Fuck no.
2 (18.2%)
Eventually...
5 (45.5%)
Yeah, I guess.
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

SkyMyl

Oh boy. Final Fantasy XIII. I have nothing more to say. Did it live up to the hype? No. Do people love it? Sure. Do people hate it? Of course. Which camp is bigger? The hate camp, of course. I know people that have pre-ordered the game, all set for excitement, and I know people who have cursed its existence and condemned it to an eternal porcupine gangbang.

Hell, my brother and I have been in a heated arguement about it. He's on the fence that it'll suck because it removed towns as an element, which is pretty much one of the main points of an RPG, to talk to NPCs, gather information, get involved, etc etc. Me, I'm not all that phased by it. He's also kind of mad because it's linear, to a much less extent. Yes, this game is totally linear. I mean, it's not like the series has had ANY games that were almost entirely linear, right?

Totally. There weren't ANY games that BARELY had any form of exploration in it whatsoever. None whatsoever. Also, this game sucks and is overrated, but that's for another day when I feel like wasting seven hours writing about it. Probably when I'm on my death bed.

Where was I? Ah, yes, talking about FFXIII. Actually, I'm cutting this short, as opposed to my other threads. At least the game is coming out on March 9th, which seems to be a universal video game release date. Plus, it's coming out on Brawl's 2 year anniversary.

Oh wait, none of you give a care about Brawl. It failed to live up to anything. Oh hey, there's the icing on a delicious cake! An overrated game that will fail to live up to the hype, being released internationally on the same day as another, much hyped game that failed to amount to anything. Now we can watch Brawl and Final Fantasy XIII have deformed, mutant children together, in the form of an RPG fighting game.

Oh wait.

tl;dr, fanboys are idiots. Even sensible fanboys are idiots. Meaning, yes, we are all idiots. Live with it.

...also, this game has implied Lesbians in it.

FUCK YEAH THIS JUST SOLD THE GAME FOR ME, HOMOSEXUALITY IN FEMALES IS THE GREATEST THING EVER
I'm blocking 4chan on this computer. It's for your own good.

DededeCloneChris

Dude, people hug each other regardless of gender.

Thirdkoopa

I hate to agree with Neogaf, I really do, but hi. I'm honestly beginning to think that after 10 they've actually tried taking what made the series fun out of it. Seriously, why this MMORPG type poop? And now we're stuck with...Some weird combat system which was mainly ripped off from a spin-off.

Still going to be buying this at some point. Dammit; so many games to buy new and such little I actually want to spend for this years games.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Quote from: Third K on February 24, 2010, 01:17:00 PM
I hate to agree with Neogaf, I really do, but hi. I'm honestly beginning to think that after 10 they've actually tried taking what made the series fun out of it. Seriously, why this MMORPG type poop? And now we're stuck with...Some weird combat system which was mainly ripped off from a spin-off.

Still going to be buying this at some point. Dammit; so many games to buy new and such little I actually want to spend for this years games.
This post is everything. I blame the Final Fantasy movie.

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on February 24, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Dude, people hug each other regardless of gender.
That was just the only picture I could find of them, mostly because I'm too lazy to do a better search.
Maybe if you just stopped searching Google Images...

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Striker Sky on February 24, 2010, 02:00:36 PM
This post is everything. I blame the Final Fantasy movie.
I blame FF12 for this poop. I know why they're doing it in the sense to make everything different from the previous FF game but now they're trying too hard and just plain shooting for irrelevancy to what established the series to being so popular in the first place. What happened to my exploration? My fun characters who didn't have to rely on just voice acting to be developed? My good and Final Fantasy type battle system and soundtrack? My simple plot that still remained good and wasn't so similar near the end?
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

jnfs2014

Final Fantasy is like the opposite of Zelda.

FF-Strays too much from its' roots

Zelda-Basically a re-hash of the last major Zelda game.

Mutilator7

I think this game is looking pretty good, and with it coming to xbox (even though its on 3 dvds) I already have it preordered and can't wait to play it.

Zero

Elaborate on how FFX is terrible. It kicks ass. The recent trend in bashing pre-FFXII FF games is getting pretty irritating. The amount of challenges that game offers is astounding when compared to other FF's and even other RPG's. Defeating Penence and Nemesis were two of the greatest things I've ever done in an RPG, and two of the most fun boss battles I've ever faced.

Final Fantasy died when Hironobu Sakaguchi left after FFX. Final Fantasy X was the last game in the series he worked on and you can definitely tell, because after that the only tolerable Final Fantasy to come out was X-2, and that game is pretty bad in a lot of ways. At least the gameplay is decent. Both games are linear, but how exactly is that such a bad thing? I don't understand why it's so bad. Platformers are incredibly linear. You can only do "this" to get here and there or whatever, you get what I mean. Critics have games like Fable and Oblivion up their asses when reviewing JRPG's for some reason, expecting to get a similar experience like complete retards.

Still, I'm pumped up for FFXIII. I'm willing to give Square one last chance after the poopfest that was 12 and the disappointment that was 11. 11 is just...too ugh and I still disagree with their decision to make it a main entry in the series instead of just calling it "Final Fantasy Online". Lord knows what FFXIV will bring.

