Main Menu

Sony Takes a Page from Sly Cooper

Started by Macawmoses, March 09, 2010, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Theft.

It seems Sony is trying to position itself as Nintendo with horsepower. This is obviously a very concerning thing for Nintendo...as horses help, and Sony's first parties (what few they have) don't really do all that much damage. Sony could have the system designed for third parties (M$ has stronger first parties like Halo and Banjo).

Do you think Sony will succeed? Or do you think Nintendo's name, coupled with some ingenuity, will keep it on top?

Thirdkoopa

you got me excited for a sly cooper 4 : (

But really at best all I think this will do is put it on top more as a third-party console. Unless they do some huge changes to there marketing and a game that's very topical to it for newer players then I doubt it'll do much.

Also nunchuck device? Anyone mind explaining how the hell that's going to work with that controller?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Macawmoses

Thirdkoopa

And to think I actually thought it'd use the current PS3 controller

At least as a rip-off It's a superior rip-off and not a poopty rip-off; not that I mind that it's a rip-off in the first place.

...Asides from the fact that judging by the Wii I have a feeling this will equally/almost disappoint as much.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

I'm not sure that many PS3 owners are going to be interested in this. The SIXAXIS failed, and Nintendo's motion control gimmick has started to slow down in terms of momentum.

Sony might be a bit too late.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Zero on March 11, 2010, 04:28:26 AM
I'm not sure that many PS3 owners are going to be interested in this. The SIXAXIS failed, and Nintendo's motion control gimmick has started to slow down in terms of momentum.

Sony might be a bit too late.
They need a groundbreaking first party push to get it going, in my opinion. And I can't think of any brand they have that could do it.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 12:23:16 AM
They need a groundbreaking first party push to get it going, in my opinion. And I can't think of any brand they have that could do it.
Ape Escape? By far not the most popular but it's one I could see working with it a huge success. To bad Ape Escape 4 is already coming out soon/eventually to it may not utilize with it. Sly Cooper has some potential to work if they put the effort into it. Not as in the ways of the other but to me it looks like it can have more.

Lohn Jocke

I remember the sole reason everyone in IRC (during E309) wanted the PlayStation Move was because they had a sword fighting mini game that wasn't total poop.

Until that game comes out, I'm not buying it.