News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What Do YOU Want In Super Smash Bros. 4?

Started by JrDude, July 09, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

The main problem I had with Brawl from the get go is that they invested a majority of the development time into the Subspace Emissary mode. That was a complete waste of time. I had a little fun with it, yes, but I don't really think that it was worth in the end considering they could have used that time to add more characters/stages/music, anything really. They probably could have even improved the online modes.

Allegretto

I want Majora's Mask Link.
Mega Man.
No more clones
HEY GUYS WOULDN"T IT BE COOL IF LIKE CLOUD FROM FF7 WAS IN BRAWL!!!! HEHEHE!!! Wait ike is the only pretty boy in that game. So none of that.
No more pokemon.

Rayquarian

More Pokémon.  In fact, make all of them playable.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on January 24, 2010, 09:39:06 AM
The main problem I had with Brawl from the get go is that they invested a majority of the development time into the Subspace Emissary mode. That was a complete waste of time. I had a little fun with it, yes, but I don't really think that it was worth in the end considering they could have used that time to add more characters/stages/music, anything really. They probably could have even improved the online modes.
You just said what I think in a summary. Next time a Smash 4 comes out hopefully someone will be smart enough to have everyone group up and request it since like sonic, if everyone requests something, it can happen.

Quote from: Tael on January 24, 2010, 12:33:10 PM
493 characters wouldn't be fun to go through when selecting characters.
493 pokemon characters would turn into "Super Pokemon Smash!" Instead of the crossover it is.

Quote from: Link. on January 24, 2010, 10:30:17 AM
FF7
If anyone from FF is in they're going to have to make it one of the "generic" reoccuring characters assuming they don't like angry mobs.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Cornwad

I want more of the great music and history for the characters. The trophies in Brawl didn't seem to have the same impact the ones in Melee did. A museum sort of thing would be good, as long as you had to fill it up with unlockables. More precise picture taking/filming would be a huge plus too.

Actual game play wise, I want Classic Mega man, Unlockable Titles/Icons like in Street Fighter and Call of Duty, actual online play, Dr.Mario, and Eggplant Wizard. Seems fair enough to me.

RX-78-2

I really wish I had found this thread sooner. :|

Quote from: e^ln(Rayquarian) .5 on January 24, 2010, 12:33:10 PM
Finally! Someone that agrees with me! In all seriousness though, I'd be happy with about 20 Pokémon though. Some that I really want are:

• Scizor (Has a great list of moves that could be used in a Smash Bros. game.)
  • The Starters from the other regions for the Pokémon Trainer
  • Machamp, Hitmonlee, or Hitmonchan
  • Gengar or Sableye
  • Nidoking/Nidoqueen (They'd probably be different colors of the same model.)

As for other features for Smash Bros. "4," here's a list of some that I'd want:

• In short, everything (stages, characters, music, etc.) from all of the previous games in an updated form.
  • no glitches
  • actually good online
  • Keep the clones; I don't care. They should have different movesets, but as long as a good amount of effort is put into making a large majority of the other characters good (and glitch-free)--as well as creating new characters--I'm fine with that.
  • Make the story mode less repetitive and a bit easier. Subspace Emissary was okay at best. I liked beating it, but I would really rather not go through it ever again.
  • Have up to 8 players at once (at least 6). I don't care what they have to do, I want this. Now, before any of you say that it's unneeded, retarded, won't happen, etc., I think that there's good reason for it. Take a stage like New Pork City, for instance; the stage is so big that the camera zooms out very far a good deal of the time. It may be because of the awkwardness of the stage, but I think it could easily support 6 players at once, let alone 8.
  • More options for stage building (including bigger stages and no overlapping for pieces).
  • balanced characters
That's all that I can think of right now.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Zero

No more random Pokemon. I know you pokemon fans think your favorite pokemon would be an awesome character, but every pokemon that's gotten the the series as been in the games for actual reasons. Pikachu is the mascot, Jiggs was popular at the time of the first games development, the Mewtwo movies were coming out during Melee's development cycle, and the Lucario movie came out during Brawl's development cycle. Pokemon trainer was an idea that Sakurai had since the first game, but didn't know how to approach it.

