Main Menu

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by Cornwad, May 01, 2010, 10:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

I was shocked to find that a new Call of Duty was announced and nobody made a topic for it yet.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-call-of/64933

It looks like we have exploding limbs, secret government conspiracies, and commies from all over the world to kill this time around. I know I'm excited.

Turok

Beat me to it :P I had the trailer link ready & everything. I think it looks awesome, regardless of the IW/Activision thing, I'll keep buying CoD games until they suck.

I've been waiting for a Vietnam Call of Duty for a while, this looks like it will have the jungle-esque levels from WaW, & the gunplay of MW/2. That is potentially a winning combination for me.

[spoiler]In an unrelated note, I played MW2 online at a friends house....... you can't do anything except kill each other Revolutionary War style without getting called a noob or someone saying "That was cheap"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Cornwad

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Tac Knifing or noob toobing is cheap, but in my experience it's much easier to just shoot someone in the face than aim a grenade launcher or knife someone.

Turok

Quote from: Cornwad on May 01, 2010, 11:34:08 AM
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Tac Knifing or noob toobing is cheap, but in my experience it's much easier to just shoot someone in the face than aim a grenade launcher or knife someone.
[spoiler]From what I've seen, most people who get killed by a undermounted 'nade launcher or with melee (knife) aren't paying attention like they should. Or they stick to one class & expect that to get everything done. *facepalm*

There are ways to counter everything, I don't complain about grenade launchers, campers with shotguns, or getting knifed in the back by a Solid Snake wannabe. I just think to myself that I need to watch out for that from now on, adapt. But whatever.[/spoiler]

On topic of this new game, it's Treyarch, so you just know that the difficulty will get ridiculous. To me all IW games are too easy (original CoD aside) & the ones made by other devs are just awful. (In the awesome, sense of accomplishment way though)

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Cornwad

I wonder if it will come to Wii. Treyarch games normally do right?

Turok

Quote from: Cornwad on May 01, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
I wonder if it will come to Wii. Treyarch games normally do right?
Um.... yeah, CoD3 & WaW both came to Wii, so I would guess so.

What I want on the Wii? Splitscreen

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

The Riddler

Black Ops?

Eh, I feel like this will be tacky.

Macawmoses

I'm hoping they don't confine themselves to one region/event like Vietnam. With a name like Black Ops, I'd like to see a more robust, Cold War experience.

Cornwad

Well, you can see some snowy areas in the trailer. I assume that means we'll be visiting Russia at some point.

Magnum

I would like if they went into a Cold War direction. It could be against Russia in secret missions, but also against China, Korea, Vietnam, ect...

Overall though, I don't care.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Cornwad

Gametrailers also has one of those Pop-Up Block videos for the trailer. They think that Cuba will make it in there at some point.

Zero

Treyarch CoD's are dreadful, so I'll be passing this on this one.

Triforceman22

It's definatley not just vietnam.
You can see a Steyr AUG in the trailer.
which was made after the Vietnam war.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!