News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Cryptic Canvas (Game, Come Play)

Started by Macawmoses, June 08, 2009, 07:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

http://www.empireonline.com/crypticcanvas/

Empire (Magazine) turned 20, and made this little game. A giant poster with some of the 50 best (in their opinion) movies of all time incorporated. But why does this interest you? Well, I want to see how many you can successfully label. For instance, "Million Dollar Baby" should be an easy find, but there are some very challenging ones.

And based on the ones you find and label, discuss some of your 50 favorite movies of all time.

Captain Justice

I only got 9......barely any of those clues make sense.

I got Million Dollar Baby, The Green Mile, Eagle Eye, Ice Age, Monsters Inc., Happy Feet, The Two Towers, The Dark Knight, and Gladiator.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Java

I actually got 12 out of 50. lmao.
It's impressive for me since I've always sucked at these games.

[spoiler]Million Dollar Baby, Eagle Eye, Pirates of the Caribbean, Anchorman, Iron Man, The Pianist, Milk, Happy Feet, Saw, Bolt, The Dark Knight, and No Country for Old Men[/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Captain Justice

Oh haha, I got The Matrix.......that was pretty clever.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Macawmoses

Dog Food

I've got 19/50 right now, but still going. Not going to close that window until I've got all 50.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Macawmoses

Dog Food

Quote from: Macbeth on June 10, 2009, 03:07:32 PM
You'll be there all day.
Have you gotten all 50?

And I'll be upset if Silence of the Lambs, Fight Club, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, or The Shawshank Redemption aren't on here... I haven't found any of them yet and I'm really hoping at least one made it to the list.

Macawmoses

I have not. I got to 35 or 40ish, then collaborated with an editor on 8C, and I'm still not done.

GreatGonzales106

Silverhawk79

Dog Food

24/50 ;-;

I seriously have no idea what that patch of grass (clovers?) could represent... Or that 'CCC' logo on the building is. Am I just stupid or are they as hard as I'm thinking?

[spoiler](I mean, I did take me a while to get Ice Age >_>;; So it could just be me...)[/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Matt