I've heard the way you level up in FFXIII is similar to the Sphere Grid in FFX, which makes me happy considering I adored the sphere grid. I still think its the most advanced level up system to date in ANY rpg.

Custom

But yeah, FFXIII is going to be a straight path. I like open maps.

Quote from: Violet on February 25, 2010, 03:13:18 PM
Final Fantasy is like the opposite of Zelda.

FF-Strays too much from its' roots

Zelda-Basically a re-hash of the last major Zelda game.

Uh, no. The DS Zelda games are poop and nothing like the old ones. Fucking gayass trains and poop.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Customrobo13 on February 27, 2010, 11:53:31 PM
Uh, no. The DS Zelda games are poop and nothing like the old ones. Fucking gayass trains and poop.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: phantom hourglass METAL GEAR
sums up part of that game.

As for X, at least X kept the god darn battle system FF is known for. While it did some things wrong and it surely isn't the best in the series at least it didn't try to not be a FF game. FF13 looks great but in reviews they're even pointing out how it doesn't feel much like one.

My guess: FF13 turns out to be a great or decent RPG, potentially horrible. FF13 turns out to suck as a FF game but maybe does decent at best; doubt amazing. will probably be buying this when it's cheaper

@Zero: I loved sphere grid to. I just wish it was more on learning raising your stats rather than "EVERYONE CAN GET EVERY SPELL".

Zero

@TK:

A lot of Final Fantasy games let any character know any ability, so why is that an issue?

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on February 28, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
A lot of Final Fantasy games let any character know any ability, so why is that an issue?
Because in X it's insanely easy for everyone to. Before the end of the game I had Kimhari, Auron, and Tidus running around with every spell in the universe.

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 01, 2010, 12:31:35 PM
Because in X it's insanely easy for everyone to. Before the end of the game I had Kimhari, Auron, and Tidus running around with every spell in the universe.

Have you not played FFVII or FFVIII? In VII you can equip any kind of spell to any character and in VIII you just "draw" the magic from an enemy you're facing with a character. In FFX you actually have to work for the spell to be able to freely use it. Why you had Kimhari and Auron as spellcasters is beyond me, by the way. Their base magic stats are terrible and the only spells they need are Haste and Auto-Life, and even then Kimhari shouldn't be used at all lol.

I'm still not sure why its a problem. Towards the end of the game I understand that the only reason you're using a certain character is for their overdrive(An example of this is Lulu's and Wakka's overdrive, both of which have the potential to deal over one MILLION damage), but even then the solid gameplay and strategy involved still remains intact because even though you have the option to make Auron a mage, you shouldn't make him a intercourse ing mage because no matter how hard you train him he'll still always be inferior to Yuna or Lulu in terms of magic ability. Auron's for breaking through enemies that have Armor, and nothing more unfortunately. Still, the option is there and you do not HAVE to utilize that option. Tidus on the other hand, he's a decent spellcaster and you NEED him to know every spell.

I do understand what you mean, however it's an odd complaint considering most of the gripe with this game is the lack of "freedom" when you essentially have the freedom is make any sort of FF party you want.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 01, 2010, 02:38:24 PM
Have you not played FFVII or FFVIII? In VII you can equip any kind of spell to any character and in VIII you just "draw" the magic from an enemy you're facing with a character. In FFX you actually have to work for the spell to be able to freely use it.

...I've played the entire series - Don't you remember? This would make more sense if I was arguing VII/VIII's system over X's. I'm for sure not a fan of VIII's and VII's only to a certain extent, but...

In VII while you can equip anyone with any darned spell it really does at least give more to the system, ie you lose some HP, gain some MP, and only can keep it to a certain amount of equipment. Granted towards the end of the game you can merge it into one crystal which is also guilty. (Well, only If you level up EVERY spell)

QuoteWhy you had Kimhari and Auron as spellcasters is beyond me, by the way. Their base magic stats are terrible and the only spells they need are Haste and Auto-Life, and even then Kimhari shouldn't be used at all lol.
i used them because in every FF game I base parties off of awesomeness and not logic. intercourse  yeah awesomeness.

...ok I couldn't do that in 4. :>

but to be more specific I had them running around with at least almost everything. No consequences, just grinding. I did overgrind a bit but secret bosses exist to.

I'm still not sure why its a problem.
It's not exactly a problem. It'd be nice to have a different way of learning magic (I.E. assigned to the characters) while stats are more based on the sphere grid. It's still a very nice and under credited system nonetheless.

I do understand what you mean, however it's an odd complaint considering most of the gripe with this game is the lack of "freedom" when you essentially have the freedom is make any sort of FF party you want.
In X? The main complaints are...Actually very varied. I personally think it was a good FF game - sure it wasn't the best we've gotten but it had some awesome ideas to the series that were actually final fantasy ideas. anyone who says it's the worst is highly forgetting about...A lot of the series.

Through the PS1 and SNES era's were still easily the best.

Zero

lol yeah i used my favorite characters until I got to the monster arena....then the world crumbles around you and you realize that Auron isn't all that great and you only bring him out to use piercing and still hit for 99999...which isn't often :[

ARGH NEXT TUESDAY NEEDS TO COME ALREADY