News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

This is a template.

Started by Syncopathic, August 18, 2009, 02:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

You misunderstand me. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't do things that could possibly make this a bigger deal (i.e. reply).
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 02, 2011, 11:27:20 PM
You misunderstand me. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't do things that could possibly make this a bigger deal (i.e. reply).
I uh
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

JrDude

I don't understand you. What do you think people are gonna do with your picture if they happen to find it? Do you think it will make people be inspired to murder people? Do you think it will go on the news and it will say your real name and how much the art sucks? Do you think people are gonna come to your house and laugh at you because you uploaded a picture to Photobucket? What is the problem sir? Why is the small possibility of other people seeing it, bother you?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 03, 2011, 04:01:26 AM
I don't understand you. What do you think people are gonna do with your picture if they happen to find it? Do you think it will make people be inspired to murder people? Do you think it will go on the news and it will say your real name and how much the art sucks? Do you think people are gonna come to your house and laugh at you because you uploaded a picture to Photobucket? What is the problem sir? Why is the small possibility of other people seeing it, bother you?
Because everything on the internet is dangerous and will kill you
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 03, 2011, 04:01:26 AM
No, nothing like that at all. Why you're even delving so far into this puzzles me, but allow me to explain it anyway in this manner:

It's like uploading a picture of myself to a social networking site. I don't want to do that. If I had an account on one of those sites, I'd make everything I say public, viewable to all, or whatever it is. What I say is a direct reflection on me, so I'd never hide it unless it was message to a specific person or something, in which it obviously makes sense to keep that--not necessarily private, but--not viewable to anyone. But I'd never upload a picture of myself at all, in part because no matter what kind of picture I'd take, it's send the wrong message about me.

The same goes for artwork. Except in this case, I'd be willing to upload my interpretation of this template (as aforementioned). For lack of a better example, it's just like contributing to a wiki's image gallery with original content. I've done it before, and this isn't much different.

Anyway, my uneasiness about uploading really only applies to things like unfinished work. For instance, I'd never upload a sketch of a character for a comic and ask if it's good or not. I would, however, upload the finished product of a comic or drawing of a character if I thought it was good enough.

Kayo

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 03, 2011, 07:43:24 PM
No, nothing like that at all. Why you're even delving so far into this puzzles me, but allow me to explain it anyway in this manner:

It's like uploading a picture of myself to a social networking site. I don't want to do that. If I had an account on one of those sites, I'd make everything I say public, viewable to all, or whatever it is. What I say is a direct reflection on me, so I'd never hide it unless it was message to a specific person or something, in which it obviously makes sense to keep that--not necessarily private, but--not viewable to anyone. But I'd never upload a picture of myself at all, in part because no matter what kind of picture I'd take, it's send the wrong message about me.

The same goes for artwork. Except in this case, I'd be willing to upload my interpretation of this template (as aforementioned). For lack of a better example, it's just like contributing to a wiki's image gallery with original content. I've done it before, and this isn't much different.

Anyway, my uneasiness about uploading really only applies to things like unfinished work. For instance, I'd never upload a sketch of a character for a comic and ask if it's good or not. I would, however, upload the finished product of a comic or drawing of a character if I thought it was good enough.
You act like uploading an image is like displaying it on every channel of national television for 30 minutes straight. The internet is vast and MASSIVE. There are SO MANY images on the internet that no one will EVER notice. It's not like you're uploading everything into a specific gallery. You're not. I have a photobucket, but I keep it private. I don't use it as a gallery. There is no underlying theme in all the pictures on it. It's a mix of everything. People don't look at my photobucket album regularly. It's only there so I can link to images in some way by having them assigned to an obscure URL no one will ever come up with by guessing.

And what's wrong with pictures on a social networking site? Those things can be made private so that no one can see them and link them to you. Yeah, they're on the internet. But who's gonna find them? NOBODY. And how would a picture send the wrong message about you. You think people IRL don't see what you look like anyway? And if any strange person comes across that picture, they're not gonna KNOW you. They're not going to be able to JUDGE anything. And if they do, who cares? No one knows it's you but you. Take this for example.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

See these people? Do you know them? Do you know their names? No, you don't. These same people could have facebook accounts, with their name clearly visible and other pictures of themself available (though to only their facebook friends). How can you find these people on facebook? You can't.

You can only see them. You don't know ANYTHING else about them. Make fun of that girl on the right if you want to. Call her a slut. Go ahead, do it. No one knows who she is, so no one will notice. If this same image appears on the internet with a caption, are people going to drive to her house and throw stones through her window? No, she's just a collection of pixels for all we know.

What's this about unfinished work? Who cares? People aren't going to judge your final product based on the works-in-progress. They don't even need to SEE the middle steps. Upload them to a private photobucket account. The images can only be seen if you have the URL. No one will synthesize the exact URL by typing random letters. No one's gonna go to your photobucket page and sift through your drawings. You have access to them, no one else does. It's nothing.

tl;dr quit making a big deal. you're whining about nothing.
[move][/move]

Super

Quote from: Kayo on July 03, 2011, 07:57:06 PM
tl;dr quit making a big deal. you're whining about nothing.
Follow your own advice, sir.

TheDarkChief

less smart discussion more pictures that will never outdo my creations

RX-78-2

Wow. I'm sorry but I almost don't think it's worth replying to this, not because I'm trying to be a dick, but because you're completely missing the point and acting like I've never been on the Internet. I'm not neurotic or anything. At least Jr is asking legitimate questions and actually understands what I'm saying. And I'm not saying this with any negative connotations. I'm merely saying that you're not understanding me.

Just to get this out of the way, when you read an opinion, read it as--ironically--objectively as possible, that is, don't put any personality in it. Read the words, not the implication. That might help you understand that this isn't a big deal, although it apparently sounds like it to you. And you yourself are making it a big deal by replying in the manner that you have. Again, not trying to be a dick.

So, I'm going to try to explain myself as concisely as I can: it's not so much about being judged as it is about misrepresenting myself. Same difference, I know, but there's a slight distinction.

JrDude

There's no such thing as "sending the wrong message" with a picture, because if it's sending a message at all, all people will see the message differently. Most of the time it won't send a message besides "here's what I look like" or "here's what the GRAND CANYON (or whatever it is) looks like."

You say you're willing to upload for stuff like this? Sign up to Photobucket and do it. Care about something that makes no sense? Make it private so no one will be able to see your work unless you show it to them. Photobucket allows that.

We are not asking for unfinished work, we're asking for you to upload what you want to upload but are too scared to upload because of some things that don't make sense to us.
[move][/move]
Dude .