News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Special Way To Catch Pokémon?

Started by JrDude, April 23, 2009, 07:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Back when I was younger and Crystal never existed (G/S did though), my cousin told me of a method to catch pokémon in the games. He said "If you stare at the Pokéball and keep pressing A when the pokémon gets in the ball, it'll be caught more easily" or somethin' like that, and I believed, and did it for a long long time, and it seemed to work. Actually, I still kinda do it, but not really. Anyway, anyone else hear of this and believe? or maybe hear some other way to do it which sounds untrue?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Ah, the magical up A down A trick from Red Blue, I remember that BS "cheat" fondly XD

HTA!

In Fire Red, bring up the help menu when the ball hits the ground. :P

Level_9_Chao

I'm a Down+B guy myself. Have been since 1st grade with Red.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Juliette

Sorry to kill it, but..

Chance = Ball (((TotalHP x 4 - CurrentHP x 2) x CatchRate)/ TotalHP)+Status +1

Source

D:

JrDude

Quote from: Juliette on April 24, 2009, 05:39:07 PM
Sorry to kill it, but..

Source

D:
Broken Link, you did it wrong.
Fixed Link

Interesting, I knew most of that, but the number parts I knew nothing of, this may help me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Juliette

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on April 24, 2009, 05:44:49 PM
Quote from: Juliette on April 24, 2009, 05:39:07 PM
Sorry to kill it, but..

Source

D:
Broken Link, you did it wrong.
Fixed Link

Interesting, I knew most of that, but the number parts I knew nothing of, this may help me.
Oops, blame BBC D;.
Thanks.

Anyway, basically its lower enemy HP using false swipe, use sleep move, and throw ultra balls.
:3.

Qsmash

I have my own little superstition. When you chuck a pokeball and it flashes yellow hold up. It feels like it works sometimes.

Kierou

I used to stay on the computer looking for nothing but cheats for pokemon. I saw one at one point that said

QuoteLight your Gameboy on fire, put it out, smash it with a hammer, burn it again, bury it, then go lay in the path of an oncoming car. You will then have all 151 pokemon.

It said almost EXACTLY that.

-----
I always tried the old ↑A to →B trick.

JrDude

Quote from: Kierou on April 25, 2009, 09:20:35 PM
QuoteLight your Gameboy on fire, put it out, smash it with a hammer, burn it again, bury it, then go lay in the path of an oncoming car. You will then have all 151 pokemon.
It really works, it gets ALL of the pokémon on every game with that method (except on R/S/E/FR/LG you have to do it to yout GBA, and on D/P/Pt, you need to do it to your DS)
[move][/move]
Dude .

chaosgear

i heard that if you shout "gotcha!" really loud, it works. such rumors have been around since red and blue, but now they have some credibility with the mic. still not true, however.

Lotos

Quote from: chaosgear on May 28, 2009, 01:53:12 PM
i heard that if you shout "gotcha!" really loud, it works. such rumors have been around since red and blue, but now they have some credibility with the mic. still not true, however.
lol I thought that was only with D/P/Pt?  I think I stopped at Platinum, I'm don't remember :p

chaosgear

Quote from: Lotos on May 31, 2009, 06:04:27 PM
lol I thought that was only with D/P/Pt?  I think I stopped at Platinum, I'm don't remember :p
nope thats been around since red and blue. ive only heard of it recently, though.

Pascal

I press A once. Usually it works.

chaosgear

Quote from: Pascal on July 09, 2009, 07:11:16 PM
I press A once. Usually it works.
i beat the pokemon within a inch of its life, then spend my life savings worth in pokeballs on the critter until it gives in. usually works.