News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Jhonen Vasquez and his works.

Started by Shujinco2, July 10, 2009, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

I have recently fallen into obsession over the one we (SHOULD) all know and love as Jhonen Vasquez. At first, I just worried about his Nickelodeon series: Invader Zim, but later found other works, such as Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, which I have read several issues of. (And it's FANTASTIC!!!!!)

What I am wondering is, are any of you Jhonen Vasquez fans? If so, wht do you like about him and his awesome humor?

Also, does anybody know where I can find everything on Jhonny the Homicidal Maniac, Squee!, and Everything can be Beaten, as well as other works I possibly haven't heard about yet?

Nayrman

What other Nick show did Vasquez do? I know he did (or at least wrote) another for Nick.

Poor Vasquez, just another example of the greedy hollywood system and how they'll do anything to stifle anything creative and interesting if they don't like the end result of the product.

Shujinco2

I'm actually not too sure if he DID do another series.

I can't think of any other nick shows that either goes with his illustration works or his style of writing.

Nayrman

I'm pretty sure he worked on something. Nowhere near the extent of Invader Zim though (canceling Zim was the beginning of Nick's downfall to stupid fart jokes)

Silly_Penguin

I love JTHM, Invader Zim, and Squee!. I heard of two other comics he made, I Feel Sick and Fillerbunny, but I have yet to see either of these in a regular bookstore, so i haven't had a chance to read them.

Zovistograt

I do love his humor and his art style.  There's something unique about it that I don't think I've ever seen matched with the same success.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)