News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

New Pokemon (as in game and species) coming!

Started by Macawmoses, January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Or maybe the new movie is introducting a new trainer to the canon who just so happens to have a Mightyena.

Cornwad

I might also add that the movie is roughly translated as "Phantom Champion Z". It's based on the second generation legendaries. Z is probably the new Pokemon, and Dark or Ghost seems to fit with the Phantom part. Mightyena is dark. 
If it isn't a completely new Pokemon, I think it's safe to say it's a Mightyena evolution.

JrDude

Quote from: mackormoses on February 07, 2010, 04:44:24 PM
Or maybe the new movie is introducting a new trainer to the canon who just so happens to have a Mightyena.
I thought of that, but it disappeared in the non-logic that Cornwad is introducing.

Quote from: Cornwad on February 07, 2010, 04:46:19 PM
I might also add that the movie is roughly translated as "Phantom Champion Z". It's based on the second generation legendaries. Z is probably the new Pokemon, and Dark or Ghost seems to fit with the Phantom part. Mightyena is dark. 
If it isn't a completely new Pokemon, I think it's safe to say it's a Mightyena evolution.
You can say it, but it's not. ;)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Rough translations are poop. That's called a "Calc Translation". In other words, you go word for word, and get a result. In my French class I had people translate one of my sentences into A good well that's too short. It should have been all's well that ends well.

Cornwad

It probably is the Mightyena that belongs to a new trainer... that then evolves into the new Pokemon. Like Gwen said, the first Generation IV Pokemon was revealed in a movie, and was advertised along with it.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on February 07, 2010, 04:50:34 PM
It probably is the Mightyena that belongs to a new trainer... that then evolves into the new Pokemon. Like Gwen said, the first Generation IV Pokemon was revealed in a movie, and was advertised along with it.
Actually, I can almost guarantee that it's not, it's likely a new Pokémon, non-evo of anyone, but if an evo of anyone, it isn't Mightyena.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Quote from: JrDude ½ on February 07, 2010, 04:52:20 PM
Actually, I can almost guarantee that it's not, it's likely a new Pokémon, non-evo of anyone, but if an evo of anyone, it isn't Mightyena.
Oh come on, you have no more idea on what it is than I do. I'm not saying it is definitely an evolution of Mightyena, but  it's a darn good guess. Mightyena is in the center of the bag for crying out loud, and it has never been important in the show before. The new thing looks like a werewolf and the movie title talks about something that could be dark. The new Pokemon is going to be in the new movie. That's not something you can say about Ninetails or Sandslash or any other Pokemon for that matter. Mightyena fits as perfectly as an already existing Poke can.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on February 07, 2010, 04:56:26 PM
Oh come on, you have no more idea on what it is than I do. I'm not saying it is definitely an evolution of Mightyena, but  it's a darn good guess. Mightyena is in the center of the bag for crying out loud, and it has never been important in the show before. The new thing looks like a werewolf and the movie title talks about something that could be dark. The new Pokemon is going to be in the new movie. That's not something you can say about Ninetails or Sandslash or any other Pokemon for that matter. Mightyena fits as perfectly as an already existing Poke can.
You can call it a good guess since it's your guess, but the thing is, it's still wrong. You can whine and complain all you want, but when it comes out, you will still be wrong.
A Pokémon with a big role will not evolve, I'm not sure about the Munchlax thing, but I have a feeling his role wasn't big, maybe a little role, but even if he had a big role, he's a prevo, not an evo.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew what the writers for the anime and the developers of the new games were thinking. But on the other hand, Shaymin was a major character and one of the movies and evolved into a new form... a new form that was being revealed for the first time and was shown in shadow before the movie opened. And then of course there was the whole notched ear Pichu thing... but of course that's completely different.

Does everyone just hate Mightyena or something? It wasn't even my idea, it's the one that makes the most sense.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on February 07, 2010, 05:07:33 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew what the writers for the anime and the developers of the new games were thinking. But on the other hand, Shaymin was a major character and one of the movies and evolved into a new form... a new form that was being revealed for the first time and was shown in shadow before the movie opened. And then of course there was the whole notched ear Pichu thing... but of course that's completely different.

Does everyone just hate Mightyena or something? It wasn't even my idea, it's the one that makes the most sense.
Those are different forms of Pokémon, not evolutions of them.
And actually, Mightyena is one of my favorites. And it only makes sense to you and a few others because you saw a bag with a picture on it, and the picture happened to have a pic of Mightyena, OSHI IT MUST BE A MIGHTYENA EVO :O
And I never claim to know what the developers are thinking, but you can say that all you want :)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I guess we'll just have to wait until next Monday.

DededeCloneChris

DededeCloneChris

Cornwad

I have absolutely no idea. But all of those Pokemon besides Mightyena have been confirmed to be in the movie, with Tangrowth being one of the main characters in the min Pikachu movie.