News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New Pokemon (as in game and species) coming!

Started by Macawmoses, January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

I'm just going to put this out there, but I think that that "thing" in the previous post in this thread that looks like Mightyena, is one one these things (keep in mind that I don't know where the picture was found or exactly what it's of):

• a Mightyena evolution
  • an alternate Poochyena evolution
  • random fan art of any kind of Mightyena or any related made-up Pokémon
  • a new interpretation/"Forme" of Mightyena

Whatever it is, it looks cool and I hope the writers and developers have something good in store for us.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Rius

With the exception of legendaries, first-glimpse Pokemon tend to be... most random. Actually...

2nd Gen - Togepi, Donphan, Marill, Snubbull, Ho-Oh, Lugia
3rd Gen - Kecleon, Latios, Latias
4th Gen - Munchlax, Bonsly, Lucario

I can't remember any other preview Pokemon, so feel free to add more. Can't exactly say whether it's a legendary or not. When Lucario was revealed, everyone and their grandmother thought he was a legendary; being the star in a movie didn't exactly help. As for other choices, I agree with Mack's observation that there haven't been any (to my knowledge) new evolves as previews, so it would kind of make sense to choose one. The developers are indeed capable of thought, so anything we've thought of, they probably have, too.
As for the Mightyena argument, considering the circumstances, I would say it's certainly more plausible than most ideas, assuming the Pokemon is an evolution. Seriously, people have predicted the release of HG/SS from details far more abstract, such as the floors of Pokemon Centers in Gen 4. Whatever the case, we'll find out in two weeks.

bluaki

Quote from: HorribleToad on February 07, 2010, 05:40:33 PM
I'm just going to put this out there, but I think that that "thing" in the previous post in this thread that looks like Mightyena, is one one these things (keep in mind that I don't know where the picture was found or exactly what it's of)
The coloring inside that image is completely fake. We were given an officially announced silhouette, that's it.
Quote from: Rius on February 07, 2010, 05:45:08 PM
Seriously, people have predicted the release of HG/SS from details far more abstract, such as the floors of Pokemon Centers in Gen 4. Whatever the case, we'll find out in two weeks.
...floors of Pokemon Centers? What in the world does that have to do with HG/SS or Johto?

So_So_Man

Quote from: bluaki on February 07, 2010, 07:03:59 PM
...floors of Pokemon Centers? What in the world does that have to do with HG/SS or Johto?
The pokeball in the middle was gold and silver, or something like that.

Macawmoses

All that image does is show that Piplup is in the movie. And a rock/tree. And mightyena. I'm really confused as to how it raises probability even still. The way I see it, any and all of the ones we've discussed (plus it being a whole new one) are equally as likely.

Cornwad

Piplup and Sudowoodo belong to trainers that are already often present in the anime, like Pikachu. It's a completely different story for Mightyena.

Gwen Khan

RX-78-2

Quote from: bluaki on February 07, 2010, 07:03:59 PM
The coloring inside that image is completely fake. We were given an officially announced silhouette, that's it....
Oh. That explains a lot. Well my opinion is unchanged for that particular rendering anyway. As for the silhouette, do you know where I could find the official image?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

JrDude

Quote from: HorribleToad on February 08, 2010, 07:39:52 PM
Oh. That explains a lot. Well my opinion is unchanged for that particular rendering anyway. As for the silhouette, do you know where I could find the official image?
Serebii.net
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Kayo

Quote from: Rius on February 07, 2010, 05:45:08 PM
With the exception of legendaries, first-glimpse Pokemon tend to be... most random. Actually...

2nd Gen - Togepi, Donphan, Marill, Snubbull, Ho-Oh, Lugia
3rd Gen - Kecleon, Latios, Latias
4th Gen - Munchlax, Bonsly, Lucario

I can't remember any other preview Pokemon, so feel free to add more. Can't exactly say whether it's a legendary or not. When Lucario was revealed, everyone and their grandmother thought he was a legendary; being the star in a movie didn't exactly help. As for other choices, I agree with Mack's observation that there haven't been any (to my knowledge) new evolves as previews, so it would kind of make sense to choose one. The developers are indeed capable of thought, so anything we've thought of, they probably have, too.
As for the Mightyena argument, considering the circumstances, I would say it's certainly more plausible than most ideas, assuming the Pokemon is an evolution. Seriously, people have predicted the release of HG/SS from details far more abstract, such as the floors of Pokemon Centers in Gen 4. Whatever the case, we'll find out in two weeks.
Gen 4: Mime Jr.  Appeared in the anime before we knew of a 4th gen.

i don't regularly watch the anime, but i remember heariing of a Mine Jr. early, i think Team Rocket had one.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Chris8492

Anyone know what the name is going to be? What region is the new game going to be based from?

Zero

Quote from: Razgriz2489 on February 09, 2010, 10:42:17 AM
Anyone know what the name is going to be? What region is the new game going to be based from?

No, that information probably won't be revealed for quite a while. We'll get this pokemon's info in 2 weeks, at least.

DededeCloneChris

By the way, a rumor came out. The possible real appearance of the Pokemon is at Serebii.

Kayo

YES. Serebii found out the REAL info on this pokemon!

[spoiler]Its a new species, not a mightyena evo. It's a "Monster Fox" pokemon, named Zoroaarku (Zoraork) with a pre-evo, Zorua. There are more to be revealed next month, also the Movie is titles "Phantom Champion Zoroark"[/spoiler]

YEAH
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]