Main Menu

Hibaguba Vs. Nintendo?

Started by JrDude, April 22, 2010, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

(Hibugaba is just a jumble of random syllables representing Marvel/Capcom/whatever)
This board because I was thinking, do you think Nintendo should/would ever join this fighting craze? It seems like a bunch of companies are going against each other, then going against each other again in sequels. Do you think Nintendo should too? or do you think Nintendo should stick with SSB being all/mainly Nintendo?
Do you think any other company should join in maybe?

Though of course, if Nintendo did one, it would only be on the Wii/latest Nintendo console and no other system.

EX: Capcom Vs. Nintendo
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Capcom vs Nintendo would be great, but I don't think Nintendo should do anything beyond Smash Bros. As MK vs DCU showed us, the vs games should be left to Capcom. But Capcom vs Nintendo would be great! I'd be happy with Mega Man in Smash Bros 4.

Zero

Honestly, I wouldn't like this, and Nintendo would never do it. The only fighting game franchise they have is the Smash Bros series, which quite frankly is more of a party game than a fighting game. It's violence is relatively cartoony and is suitable for kids.

I'd be fine with Mega Man, Bomberman, or Viewtiful Joe or someone in a Smash game instead of a crossover fighter.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on April 22, 2010, 05:14:57 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't like this, and Nintendo would never do it. The only fighting game franchise they have is the Smash Bros series, which quite frankly is more of a party game than a fighting game. It's violence is relatively cartoony and is suitable for kids.

I'd be fine with Mega Man, Bomberman, or Viewtiful Joe or someone in a Smash game instead of a crossover fighter.
What he said. There's nothing in me in particular to want this.

Well actually come to think of it the idea of Sony vs MS vs Nintendo vs Sega rings somewhat nicely in my head.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

I wanna see each company work suck it up and work together on a cross-platform fighting/racing game that includes their best characters. Build the game graphically equal, balance the characters best you can, and have'em brawl.

The only reason it'll never happen is the companies won't allow their characters to potentially be thought of as worse than the others, should they lose fights.

Macawmoses

I'd actually love a Vs. with Nintendo. Link fit Soul Calibur so well. I think you'd have issues getting a cast together from Nintendo that is all encompassing, but doesn't risk bastardizing its series (Mario, Pokemon, etc), but I can imagine Fox, Wolf, Falco, etc. fitting in well. Samus, Ridley, Weavel, etc. Link, of course, based on the aforementioned fact. Saki would fit in nicely in this position, actually. But you'd really have trouble making a full fledged, worthwhile roster while still keeping it marketable. Link would absolutely have to sell it, with Fox and Samus being right there to help. You are no longer relying on Pikachu and Mario to sell.

Cornwad

They could fit pokemon trainer in, who could use Pikachu as a special move. And Mario could be in, he's no shorter than Roll.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Cornwad on May 01, 2010, 07:10:11 PM
They could fit pokemon trainer in, who could use Pikachu as a special move. And Mario could be in, he's no shorter than Roll.
Again, the issue lies in presenting them in a way that won't damage their series. I just can't imagine Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, etc. getting repped.

JrDude

Quote from: Sherlock on May 01, 2010, 07:17:06 PM
Again, the issue lies in presenting them in a way that won't damage their series. I just can't imagine Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, etc. getting repped.
Like already said, ROLL got in one of those games and it damaged nothing, I doubt adding Mario would be any different, Pikachu maybe, Kirby not so sure.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 01, 2010, 09:44:56 PM
Like already said, ROLL got in one of those games and it damaged nothing, I doubt adding Mario would be any different, Pikachu maybe, Kirby not so sure.
Except, what damage could Mega Man face? It already was flogged to death by its poopty spinoffs. And at least MM fits in with the overall model - it's easier to take an 8bit envisioning and give it characteristics that fit - Mario is an icon, as are the famous Pokemon.

Cornwad

If they made Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, they would put Mario in this. Capcom makes great stuff.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on May 01, 2010, 10:22:21 PM
If they made Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, they would put Mario in this. Capcom makes great stuff.
This is my response to Mack's post. Just pretend I typed it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

And again, that's in a realm Mario is familiar with. NO DAMAGE TO HIM OR THE BRAND. A fighting game with Capcom is a whole new thing.

The Riddler

I don't see how much damage it could face, they did put Link in SC2 and it didn't hurt his rep.
The only way I could see it being an issue is if it was Nintendo vs. 1st Party Company. Nintendo won't put themselves against Sony, but I feel like it wouldn't be a problem being vs. Capcom as long as enough characters are represented.

Rayquarian

I want to play Capcom Vs. Nintendo.  Why doesn't it exist?