News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

A Sequel to Majora's Mask?

Started by JrDude, July 06, 2009, 01:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I just beat Ocarina of Time for the first time~ (I've played it before, but since I was little, someone did some dungeons for me, so I didn't feel like finishing it). I even got EVERYTHING.
I beat Majora's Mask a while ago, and it was a pretty boring actual ending for the original Hero of Legends/Hero of Time, the one every other game mimics.
So I was thinking, why not another sequel? Wind Waker got 2 sequels (one not released yet, and I at least think it's a sequel to Phantom Hourglass), so why not Ocarina of Time, eh? (<< Canadian appeal!). I doubt it will come, but I still want it!
What I think is that Link grows up to the time where he would've beaten Ganon just a few days ago if it still happened, but somehow he come back (Ganon). I know it's weird to have Ganon come back to life again, but in the end, Link wins, but also somehow dies, thus becoming a legend (Can't you not really be a legend unless your dead? I mean, it would be kinda weird to see an actual living legend), and thus being able to be reincarnated into later lives (Wind Waker & Twilight Princess) [it doesn't really show that part, but you can't be reincarnated unless you die, yes?)
Just let me dream D=
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I'm sorry, but you're wrong:

1.  The end of Ocarina of Time created a split timeline; in one, Link is gone, Ganon is sealed, and Zelda's an adult, which leads to Wind Waker.  In another, Link and Zelda are kids right before Ganondorf betrays the king of Hyrule.  Already knowing what he will do, they warn the king and Ganondorf is arrested.  Link then leaves (Majora's Mask happens) while Ganondorf is sealed in a prison dimension after surviving execution (as shown in Twilight Princess).  The Hero of Time never fights Ganon[dorf] ever again.
2.  Link is not an avatar who reincarnates, and neither is it an ancestral title.  Link is simply a totally random person chosen by the goddesses when he is needed.  This is shown in Twilight Princess when that Link meets the spirit of a past Link (assumed to be the Hero of Time) and in Wind Waker when the King of Red Lions tells Jabun that that Link is not the Hero of Time nor a descendant of him.
3.  Nintendo would never kill a Link on screen.

However, I would like to see what does happen to the Hero of Time after Majora's Mask, so while your specific ideas couldn't happen, it's a good concept.

JrDude

Wait... In TP, TP Link meets another Link? Wah?
And for many of those statements, where did you hear them?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

The split-timeline is fact, stated by the creators after they made Twilight Princess.  Try searching for "timeline" on Zeldapedia.

Link not being an avatar nor a family line was something I concluded from the examples I gave; the other "Link" in TP is the ghost who teaches the sword techniques--if you check the scenes again, it's pretty obvious from his dialogue, and he also has a sword and shield similar to the ones Link gets at the end of MM.

Nintendo has always been known for being more or less kid friendly.

X-3

Link's story became a legend after it was passed down by generations. Dying doesn't make a story a legend: age does.

What happens to Link1 after Majora is unknown. It's likely he disappeared in the Lost Woods, or settled down.

(side-note thing: that first village in TP is a farm village with people that know Epona's Song for whatever reason)

JrDude

Quote from: X-3 on July 07, 2009, 03:02:50 PM
(side-note thing: that first village in TP is a farm village with people that know Epona's Song for whatever reason)
No they don't, it just happens that a  nearby plant makes that musical sound. What's-her-face just made that plant in a metal form.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 07, 2009, 05:08:36 PM
No they don't, it just happens that a  nearby plant makes that musical sound. What's-her-face just made that plant in a metal form.

??
Um... no.  That's like saying Link didn't actually play the Ocarina, he just blew into it and it magically made various sounds.

They play the music on the plant, like an instrument.  And then the girl gives you an actual instrument.

JrDude

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 07, 2009, 07:10:04 PM
??
Um... no.  That's like saying Link didn't actually play the Ocarina, he just blew into it and it magically made various sounds.

They play the music on the plant, like an instrument.  And then the girl gives you an actual instrument.
Nuh uh. There were 2 plants and they always played the same sound. When Link plays the Bird plant, it sounds just like when the Twilight thing does.
And the flute thing that the girl gave Link was in the exact same shape as the plant.
[move][/move]
Dude .

X-3

Uh...no. Link blows into the plant like an instrument. That's what I assume, at least.

Additionally, Wolf Link can apparently howl the song to summon Epona.

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 07, 2009, 07:15:05 PM
Nuh uh. There were 2 plants and they always played the same sound. When Link plays the Bird plant, it sounds just like when the Twilight thing does.
And the flute thing that the girl gave Link was in the exact same shape as the plant.

Just because they always used them for the same thing doesn't mean that's all it could possibly be used for.

JrDude

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 08, 2009, 04:42:25 AM
Just because they always used them for the same thing doesn't mean that's all it could possibly be used for.
Yes it does mean that. The only purpose and use of those plants in the game was just for those purposes.
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

Smash Bro kicked your ass, sorry Jr.

Are we sure that Spirit Tracks is a sequel to PH?
I want a better sequel to Wind Waker... console preferably.

JrDude

Quote from: HTA on July 09, 2009, 10:08:07 AM

He did? Not really.
The plants were made for one purpose, either to call a bird or your horse (one purpose per plant). If I'm wrong prove me wrong and do so in the game and show it on a YouTube video.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: HTA on July 09, 2009, 10:08:07 AM

It was confirmed at E3 that Spirit Tracks is a sequel to PH, but not in the way we thought:  Spirit Tracks actually takes place 100 years after WW, featuring a new Link and Zelda in the new Hyrule that WW Link and Tetra founded after PH.

And JrDude, I don't mean that we could actually do other stuff with them in the game, I mean that in real life you can play more than one tune on an instrument (and yes, in real life people have been known to play certain plants like instruments).