News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Boyle

Started by Macawmoses, April 21, 2009, 11:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Apparently this woman, Susan Boyle, is phenomenal. She has the world's eyes on her, astoundingly. Everyone is abuzz about her....Leno, Cowel, newscasters, people on the street.

What do you think? 15 minutes of fame or future success? I'd say the former. Flash in the pan.

Shujinco2

She is an AWESOME singer. Best ever that I've ever heard.

However, it looks as if she has some competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVtepgE5EY&feature=related

God, Britian really DOES have talent, huh?

Nayrman

I'm always skeptical of these "talent' competitions. If that really is her voice, then all the props to her.
Although this is a 15 minutes of fame thing like all reality shows

HTA!

I don't really like her voice... :(

ThePowerOfOne

Not exactly my musical style, but she does have an amazing voice. You'd never think she would have a voice like that.

Unfortuantly, I say 15 minutes of fame. People like her just don't last long in the music world (At least that I've seen). She may stay somewhat famous in Britain, but I doubt she will become big in the US.

Java

It probably depends on how well she actually does in the competition.
If she goes on to win the competition and the producers do a good job with her album, then she may become a star.

People forget that Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Leona Lewis all came from shows like these.
Only thing is that they're younger and are probably more marketable.

So, who knows?
Maybe she will become a superstar?

Beatnik

I was preparing to be unimpressed, but god darn.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."