News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

New starters for B/W

Started by Cornwad, May 08, 2010, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

The water-type starter here looks terrible. It's like they beheaded a Snowman and glued that head to a potentially-decent otter Pokemon's body. Who knows, maybe it's just the pose, but that's how I feel about the only decent picture available of it. this picture that TK posted makes it look so much better because its head issue is changed to look more natural.

The grass-type one looks fine to me. The fire one looks a little ugly in its first form, but it could have potential when evolved; it's like a mix of a pig and rabbit that I feel would be better off being more rabbit-like (though Buneary already exists as a rabbit pokemon). Regardless of design, unless they actually change the balance between the three types significantly in this game's story, I'll stick with the fire one.

The Riddler

Quote from: bluaki on May 13, 2010, 04:58:13 PM

How did I miss this? This makes them all look so much better, but the pig, as cute as it is, looks more like a Neopet/Disney hybrid.

Neerb

I personally don't care about any "traditions" (the only one that really even exists being that all Grass starters are reptilian; dino-dino-gecko-snake), but I am definitely in for new things. In fact, when it comes to pokemon, repeating the past is often just that: repetition. I swear, if this pig turns out to evolve into ANOTHER Fire/Fighting, I might have to break my game cartridge in half...

Zero

Those trends don't matter to me, I don't see why they'd matter to anyone at all to begin with.

The grass type is alright
The fire type is definitely growing on me
and the otter looks intercourse ing retarded. I like the shell on his torso though, nice touch.

DededeCloneChris

I'll pick the otter.

...This is embarrassing, but I don't know how an actual otter looks like.

X-3

You're not missing much. They have short stumpy legs and great long noses. D:

The Riddler

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on May 13, 2010, 07:20:10 PM
I'll pick the otter.

...This is embarrassing, but I don't know how an actual otter looks like.
Otters are so intercourse ing adorable. They swim on their backs and use shells to keep themselves clean. :3

DededeCloneChris

I was hoping somebody here would post a picture of an otter, but nobody did.

Um...I don't see any similarities...

Zero

They also eat on their stomachs.

Cornwad

Nayrman

http://kotaku.com/5538319/pokemons-smugleaf-a-meme-in-the-making/gallery/#

And thus, the memes begin. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks the grass one looks like Excalibur from Soul Eater. HIS LEGEND BEGINS IN THE 5th GENERATION!

Cornwad

I like the one with the mustache.

Mystic

Smugleaf is the poop, I want it NOW.

Also, the picture bluaki posted is awesome. Makes me love the starters now.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Mystic on May 13, 2010, 09:00:40 PM
Also, the picture bluaki posted is awesome. Makes me love the starters now.
Just as a note, I posted that picture. Bluaki just posted it again to get more notice which was much needed. Thanks Blu!

It's proof that just because the starting pose looks bad doesn't mean the pokemon itself isn't all that bad. Did exactly what I wanted.

and poop meme's. I'm sure wotter will be able to potentially make it's way into one too.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

えっちーせんぱい

And so it begins...

I'm still picking the fire type regardless, whether or not I use it after it's all said and done remains to be seen. They're slightly better than t he 4th gen starters at least.