would suck, and it did? Huh.
Anyway, they're probably making a sequel because they didn't think that it would suck, so as usual, started making the sequel before the original got released, so it's less likely for one of the characters to die in reality and screw up the process.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Triforceman22

Not irony at all.
Just down right pathetic.
I went and watched the movie.
God was it awful.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Quote from: Vanguard22 on April 13, 2009, 11:17:15 AM
Not irony at all.
God was it awful.
Did you watch it online for free, or did you vagina-y out and actually gave 20th Century Fox some money they don't deserve? X_X;;

Tupin

I read the IGN review, and I can't believe they liked it.

Not only is it a bad movie, but it was a victim of bad timing. Going up against Hanna Montana, how could Fox expect it to succeed? This is just one of those movies that flops horribly in both the box office and in reviews but is funded by a company so rich that they will try again with the exact same formula, receive the same results and then make the last movie in the trilogy DVD-only.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

I'm not watching it. There is no amount of physical or psychological torture me that would make me sit through that movie.

Also, it's not irony that it's bad.
Fox merely decided to taint the name Dragonball with this movie.

JrDude

Actually, once I think about it, it wasn't that bad a movie. If it wasn't called "Dragonball: Blah", then you guys might agree. For Dragonball, yes it sucked, but for a movie, not really, wasn't bad, wasn't good.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Magnum

Quote from: JrDude on April 13, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
Actually, once I think about it, it wasn't that bad a movie. If it wasn't called "Dragonball: Blah", then you guys might agree. For Dragonball, yes it sucked, but for a movie, not really, wasn't bad, wasn't good.
This.

My big problem with the movie was that
[spoiler]Goku was a Namekian. :| What. The. Popersnickles.[/spoiler]
Also the horrible parts were kinda funny if you watched the show(which is everyone).
Yamacha's acter was the worst acter of the century.
No Krillin.
Also I heard them say Trunks when they were at the school and his bike was run over. I know I did.
Overall, Gayly funny.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

I barely ever watched the Dragonball series, so I have a question: Who was that blond dude that made that big hole? A picture of the anime version would be appreciated.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude on April 16, 2009, 01:54:41 AM
I barely ever watched the Dragonball series, so I have a question: Who was that blond dude that made that big hole? A picture of the anime version would be appreciated.
He's supposed to be Yamcha

Yamcha got the worst of it. Dude looks NOTHING like him, didn't get anything in the story, and got his character destroyed.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on April 13, 2009, 11:27:41 AM
Quote from: Vanguard22 on April 13, 2009, 11:17:15 AM
Not irony at all.
God was it awful.
Did you watch it online for free, or did you vagina-y out and actually gave 20th Century Fox some money they don't deserve? X_X;;

You really think I would spend money to go watch it?

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

JrDude

Quote from: Nayrman on April 16, 2009, 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: JrDude on April 16, 2009, 01:54:41 AM
He's supposed to be Yamcha

Yamcha got the worst of it. Dude looks NOTHING like him, didn't get anything in the story, and got his character destroyed.
O_o. The dude in the movie is blonde (and non super form), and shortish hair, what the intercourse  did they do to that guy?
[move][/move]
Dude .