News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Newish FMA anime

Started by So_So_Man, March 25, 2010, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_So_Man

Today I learned that they are making a new Fullmetal Alchemist anime, and it is supposedly more based on the manga than the last one.

Magnum

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 25, 2010, 05:56:11 PM
Today I learned that they are making a new Fullmetal Alchemist anime, and it is supposedly more based on the anime than the last one.
Its been out for a while. It's on Funimations Youtube if you want to watch it

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

I've heard good things but I haven't started watching it yet.
...̅̅̅

Zero

It's been on Adult Swim for 2 months or so.

It isn't bad, but for some reason I prefer the original anime. While it wasn't necessarily identical to the manga, all it did was change a few things and extend some of the fights. So far in Brotherhood, all of the fights have lasted about a 6th of the fights from the original anime.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on March 25, 2010, 06:41:31 PM
It's been on Adult Swim for 2 months or so.

It isn't bad, but for some reason I prefer the original anime. While it wasn't necessarily identical to the manga, all it did was change a few things and extend some of the fights. So far in Brotherhood, all of the fights have lasted about a 6th of the fights from the original anime.
Because the first 10-12 episodes are literally the exact same as they were in the original series, so they didn't feel the need to extend it since the previous series was made only a few years ago.

And yes, it is following the manga this time. Once they get to Greed things will shift dramatically and it'll slow down.

@ OP:And it's been out for almost a year now I don't know how you've missed it X_X:;

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on March 25, 2010, 06:57:22 PM
Because the first 10-12 episodes are literally the exact same as they were in the original series, so they didn't feel the need to extend it since the previous series was made only a few years ago.

Serious? What about that one town in the beginning with the girl that dresses as a boy and a girl that looks like lust(or lust, whatever) being there as a ghost or some poop. I missed 2 episodes or so of Brotherhood so I might have missed that, but I haven't seen it yet and I could have sworn it was one of the first ten episodes.

EDIT: I haven't seen the original episodes since they first aired back in like 05-06

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on March 25, 2010, 07:05:58 PM
Serious? What about that one town in the beginning with the girl that dresses as a boy and a girl that looks like lust(or lust, whatever) being there as a ghost or some poop. I missed 2 episodes or so of Brotherhood so I might have missed that, but I haven't seen it yet and I could have sworn it was one of the first ten episodes.

EDIT: I haven't seen the original episodes since they first aired back in like 05-06
You mean Majahal? That was filler, not in the manga so it isn't covered in the second series.
Basically the stuff that goes by quickly:
Lior
Shou Tucker
Scar Shows up
Ed gets Automail fixed
Goes sees Izumi
Greed Shows up

After that it changes rather dramatically.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Nayrman on March 25, 2010, 06:57:22 PM
@ OP:And it's been out for almost a year now I don't know how you've missed it X_X:;
I live in Canada and don't have access to many channels, or watch much TV. 

MoS

It's on hulu, subbed. Episode 47 just came out on Hulu today, about to go watch it. I loved the original show, but Brotherhood just blows it out of the water.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Masterofsword on March 26, 2010, 04:44:01 AM
It's on hulu, subbed. Episode 47 just came out on Hulu today, about to go watch it. I loved the original show, but Brotherhood just blows it out of the water.
47 episodes? fffffffffff that will take a long time to get caught up on

Nayrman

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 26, 2010, 02:13:58 PM
47 episodes? fffffffffff that will take a long time to get caught up on

Just find the episode Greed shows up in and start there. Before that it's exactly the same as the first one.

bluaki

Quote from: Masterofsword on March 26, 2010, 04:44:01 AM
That's a little bit behind what I've been watching.

Ever since the first episode, I've kept up with the subs released by a group called Eclipse. The 49th episode is available now with new ones being uploaded about every Monday (sometimes a day early or late). hyperlink whee (also requires torrent)

Though the first anime ended after 52 episodes, this one looks like it'll end closer to 65 or so. This is my favorite anime <3

Nayrman

The subs are always faster.
Yes, their usual schedule is late Sunday/Early Monday.

Based on the rate they're going, I'd say more around 70 would be my guess. We still have to wait for the manga to finish, which should be only a few more chapters now.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 25, 2010, 05:56:11 PM
Today I learned that they are making a new Fullmetal Alchemist anime, and it is supposedly more based on the anime than the last one.

Lol you're late on this one. I've been watching the FMA:B subs for some months now. And it's based more on the manga, not the anime. XD But yeah, I would enjoy going through it again and watching the dub because the voices are good, and storyline is better than the first FMA series.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

So_So_Man