Main Menu

My First Video Game

Started by Magnum, March 28, 2010, 10:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Ah yes. I remember the day my sister came home with our first system. The Super Nintendo. And in her hand, Super Mario World. We played that thing non-stop. Her Mario, me Luigi. It was a very fun time, and the reason I like Luigi.

So tell me, what was your first Video Game? Do you have a story that goes with it in which case you traverse the fires of Mordor in order to burn the seal tying in the evil of Asgard to... oh screw it, just something regular.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

SkyMyl

I think the first game I played was Link to the Past, Super Mario World, or Mario Kart 64. With LttP, I had trouble getting though the dungeons most of the time, so I had to cry out for my mom to help me out with it. In Super Mario World, I was apparently a kickass Mario player even at the age of 4.

In Mario Kart 64, which I think was my first game, it was my birthday (fourth?), and aside from wearing a Buzz Lightyear outfit (<3 Toy Story), I had some cake, food, presents, you know, all that good stuff. My brother was in my sister's room (Now my room) playing Mario Kart 64 in the dark. I walked up to him and started watching him play. I stared at the TV screen, looking at him as Bowser, racing against all these other people in the snow course. I mean, HOLY GOD, LOOK AT WHAT'S GOING ON! WHAT IS THIS? After gesturing for the controller, he sits me on his lap and gives me the controller. Once he handed it to me, I started playing as someone on Banshee Boardwalk. Yeah, I sucked. But I had a great time playing it.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure Mario Kart 64 was my first game ever.

Custom

The first memories I have are of my dad playing Altered Beasts on his Sega Genesis after my mom brought me home from the hospital. I eventually started playing it at a very young age and then progressed from there. I would credit Virtual-On as the second game I've ever played.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

BOREDFOREVER

Super Mario Bros & Duckhunt for the NES.  I also remember playing a Three Stooges game pretty young.

Mystic

Turok

Street Fighter II in the pizza place by my parents apartment, I was 4 & was standing on a stool playing Street Fighter, haha. Still my favorite game.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Gwen Khan

The first video game I played was something on the Commodore 64, I don't remember what.
The first system I got was a SNES from my uncle on Christmas to me and my sister, it had Super Mario World and a mail in voucher for Super Mario All-Stars, I remember two of us laughing at the Banzai Bills in the first level of Super Mario World

jnfs2014

Pokemon Yellow on the Game Boy Color.

...So what? I'm young. :|

weirdAbacist

It's hard for me to pin down which game I played first, but I believe I started on the original Gameboy, and I would guess my first was either Kirby's Dream Land 2 or Super Mario Land.

Or was the SNES released before the Gameboy? My first may have been Super Mario World in that case.

I also remember playing King's Quest, Secret of Monkey's Island, and Loom on PC with my older sister, but I think that was later in the timeline.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Ah, I have no trouble remembering the very 1st game i've ever played; Donkey Kong Country. It's has it's own place in my heart that shall never go away. It's also the 1st game I've ever beaten, and that must've been when I was 6ish or somewhere along that!
Oh, and another interesting thing. When my dad was in the army, the main thing that he said he did was play Donkey Kong Country, interesting isn't it?

Chris8492

My first game i ever played was Super Mario World for the SNES. That pretty much got me into games since i was 5 years old. I remember my older brother and I were trying to beat high scores on it a long time ago. That i will never forget.

Zero

The first game I remember playing is Mega Man X, but my brother says that when I was 1-2 I was playing his NES all the time not really knowing what I was doing. Apparently I really liked Mega Man, Kung Fu, and Super Mario Bros.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: DuskScorpioNxhoj on April 04, 2010, 10:23:42 PM
Ah, I have no trouble remembering the very 1st game i've ever played; Donkey Kong Country. It's has it's own place in my heart that shall never go away. It's also the 1st game I've ever beaten, and that must've been when I was 6ish or somewhere along that!
Oh, and another interesting thing. When my dad was in the army, the main thing that he said he did was play Donkey Kong Country, interesting isn't it?

I remember the first time I saw Donkey Kong Country.  A friend of mine got it.  I had played the SNES before, but only Super Mario World.  That game was the most beautiful game I had ever seen.  It was the future.

Dog Food

The first game I remember playing is Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. That's why I love Sonic so much. He's intercourse ing amazing.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

SkyMyl

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on April 06, 2010, 07:17:26 PM
I remember the first time I saw Donkey Kong Country.  A friend of mine got it.  I had played the SNES before, but only Super Mario World.  That game was the most beautiful game I had ever seen.  It was the future.