News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

New clones wanted?

Started by Neerb, July 16, 2009, 10:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Clone is the name of when a character either uses a move with the same name or does the same thing. Since Fox, Falco, AND Wolf all use a laser gun, it is a cloned move, all 3 have reflectors, so it's a cloned move. Since Fox and Falco both create some "illusion" thing on their side B, it is a cloned move, but Wolf's side B is different but based on the same thing, so people call it a cloned move as well. Same with the up B, Fox and Falco become flaming and go up, so it IS a cloned move, and Wolf's up B goes up in a similar matter, so it is considered a cloned move as well.
Ness and Lucas' both use PK Fire, PK Thunder, and the PSI shield or whatever, different effects, but the same attack, so it is a cloned move. PK Flash and PK Freeze both work in the same matter, they come out of the head and slowly move away, so it is considered a cloned move.

Echo is probably annoyed with Dr. Mario because he IS Mario. Dr. Mario is in fact different in his terms, but you can't change the "Mario" in him. But that's just what I think he thinks, I could be wrong.

After reading Echo's posts, it made me feel less annoyed by "clones." But I would still like them to go away.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Captain Justice

I'm not really annoyed by Doc, because really its just an extra character that we wouldn't have had if he was made into an alt. costume. I'm just saying he is the closest thing to a true clone.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Depster

I prefer doc.  But really, I think all clones are different enough in brawl.  They are all luigified pretty heavily and even if the specials are the same, they work incredibly differently in most cases.  Don't forget that the smashes are all way different, too.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Neerb

True; in Melee they were almost literally clones, but at least in Brawl most of their A moves are different.

FruitFlow

Do characters with the same stage entrance count?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

As clones..?
Yes they count, Pikachu, Purin, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are all clones.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Some say Charizard is supposed to be a Bowser 2.0.
Minus the flying.

I don't even understand why people back then assumed ZSS was a Sheik clone.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 22, 2009, 03:57:15 PM
As clones..?
Yes they count, Pikachu, Purin, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are all clones.
What?
The definition is really intercourse ed up then.

Clones,:
SSB:
Mario - Luigi

SSBM:
Mario - Dr. Mario - Luigi (Begin Luigification)
Link - Young Link
Pikachu - Pichu
Captain Falcon - Ganondorf
Fox - Falco
Roy - Marth

SSBB:
Link - Toon Link
Captain Falcon - Ganondorf
Fox - Falco - Wolf
Ness - Lucas

In SSBB, Luigi is different enough to not be considered a clone anymore.

Nayrman

He's making fun of the idea that same entrances mean they're clones. Someone didn't read the post X_X

JrDude

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 23, 2009, 06:55:16 PM
What?
The definition is really intercourse ed up then.
Yes indeed it is.

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on July 23, 2009, 06:55:16 PM
In SSBB, Luigi is different enough to not be considered a clone anymore.
Wrong, he is just Super-Luigified clone.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I'd say Luigi is no longer a clone, considering the only thing he has in common with Mario is 2 Specials.

Captain Justice

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 23, 2009, 08:19:46 PM
I'd say Luigi is no longer a clone, considering the only thing he has in common with Mario is 2 Specials.
and yet Wolf has only one special in commin with Fox, yet he is a clone?
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Neerb

Quote from: Echo on July 23, 2009, 08:21:36 PM
and yet Wolf has only one special in commin with Fox, yet he is a clone?

Wolf has 4 out of 4 specials in common with Fox, plus a Final Smash.

JrDude

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 23, 2009, 08:34:25 PM
Wolf has 4 out of 4 specials in common with Fox, plus a Final Smash.
Actually not really, Wolf's just goes up then kicks while Fox is flaming with no kick. And his side B makes him go up and to the side, Fox's makes blue Fox's appear and makes him go quickly to the right. You people just consider it cloned moves, but if any other character that isn't Star Fox related had it, you wouldn't notice the similarity.

And with Luigi, his Down B is still based off Mario's original Down B which is now his D Air, so I still consider him somewhat a clone.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 23, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
Actually not really, Wolf's just goes up then kicks while Fox is flaming with no kick. And his side B makes him go up and to the side, Fox's makes blue Fox's appear and makes him go quickly to the right. You people just consider it cloned moves, but if any other character that isn't Star Fox related had it, you wouldn't notice the similarity.

And with Luigi, his Down B is still based off Mario's original Down B which is now his D Air, so I still consider him somewhat a clone.

Like Ganondorf isn't a Captain Falcon clone because Captain Falcon has fire and Ganondorf has purple magic?  Wolf=Fox clone.

As for Luigi, I don't consider his Down B to be cloned off of Mario because I look at the current game, not the old ones, and in the current game Mario doesn't have a spinning attack as a special.