News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Progress Thread

Started by Macawmoses, March 14, 2010, 08:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Quote from: Phaze on March 28, 2010, 07:57:28 PM
I thought I was the only one who color coordinated the balls with the Pokemon :P

I prefer to only use Pokeballs if possible.  I never thought to color coordinate though.  Now that I think of it, Mewtwo and Masterball would look kind of cool.

Zero

I color coordinate usually.

My Arcanine is in a Fast Ball and my Kingdra is in a Quick Ball. They go good together.

At the moment I just got to Victory Road, but darn didn't they switch the battle music back to the 1st gen battle music in the original games when in Kanto?

ThePowerOfOne

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-

Clair was a pain in the ASS. No matter how powerful the move, they hardly made a dent in her Pokemon. Even my Lv. 40 Ice Fang Gyarados wasn't much help, and SolarBeam from Typhlosion (With Sunny Day and Choice Specs) didn't do jack. I think the battle lasted over an hour, with about 20 Hyper Potions used >_>

Whatever... She's beaten. Anyone know a good place to train my Pokemon who are all a little above Lv. 40? I need Growlithe at Lv. 48, and Gyarados at Lv. 44 before the E4.

Zero

Go fight the Kimono Girls back at Eckrutek and capture Ho-Oh or Lugia depending on your version. After that just go to Victory Road and train there. There are plenty of trainers along the way to Victory Road anyways.

Clair's a intercourse ing vagina

えっちーせんぱい

I traded over Ampharos and Lanturn to Pearl for some E4 Grinding, both are Level 55, and I sent over a Flygon at Level 70.

I then realized that the highest level is only 50 :|

Lotos

I beat Gyarados and Dratini.  Dragonair is a pain in the ass.  I decided to grind Totodile up to level 40, but I don't think that will be enough.  I'll grind him up to level 45 and Ampharos to level 40.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Lotos on March 29, 2010, 11:37:43 AM
I beat Gyarados and Dratini.  Dragonair is a pain in the ass.  I decided to grind Totodile up to level 40, but I don't think that will be enough.  I'll grind him up to level 45 and Ampharos to level 40.
Dragonair was the easy part for me, that's the only time Ice Fang came in handy. It was the Gyarados and Kingdra that intercourse ed me over.

Lotos

Quote from: Phaze on March 29, 2010, 02:21:06 PM
Dragonair was the easy part for me, that's the only time Ice Fang came in handy. It was the Gyarados and Kingdra that intercourse ed me over.

Ampharos with Discharge kills Gyarados in one hit.  Dratini gets killed in one hit with Ice Fang.  Dragonair is a pain for me.

Also, catching Entei and Raikou.  Does anyone have any tips?  I got them down in the red and paralyzed, but that doesn't seem to be enough, even with Ultra Balls and Fast Balls.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Lotos on March 29, 2010, 06:48:26 PM
Ampharos with Discharge kills Gyarados in one hit.  Dratini gets killed in one hit with Ice Fang.  Dragonair is a pain for me.

Also, catching Entei and Raikou.  Does anyone have any tips?  I got them down in the red and paralyzed, but that doesn't seem to be enough, even with Ultra Balls and Fast Balls.
Use a Pokemon with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap. Or, have a Pokemon use Block or Mean Look. Sleep also works.

Lotos

Caught Raikou with a Fast Ball.  I doubt Sleep Powder will work on Entei because its Fire type.

Lotos

...And just caught Entei with a Fast Ball. ^^  I was going to stay up all night trying to catch them anyway.

Zero

Quote from: Lotos on March 29, 2010, 07:22:34 PM
Caught Raikou with a Fast Ball.  I doubt Sleep Powder will work on Entei because its Fire type.

Sleep Powder works the same way on the Fire Types as it does on any other type.

Lotos

Quote from: Zero on March 29, 2010, 07:35:56 PM
Sleep Powder works the same way on the Fire Types as it does on any other type.

I thought they would evade the attack like fire types sometimes do to Razor Leaf.

I beat Clair.  Now I'm in the Dragon's Den.
Now going to fight the Kimono Girls.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Lotos on March 29, 2010, 08:24:31 PM
I thought they would evade the attack like fire types sometimes do to Razor Leaf.

I beat Clair.  Now I'm in the Dragon's Den.
Now going to fight the Kimono Girls.
I just beat the Kimono Girls :3

On my way to get Ho-Oh, whee.
Gyarados: Lv. 41, Typhlosion: Still Lv. 40, Arcanine: Lv. 48. After Ho-Oh i'm going to train a bit before I tackle Victory Road, I haven't had a chance to train Dratini yet. Also, anyone know a Pokemon that can learn Fly, Cut, AND Flash?

Zero

I'm fighting Lance at the moment

All of my pokemon are 38-40 with the exception of Typhlosion who's 44. I'm just...completely poopting on them.