News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel?

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 09, 2010, 02:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

We could use more topics and more rareware discussion. Anyways, Conker's Bad Fur Day (the original one) was actually my favorite N64 title; I'm a bit biased on it's originality department rather than gameplay department. It even released a remake on the Xbox.

However one thing interestesting thing I found a month ago was this; It isn't the original article as It's taken from wiki but it actually did have many ideas.

QuoteAfter the release of Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rare began production on a new Conker game initially named, 'Conker's Other Bad Day', but may have been changed to incorporate a subtitle, 'Getting Medieval'.[13]  But in 2002 Microsoft bought Rare from Nintendo, so instead of finishing and releasing the game, Rare remade Conker's Bad Fur Day for the Xbox, naming it, Conker: Live and Reloaded. On September 16, 2008 it was announced that Microsoft cancelled the game Rare was working on, and in a later interview, some of Rare's staff members hinted at what might have been.[14]  A petition has been started for Microsoft to jumpstart the project and let Rare complete the game.[15]

Rare has actually said themselves that If Microsoft gave them the go they'd do it; At least last I remember. The only true risk from it is the fact that both games didn't sell too hot at all.

So what do you think If this was to be made? What could be fixed from the original? And what did you think on the remake? I think I'm going to try and find the original article a bit more anyways because it just had quite a few neat ideas. Discuss.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

I wasn't a huge fan of the game, myself. I love cute and cuddly Conker. Personally, I think M$ should be looking to Conker as a character they can get kids into again. Their IPs aren't all that kid friendly besides Viva Pinata, and Conker is just sitting there. I don't mean going as far as resorting to slingshotting flowers again...but actually build something up with Conker. That doesn't involve guns or drugs.

JrDude

Quote from: mackormoses on March 09, 2010, 04:12:29 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of the game, myself. I love cute and cuddly Conker. Personally, I think M$ should be looking to Conker as a character they can get kids into again. Their IPs aren't all that kid friendly besides Viva Pinata, and Conker is just sitting there. I don't mean going as far as resorting to slingshotting flowers again...but actually build something up with Conker. That doesn't involve guns or drugs.
That's a horrible idea.
Kids are on the internet.
"OH I loved the game Conker's Flower Shooter, let's google Conker"
Then the kids are scarred for life.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 09, 2010, 04:44:55 PM
That's a horrible idea.
Maybe it's not such a horrible idea. I mean; With DKR and that GBC game conker proved he can fit in basically any type of rated game.

That being said I think a more teen approach would be more settled to the character. Nothing too kiddy but nothing too insane. Maybe an approach more towards everyone. I'm thinking a mario type of approach because honestly...Nothing else comes across in the middle of both sides of conker.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 09, 2010, 04:44:55 PM
That's a horrible idea.
Not at all. It's not like Halo and any game with online chat doesn't have those elements. How about GTA? All M$ has to do is distance itself from that design and they're good to go. Conker has a ton of potential beyond a more adult audience.

JrDude

Also, why recreate characters? Why not just make new ones for characters that don't need changing? I'm not talking about Conker on this one, I'm talking about Banjo Kazooie, their games were fine, and sure, the Nuts & Bolts game was fine too, but it wasn't very fitting for Banjo Kazooie, they should've just made new characters for something like that, rather than changing old ones.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

It's hard for me to see Conker go back, or at least if the kids find out about Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded.  They will then want Reloaded, the parents will blame Microsoft or some other poop instead of noticing the rating and the repeating "This game is not for anyone under 18 years of age"'s on everything that Bad Fur Day came with, the guide book especially.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Mynamewastoolongsoitgotchanged on March 10, 2010, 09:51:40 AM
It's hard for me to see Conker go back, or at least if the kids find out about Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded.  They will then want Reloaded, the parents will blame Microsoft or some other poop instead of noticing the rating and the repeating "This game is not for anyone under 18 years of age"'s on everything that Bad Fur Day came with, the guide book especially.
Not at all. As really, who is going to buy the game now? It's not even in production. You can retool a series with work and advertising.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: mackormoses on March 10, 2010, 07:11:43 PM
Not at all. As really, who is going to buy the game now?

And now, two scene from our possible future.  It's a world not unlike our own.  Microsoft has decided to cash in on their Conker license, but wish to use it to appeal to a broader market.  The release a new Conker game called "Conker's Flower Shooter," with a holiday release.  What darkeness lurks in the local Gamestop in this episode of

THE RETAIL ZONE
The location is a Gamestop.  It's snowing outside; decorations and Christmas lights can be seen in the background.  MOM and DAD enter, obviously worn from long hours of holiday shopping.

DAD: Alright.  What game did he want?

MOM: Clonker?  Conquer?  Something like that.

DAD: Alright.

MOM: moving toward new releases  Here's "Conker's Flower Shooter," and it's $59.99.

DAD: God darn!  start poking through discount bin  Wait a minute, here's "Conker: Live and Reloaded" for $13.78!

MOM:  Oh.  What's it say.

DAD:  I dunno.  It's got some kids on the front and it looks like they're holding a bunch of different controllers.  Must work on all the games.  Let's get this one.

MOM: Why's it so cheap?

DAD: Packaging!  That's where the get ya.  This one isn't packaged all fancy, but he's going to play the game, not stare at the package.  We're getting this one.

scene one blackout

Scene two fades in

We see the same Gamestop, only now there is a angry looking teenager inside wearing a polo and a lanyard.  He is an employee, obviously jaded and bitter over the fact that he gets paid minimum wage to answer "Where's the Mario game for the xbox?" all day.  It's Christmas, and he wants to be home instead, playng his own games.  He is organizing a shelf that, only moments earlier, was completely destroyed by an unsupervised five year old.  An old woman, GRANDMA, enters.