It's fun to speculate I guess, but don't get your hopes up.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Zero on January 30, 2010, 09:40:16 AM
No more random Pokemon. I know you pokemon fans think your favorite pokemon would be an awesome character, but every pokemon that's gotten the the series as been in the games for actual reasons. Pikachu is the mascot, Jiggs was popular at the time of the first games development, the Mewtwo movies were coming out during Melee's development cycle, and the Lucario movie came out during Brawl's development cycle. Pokemon trainer was an idea that Sakurai had since the first game, but didn't know how to approach it.

It's fun to speculate I guess, but don't get your hopes up.
But then in that case, there were never any random Pokémon in Brawl...

Rius

Meh, whatever happens, I'll still end up buying it, won't I?

Anyway, personally I want 3rd parties from the likes of Capcom, Square-Enix, and Namco. Obviously Capcom would contribute MegaMan/X. Namco would most likely be Pac-Man, though I would love a Symphonia character. For Square, it should be kind of obvious they would use their mascot - a Moogle. Also, Pac-Man and Moogle already had cameos in Mario games, so it's not far-fetched.

While I'm on characters, I don't think any character should be cut. Every character was put in for a reason, so why should that reason suddenly become invalid. Furthermore, every character has thousands of fans and disappointing them would be oh so tragic. The characters with supposed unfinished data should be added to the game (Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Shiek, Plusle and Minun). With the 3 I mentined earlier, that makes 44 character slots... I guess 50 would be a nice number, depending on whether Random takes a slot or not. That would leave 6 fabulous new characters to add. So battle Krystal vs. Ridley to your heart's content, I guess.

Clones are getting better. I think they would be further "Luigified" in the next game, so things would be alright. Change Falco's Final Smash to Arwing, just because it's common sense. Oh, I do believe Ganondorf should have a complete revamp of moveset, mostly because his current one has no reflection whatsoever on his ingame abilities.

Mechanics wise, I just don't like tripping.

For single-player, I liked the idea the Subspace Emissary presented; if I recall correctly, it was basically a free Kirby game. I just wish there was more uniqueness to each stage... oh, and bosses from Brawl should come back in some form for the next game. Like, really rare, powerful Assists, or something. Maybe not the Subspace original bosses, but the others at least. As for character unlocking, maybe it should be set up the same way Melee had events; in order to proceed, you have to unlock certain characters. I didn't really mind the character unlocking along the way, though. Oh, more events please. They're quite fun.

That's it for now, and probably ever. Better online and stuff like that has been done to death already.

Zero

Neerb

Hmm, most stuff is unanimously wanted, but I'll list my wants anyway:

-Better stage creator, preferably with more natural elements like water and lava
-Not gonna list every stage I want, but Mario needs more generic classic areas, like Bowser's Castle, while Pokemon needs the opposite route and get more actual locations, like a Pokemon Center or Victory Road
-Not gonna list every character I want, but I'd like Square Enix to get a rep (hopefully Sora!), and I'd like them to add the characters that should have already been in anyway like Ridley, Krystal, and Ray 01
-Clones... yeah, about them... seeing as how much people have gotten used to them, I wouldn't mind Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas to remain clones; HOWEVER, I don't want anymore clones, and I wouldn't mind the already existent clones to slowly be luigified out of clonedom
-Please fix online; live chat would be cool, friending by asking after a battle instead of trading codes would help a lot (or at least have the "Rival" option like in MP Hunters), and I definitely wouldn't mind Nintendo improving their servers or whatever it is so that the screen doesn't freeze every few fights
-For story mode, take Melee's setting (go to real Nintendo places with real Nintendo enemies) and Brawl's concept (literal STORY mode that tells enough with out literally saying anything; it would be awkward if Samus and Ike were talking while Mario and Link were as silent as ROB)
-Keep music the same; a mix of awesome originals and re orchestrations while letting us choose which ones we listen to

Chris8492

Pretty much you guys said what i was going to say.

X_X;

Zero

Quote from: Dontimpersonateadminskthx on January 30, 2010, 11:20:30 AM
But then in that case, there were never any random Pokémon in Brawl...

I meant "no more suggesting random pokemon in brawl". My bad entirely.

But you know, whatever. Suggestions are suggestions. Have at it.

Thirdkoopa

How about instead of suggesting random pokemon as playable characters we suggest as Pokeballs?

No hurt in any random pokemon as that. WINGULL FOR brawl SMASH 4 POKEMON'
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

Unless gen 6 has already come out by Smash 4, I have a feeling this Zoroak guy will be the replacement for Lucario/Mewtwo.
[move][/move]
Dude .