News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

FOX Recasting Major Voice Roles in Futurama (WTF)

Started by TheDarkChief, July 17, 2009, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Quote from: Disco Stick on July 17, 2009, 07:25:14 PM
Really? The unique voices gave the show personality...It might as well be dead.

Who is to say that the new voices won't either match up, or improve on the old ones?  I know I'll miss "Good News Everyone!", but give it a chance before judging it.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

JrDude

Quote from: Jono2 on July 17, 2009, 10:31:20 PM
Who is to say that the new voices won't either match up, or improve on the old ones?  I know I'll miss "Good News Everyone!", but give it a chance before judging it.
Voices on a TV show can never really improve. It's like making Fry's hair brown, is it an improvement?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Jono2

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 18, 2009, 12:45:24 AM
Voices on a TV show can never really improve. It's like making Fry's hair brown, is it an improvement?

stop being so pessimistic.  give it a chance before judging it.  It's better than the show being canceled.

JrDude

Quote from: Jono2 on July 18, 2009, 06:59:48 AM
stop being so pessimistic.  give it a chance before judging it.  It's better than the show being canceled.
You obviously didn't read the other post of mine, either that or your obsessive brain blocked it out.
By the voices never being able to be improve, I mean, the voice is their voice, you can't improve someone's voice, it's part of their character, like Fry's orange hair.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Jono2

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 19, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
You obviously didn't read the other post of mine, either that or your obsessive brain blocked it out.
By the voices never being able to be improve, I mean, the voice is their voice, you can't improve someone's voice, it's part of their character, like Fry's orange hair.

just because it can't improve doesn't mean that the show can't survive.  The show will draw new viewers who have never watched the old episodes and don't know the personality of the characters.  I'm not saying that it will be better by any means, but at least it will still have the same storytelling, etc.

Flying Chickens

I'm sure after a week or two no one will really care about the change anymore. The do it with tons of television shows, but no one really notices later on.

Dog Food

Quote from: Orgizirtee on July 19, 2009, 12:08:00 PM
I'm sure after a week or two no one will really care about the change anymore. The do it with tons of television shows, but no one really notices later on.
Yeah they changed an entire actor for a character in one of my shows and at first I hated it, then it became normal and I didn't care anymore.

This is probably more like what happened when they found a new actor for Homer on The Simpsons. Everyone was outraged, but they got over it.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Captain Justice

plus its not like they're gonna get people who sound nothing like the old actors.....hopefully.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 03:35:39 PM
plus its not like they're gonna get people who sound nothing like the old actors.....hopefully.
You never know with Fox... kings of the idiots.

Zies

...Well this is just full of intercourse ing poop...
...And as Ryan said, Faux is full of idiots, so there's a good chance this will be pretty fail...=.=...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

JrDude

Unless the voices COMPLETELY change, then we will be fine. And even if they do completely change, you'll get over it.
[move][/move]
Dude .