Main Menu

In Ocarina of Time, which do you do first?

Started by shadowmarioguy, March 27, 2010, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which temple do YOU beat first?

Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
Get the Hover Boots, then Spirit Temple
Get Silver Gauntlets/Mirror Shield, then Shadow Temple

shadowmarioguy

On the status screen, the Nocturne of Shadow comes after the Requiem of Spirit, and the Shadow Medallion comes after the Spirit Medallion.  At the same time, the Spirit Temple can only be reached with the Lens of Truth (which is technically a part of the Shadow Temple chapter).  I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times, but I wanted to know... Which do you do first?  I've always done the Shadow Temple first, and then the Spirit Temple.

I've actually talked to some people who go to the Shadow Temple and get the Hover Boots.  Then they leave, beat the Spirit Temple, come back, and beat the rest of the Shadow Temple.  What do you do?

Custom

I beat the Shadow Temple first. It scared the poop out of me though.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Fff, why can't I remember which one has Bongo Bongo? That's Shadow, right?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on March 27, 2010, 12:00:21 PM
I beat the Shadow Temple first. It scared the poop out of me though.
Normal order for me.

And if you're talking about those white zombies with red claws, then I'm right with you. It's like Zelda was trying to merge with Resident Evil for a moment.

SkyMyl

I've always done Shadow Temple first, except for my first (failed) Master Quest run, where I got the Hover Boots and went to the Spirit Temple.

Quote from: Rosencrantz on March 27, 2010, 12:03:05 PM
Fff, why can't I remember which one has Bongo Bongo? That's Shadow, right?
Yeah, that's Shadow.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Hmm, i've done what just about everyone here has said, the Shadow Temple 1st.
Actually, there was a time when I got to the Dodongo Caverns and got stuck wondering what I had to do next (needed to put bombs in the dodongo skull).  I skipped it and went to Lord Jabu Jabu's belly apparently and got to the point where I had to fight the Big Octo.
Easily could've gotten the sapphire before the ruby apparently, and it probably is true to the other objects you need to complete the game.

shadowmarioguy

The Shadow Temple has always kinda creeped me out.  The first time I played through it, I kept thinking about how horrifying and scary the boss would be.  When it turned out to be an invisible monster playing bongos, appropriately named "Bongo Bongo", I laughed pretty hard.

MoS

Quote from: shadowmarioguy on March 27, 2010, 10:09:53 AM
the Spirit Temple can only be reached with the Lens of Truth

Incorrect. You can memorize the path in the desert and get to the spirit temple without the aid of the ghost. It makes Bongo-Bongo a real pain, but it can be done, mandatory for real speed runs.

shadowmarioguy

Quote from: Masterofsword on March 27, 2010, 06:31:51 PM
Incorrect. You can memorize the path in the desert and get to the spirit temple without the aid of the ghost. It makes Bongo-Bongo a real pain, but it can be done, mandatory for real speed runs.
True, but who wants to do that?  :P

Titus Andronicus

shadow temple was totally meant for beforehand
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Triforceman22

Shadow temple first.

but the first time aI played Majora's mask, I beat Great bay temple before beating Snowhead temple.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Neerb

I didn't even know I could play Spirit Temple before Shadow Temple.

shadowmarioguy

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 28, 2010, 01:37:40 PM
Shadow temple first.

but the first time aI played Majora's mask, I beat Great bay temple before beating Snowhead temple.
That's pretty interesting.  I've never actually thought about that, but I suppose it's possible. 

Wait, I thought you needed to beat Snowhead Temple to pass the powder keg test to blow up the boulder on Romani Ranch to get Epona to get over the fence leading to the Great Bay.  There's probably just another way to do it that I'm not remembering right now.   :P

Neerb

Quote from: shadowmarioguy on March 30, 2010, 12:12:20 PM
That's pretty interesting.  I've never actually thought about that, but I suppose it's possible. 

Wait, I thought you needed to beat Snowhead Temple to pass the powder keg test to blow up the boulder on Romani Ranch to get Epona to get over the fence leading to the Great Bay.  There's probably just another way to do it that I'm not remembering right now.   :P

You need the Goron Mask to use the powder kegs, but I don't believe going through the temple itself is required...

shadowmarioguy

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 30, 2010, 12:26:57 PM
You need the Goron Mask to use the powder kegs, but I don't believe going through the temple itself is required...
I just thought that the powder kegs didn't become available until after the snow in Snowhead melted, which of course would be after you completed the Snowhead Temple.  I could very well be wrong though.