Main Menu

Other M and Sin and Punishment delayed

Started by Nayrman, April 25, 2010, 09:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

How is there no topic on this yet!?

Anyway, Sin and Punishment got delayed to June 23rd I believe, three weeks late
Meanwhile, Metroid Other M got pushed from June 23rd to August 31st. A full two months AFTER classes start for me. THANKS A LOT NINTENDO.

Which of course leads me to ask this question as per usual, Why bother giving release dates when Nintendo is just going to delay it? Seriously? @_@;;

Cornwad

I wonder if this means no Zelda Wii this year. At least Galaxy 2 seems to be ready to go when it's supposed to.

SkyMyl

Oh hey, this gives me more time to not send my Wii in.
Except Monster Hunter Tri is out and Mario Galaxy 2 is out next month...

DededeCloneChris

Oh, this is good news to me, actually. One of the possibilities of these delays would be that they either found something so problematic as a hidrance or they wanted to add something more to the gameplay...

...Or voice actors are being stingy and they need to be persuaded to voice the characters.

Nayrman

Quote from: Eggplant Wizard on April 25, 2010, 10:00:58 AM
I wonder if this means no Zelda Wii this year. At least Galaxy 2 seems to be ready to go when it's supposed to.
No Zelda game has ever launched on time, so THAT was going to be delayed anyway.

Gwen Khan

meh, I have other things going on other then video games

JrDude

Would you rather the game get delayed or come out in time as a poopty game?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 25, 2010, 10:10:50 PM
1. Nintendo does make poopty games even when they're delayed.
2. I would prefer they don't give a date at all until they're a million percent sure it'll come out WHEN THEY SAY IT IS. Kojima when Peace Walker got delayed said that delaying the game is equivalent to lying to your fanbase, and you should only do it if it's 100% necessary, and you shouldn't have given a date in the first place if there was risk of it not coming out on time. SEE, SOMEONE GETS IT.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 25, 2010, 10:10:50 PM
He is just mad because he won't buy it for all the summer to play with it. ;)

Gwen Khan

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 26, 2010, 06:09:14 AM

From the context it is clear what you mean.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 26, 2010, 06:09:14 AM

Yes, because having a mostly free summer to play an anticipated game, then having it delayed AFTER fall classes start mean I won't be able to play it all that much. OF COURSE I'D BE PISSED.

MoS

Nintendo has very high quality standards for it's mainstay series like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, It's what I expect from them at this point, if they delay something it was probably for a good reason. I agree they shouldn't put out release dates unless they can meet them, but I'd rather they take the time to polish it up and release it at 110% instead of rushing to meet a release date and ending up with a sub-par game that could have been better if they just spent a little extra time.

Cornwad

I wonder why Sin and Punishment was delayed. It wasn't exactly a huge game, you wouldn't think Nintendo would create a rushed release date for it in the first place.

Zero

This gives me more time to play other games, and that's about it really.

Thirdkoopa

Don't really mind asides from the inconsistency. I wasn't going to buy either of the two on release date anyways. Well maybe S&P2.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"