News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

CartoonNetwork To Change Its Name This Fall.

Started by Doodle, July 03, 2009, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=3&thread.id=704645&jump=true

QuoteI've been talking to someone named "Brawler" who knows somebody recently fired from Comedy Development, which is a section of Cartoon Network that is currently in turmoil, as confirmed by the Animator's Guild. Right now, the majority of people at Comedy Development have been fired and production on all new comedic series other than Adventure Time has been halted. The fired guy has been spilling his guts out to Brawler, and Brawler let me in on some of the stuff being spilled.

Number One: Cartoon Network is changing its name this upcoming fall or early next year. No concrete date is set yet but this fall is the target. The format will contain far fewer animation than in its current incarnation. I do not have concrete info on the channel's new name.

Number Two: CN Real bombed spectacularly, particularly on Wednesdays. This is part of the reason for the name change, the hope is that without the "Cartoon Network" name kids will watch the live-action.

Number Three: The original series Chowder is facing cancellation, according to the source and the Animator's Guild.  There is a very good chance that Flapjack will be cancelled, and The Secret Saturdays is also in big trouble.

Number Four: I know NOTHING about what's going on at Adult Swim. I'll try to figure stuff out ASAP.

That's all I know so far. I'm going to try to get more info out of Brawler and his source. Will update as soon as possible.

I haven't watched CartoonNetwork in a long time. It's been going down the gutter for a while now. And I guess, according to this, there's a lot of stuff going on there that would explain that.
But meh.
YEAH

Zies

Quote from: Doodle on July 03, 2009, 12:01:36 AM
But meh. Wonder what they're trying to do with this name change and other such.
...Money...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

JrDude

It says so there, so kids will be more interested in the non-animated shows. "Cartoon Network" Is the name, and even I got influenced by it's name to not watch the non-Cartoon shows, even though I hate most of the new cartoon shows being shown anyway.
I am not disappointed by this however. As long as [adult swim] stays mostly the same, I'm fine with the name change. Cartoon Network is going downhill on a hill with no slope, into a great abyss of horrible shows, and instead of saving it, they are replacing it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zovistograt

They're making a full series for Adventure Time?

I'd watch that.

Other than that, this sucks D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Red

I'm so happy right now, you wouldn't believe it. Now Cartoon Network will be remembered for the gems of the past, instead of the recent poop.

Nayrman

Gotta love the entertainment industry and their cop-outs.
CN started it's long slipperly slope downhill when they cancelled the shows they became known for, and started copying things from Nick.
I'm not sad to see it go, since none of their shows were original anymore.
AS better stay the same though, at least they try (with varying ranges of success)

Lotos

Anarchy_Jas

Wish I had Boomerang. This current CN just fails in every way possible... except for Brainrush, the show that mixes a game show in with roller coasters. I would love to be on that. xD What happened to the shows from back in the day? SpongeBob is more tolerable than the poop on CN, and I hate that freak with a burning passion. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole station just self-destructs into nothing...
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Captain Justice

as long as Adult Swim stays idc.

CN has been such poop in the past few years.....its good that its changing into something else.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Qsmash

Cartoon Network has been sucking for a while now. I still don't get why they would cancel all of their old shows in one swoop like that.

JrDude

Quote from: Qsmashbro on July 03, 2009, 07:52:39 PM
Cartoon Network has been sucking for a while now. I still don't get why they would cancel all of their old shows in one swoop like that.
It's obvious, the new shows are retarded. Therefore, they are trying to make the next generation (the kids) retarded. Why? Dunno.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 04, 2009, 12:16:04 AM
It's obvious, the new shows are retarded. Therefore, they are trying to make the next generation (the kids) retarded. Why? Dunno.
I meant the last batch but some of them are retarded too.

HTA!

CN is tubing bad.

Ben 10 is all I ever see any more, and I hate it with a passion.
Live Action is stupid, and really I haven't had the TV on that channel on that channel for over 30 minutes in the past 3 years.

Game over, and I'm happy about it.

Captain Justice

in all honesty that Brain Rush show isn't a bad idea......a game show in the middle of a rollercoaster could be pretty entertaining if done right.

What they need to do is move it to an actual TV station, harder questions, better host, and they need to go to different parks (I've seen two episodes.....and both are at the same park).
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

yes.derek

I genuinely enjoy flapjack. I don't want to see it go :[
HEY LOOK HEY