News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

What do you think of Spongebob Squarepants (the show)?

Started by RX-78-2, September 04, 2009, 05:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Spongebob Squarepants (the show)?

Clever, funny, entertaining, etc.
6 (40%)
Stupid, childish, somehow offensive, etc.
0 (0%)
Gay... in the bad way (as in F-A... you get the idea)
2 (13.3%)
A little of everything
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

RX-78-2

I think it's great, therefore I voted for "Clever, funny, entertaining, etc.", because that's what it is (to me). I've heard that some people think it's stupid and such, but I think they're just trying to sound unique, smart, or clever, (no offense to any of you who think that). The same goes for Family Guy, which I might make a thread on later if this one gets a good response.

So... thoughts?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Nayrman

Peaked early, ran out of ideas, fell to retard "DURRRR" jokes.

While I love the earlier seasons when they actually had a style, I've hated the later ones as they obviously stopped trying (like Family Guy in your above example)

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on September 04, 2009, 05:20:48 PM
Peaked early, ran out of ideas, fell to retard "DURRRR" jokes.

While I love the earlier seasons when they actually had a style, I've hated the later ones as they obviously stopped trying (like Family Guy in your above example)
Yeah I've kind of seen that too, but I still enjoy the new ones anyway. There are a few of them that still have that old cleverness in them that just makes it work.

Captain Justice

The older episodes of Spongebob are genious and I love them.....but the new ones are really bad.

I still voted the first option, because I don't acknowledge that the new ones exist.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

JrDude

I don't exactly like them for Nayr's reasons, but I still watch them.
And don't worry Nayr, Family Guy will be done when The Cleveland Show starts, which seems to be going in a different direction than "Oh, it's like when so and so did such and such"
Though I will be sad when that happens.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zovistograt

Seasons 1-3 were amazing.  I don't like anything made after the movie.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

I like the series.
New episodes have some clever jokes to, sometimes more adult oriented than I would ever expect. D:

Family guy sucks balls.
Always has, always will.

Triforceman22

The first like, 3 seasons plus the Movie were great.
Then it got kinda bad....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Captain Justice

Ugh, the movie was average at best. It def had some strong funny parts in it (David Hasslehoff) but it also had some really horrible jokes such as the Goofy Goober song and the fact that they drove around in a giant Krabby Patty. I also hate how King Neptune looked like this :
[spoiler][/spoiler]

while in an older episode he looked like  this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

jnfs2014

Yeah, earlier seasons were hilarious, not it's.......poop jokes.

The Seventh

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on September 04, 2009, 05:53:22 PM
The older episodes of Spongebob are genious and I love them.....but the new ones are really bad.

I still voted the first option, because I don't acknowledge that the new ones exist.
THIS.

First 3 or so seasons=WIN

From then on=Blech
Quote from: Hoss Delgado on September 05, 2009, 11:21:41 AM
Ugh, the movie was average at best. It def had some strong funny parts in it (David Hasslehoff) but it also had some really horrible jokes such as the Goofy Goober song and the fact that they drove around in a giant Krabby Patty. I also hate how King Neptune looked like this :
[spoiler][/spoiler]

while in an older episode he looked like  this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Wait, king neptune was a red x?
meh

RX-78-2

It looks like most of you enjoy seasons 1-3 the most. lol, those are the only ones I have on DVD (complete season box sets FTW). I still want to get the full series.

I liked the movie though, and surprisingly, it got good critical reviews, three stars I believe.

I still appreciate the series in its entirety, because to me, it looks like the cast and crew of the show are really just working hard and trying to keep the show going strong, which it still is, seeing as it's the most watched, and probably the most frequently shown program on the main Nickelodeon channel. I think it's more of Nickelodeon trying to milk it and make everything they can out of it.

Magnum

I think I'm the only one I've known that just hated this show.

Even when I was a kid, his laughter, the terrible jokes, EVERYTHING about the show made me hate it.

So, Gay

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Mystic

The show has sucked from the beginning. It bothers me that water in a bathtub is easily identified when surrounded BY FUCKING WATER. Why doesn't it blend in with the water the intercourse ing city is filled with?

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Mystic on September 07, 2009, 09:43:42 PM
The show has sucked from the beginning. It bothers me that water in a bathtub is easily identified when surrounded BY FUCKING WATER. Why doesn't it blend in with the water the intercourse ing city is filled with?