GRANDMA:  I NEED THE CHONKER GAME.

TEEN:  Looks up, obviosly annoyed by being yelled at.  Alright.  You're looking for "Chonker?"

GRANDMA: CLONKER!

TEEN: Conker?

GRANDMA: Yeah.  I need the Conker game for my grandson . . .

TEEN:  Well, over here we have . . .

GRANDMA:  . . . he's ten years old and he wants this game I told him I'd by it for him.  He's getting a lot of things for Christmas and I want to make sure he knows Grandma bought it for him.  It ain't gonna be from Santa Clause, it's gotta be from Grandma.  Kids to old to believe in Santa Clause anyway.  I told my kids about Santa when they were six, because they needed to grow up.  Nowadays parents think they're kids need to stay children forever and that's how they  . . .

TEEN: Well, I -

GRANDMA:  . . . get hooked on all the drugs and get pregnant at thirteen.  Plus they watch everybody having sex with eachother on TV and then they know exactly what to do, and the schools are teaching them how to do it as well.  They know how to make babies by eleven years old!  No wonder all these kids are walking around stoned and pregnant.

TEEN: I see.  Well, it looks like Conker is sold out right now.

GRANDMA: CHECK IN THE BACK.

TEEN: Ma'am, everything is already   . . .

GRANDMA: I WANNA TALK TO YOUR MANAGER.

TEEN: I'm the only one here at

GRANDMA: CHECK IN THE BACK OR I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.

TEEN: Well, we don't have the game, so you'll have to try Target or Walmart nearby.  Or I could check another location for you.

GRANDMA: WHAT YOU DON'T WANT MY BUSINESS I WANNA TALK TO YOUR MANAGER I NEED THIS GAME FOR MY GRANDSON.

[darkness falls over the Teen's face.  His facade begins to crack.  This old woman isn't going to leave him, and he's going to spend the remainder of his holiday being accosted.  Then, an idea. A dark, hideous smile crawls across his face. He walks behind the counter and begins looking around.]

TEEN: Oh, wait!  Here's a copy of Conker: Live and Reloaded.  I don't know why it wasn't on the shelf.  It's rated M.  Do you want the game?

GRANDMA: YES I WANT THE GAME.  I told you to look in the back you should've done it in the first place.

These two scenes, so familiar they could be taken from a page in our own history, represent the beginning of a class action lawsuit against Microsoft that forces the company to recall the game and apoloigize to consumers.  Conker is buried forever; the brand will never again see the light of day.  The success of the suit also alarms Sony and Nintendo, and the companies deciode the best way to protect themselves is pare down their production of M rated games, and sell them only online, where they can only be purchased after an extensive screeing process.  This upsets the premier of China, and there is a nuclear war why not?  Until next time, we'll be here in

THE RETAIL ZONE

Thirdkoopa

Just to be fair Xbox and Gamecube games are starting to sell out of gamestop completely. PS2 is fading away; slowly but it's happening

Anyways now then instead of just talking about Conker we should remember that he's a character that fits anywhere. Discussing the sequel mentioned in an article; Here you go

I'll paste the important parts:
QuoteWe asked Chris Seavor what ever happened with Other Bad Day and why the hell is that we are not playing that game if everybody seems to want it. He answered that not only did they start working on a sequel with that title, they also had a full storyline ready to be depicted on the screen and many new movie references in mind: “We actually started on a direct sequel which was going to be called ‘Conker’s Other Bad Day‘ which dealt with Conker’s somewhat unsuccessful tenure as King. He spends all the treasury money on beer, parties and hookers. Thrown into prison, Conker is faced with the prospect of execution and the game starts with his escape, ball and chain attached, from the Castles highest tower.”

Oh man.

If only you knew what other stuff he told us but we can’t type here or tell anybody, anyhow. Let’s say that, any of you who were worried about a disappointing sequel would have poop your pants.

QuoteThen why the intercourse  is this game not in the works or already spinning inside our consoles? Seavor was crystal clear. “If Microsoft asked for another Conker I’d be more than happy to oblige, all things considered.” Wait, what?! Now does that mean that they are not asking for it?

There. Sounds pretty mindblowing to me.

Macawmoses

Bored, you seem to have had a blast writing that.

Zero

I can't believe I actually read that. Usually I just tl:dr.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: mackormoses on March 11, 2010, 04:12:16 PM
Bored, you seem to have had a blast writing that.
Yeah. That was awesome to read.

Now then, any discussion on the actual idea straight from them posted? I'm interested to see what you guys would think now that I have something instead of retooling conker as a character. You know, something that wouldn't potentially turn into problems.

Doodle

I remember seeing this.
It's disappointing that M$ doesn't want another Conker.

Also, Conker being re-tooled for kids would just ruin him for me. The more kid-friendly games (excluding DKR) weren't that great for me.
YEAH

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Doodle on March 16, 2010, 03:31:01 AM
I remember seeing this.
It's disappointing that M$ doesn't want another Conker.

Also, Conker being re-tooled for kids would just ruin him for me. The more kid-friendly games (excluding DKR) weren't that great for me.
There's actually only one kid-friendly conker.

But yes; I'd love to see these ideas far more being put into action. Just being on the highest tower with ball and chain already peaks my curiosity - What If he escapes? Where would he go from there? Would the entire thing take place in there?