News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Phoenix Wright Trilogy to hit WiiWare

Started by DededeCloneChris, December 23, 2009, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2009/11/18/phoenix_wright_ace_attorney_coming_to_wiiware_in_january

Yes, the 3 Phoenix Wright games are coming to Wii this 2010.

First is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in January.
Second is Phoenix Wright: Justice for All in March.
And the third is Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations in May.

Personally, I wanted to buy one of the games, but seeing the 3 in WiiWare? That really saves a lot of money for me. ; )

Discuss.

Spud

Oh good, I want to swing my Wiimote to present evidence. Probably the first WiiWare title I'll buy in 2010.

SkyMyl

That's pretty cool. I'm a little disappointed it's just a straight port, but eh.

I don't have T&T, so I'll probably be buying that one.

BOREDFOREVER

I enjoyed all three. Apollo Justice, not as much.  But I would def recommend Wiiware purchase to people without a DS.

Thirdkoopa

One of my friends really wants to get into the series, so when I told him, he got really happy. I may try it too now; With it being WiiWare, the price may be tempting.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

I played Phoenix Wright on the go, so I won't be buying this. I guess it is good if you don't have DS.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Macawmoses

DededeCloneChris

Spud

Macawmoses

bluaki

From what I read about the game, it'd look very horrible on a TV, even to somebody (like me) who has absolutely no experience with HD games. Forget any concept of something like 720p; this game is 192p.

The games were designed for the DS (GBA, actually, but this is a port of the DS version) with its 256x192 resolution screens. Porting it to a TV, which uses a typical 640x480 resolution screen, you would expect that the developers might draw higher resolution sprites of things like characters, backgrounds, and even text, but no. Everything, even the text, will appear very blocky on any TV.

While the DS version uses the dual-screens well, of course consider that those are merged again for its TV displaying. Though it's not too huge of a drawback, you probably cannot see things like the currently displayed text dialog while you're navigating the menus and navigating will take longer (especially in examination) because of needing to open the menu.

Supposedly, these WiiWare games also attempt to play all "OBJECTION!" etc. sounds to be played on the Wii Remote. I dunno how well that'd work with Wiimote's speaker quality.

The only redeeming aspect of this appears to be its price. If I didn't already have the games, I'd much rather buy all three PW games packaged in a single DS cart for $35  (they're all rather short and low filesize, so I wish they were in the first place) than these WiiWare ducttape-jobs even if they were reduced to $5 each.

Doodle

I downloaded it yesterday.
Haven't played it yet.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: bluaki on January 18, 2010, 03:31:40 AM
From what I read about the game, it'd look very horrible on a TV, even to somebody (like me) who has absolutely no experience with HD games. Forget any concept of something like 720p; this game is 192p.

The games were designed for the DS (GBA, actually, but this is a port of the DS version) with its 256x192 resolution screens. Porting it to a TV, which uses a typical 640x480 resolution screen, you would expect that the developers might draw higher resolution sprites of things like characters, backgrounds, and even text, but no. Everything, even the text, will appear very blocky on any TV.

While the DS version uses the dual-screens well, of course consider that those are merged again for its TV displaying. Though it's not too huge of a drawback, you probably cannot see things like the currently displayed text dialog while you're navigating the menus and navigating will take longer (especially in examination) because of needing to open the menu.

Supposedly, these WiiWare games also attempt to play all "OBJECTION!" etc. sounds to be played on the Wii Remote. I dunno how well that'd work with Wiimote's speaker quality.

The only redeeming aspect of this appears to be its price. If I didn't already have the games, I'd much rather buy all three PW games packaged in a single DS cart for $35  (they're all rather short and low filesize, so I wish they were in the first place) than these WiiWare ducttape-jobs even if they were reduced to $5 each.
It's much better in the WiiWare because you can buy them anytime without fearing of losing them at a store.

Thirdkoopa

For anyone who's downloaded it, how is it?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

DededeCloneChris

Change of dates, Justice For All has been moved to February 15.

This means the second game has been released today. ;)

Also, as an extra reminder, Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations is going to be released for the DS tomorrow.