News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

3 years have come and gone. Happy Birthday, NSFCD.

Started by Silverhawk79, September 20, 2010, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

It's my pleasure and honor to be the first to say this: "Happy Birthday NSFCD!" It's already been three whole years since we opened up NSF, and we've seen a lot of ups and downs. There was the early rivalry with NS2, the domain selling, staff pro/demotions like crazy, PY being corrupt, a rivalry with NS2, a forum merge, a failed forum merge, NFES, NFES no more, an Arcade, an Arcade no more, board restructuring, projects left right and center, and all sorts of crazy events.

Today, the NSFCD Staff wishes to say thank you to a few people. First of all, we want to thank all of our former staff members, whom helped develop this site. Whether it was Zoidberg for helping me set up the boards, Marluxia for being hilarious, or FH for keeping NSFCD in check, we thank all of our former staff for their service.

In particular, we want to thank Vaatixganon. Without him, NSFCD would have died a few times over. He merged his forum, FCD, in to NSF to help give it new life. He hosted us when we were down and out, and he has brought us back from the brink of disaster several times.

We wish to thank NSider2 for stealing all of our ideas, but also for being a force that kept us motivated to being unique...only to have it all taken a few weeks later. But such is the internet!

Most importantly, we want to thank each and every one of you for still being here, and being the reason we, the staff, are still here. Without you, NSFCD would not exist. As such, we've got a few presents for you over the course of the day...

1. Board Changes: the board changes will be taking effect today. Power On will have a poll to rename it, the Arts boards will be merged together (this should have been done sooner...), and video game discussion will be several compact compared to before. You will still see some Boards of the Month, though. Are you ready for the Blood Gulch?

2. Wiki Projects: With Tidal being live now, we're going to start creating templates for users. Anyone that wants a page for themselves should get on making one. Help us retell our history (we're particularly nostalgic at the moment), and more. We're going to list some projects on the main page, so check it out.

3. Arcade: Did you think we forgot the arcade? Well, we did. We're going to make up for the neglect by adding in a ton of games for you guys to be the best at. Oh, and Mack might fix some graphics if homework isn't weighing him down.

4. TRIVIA: Tomorrow night at 8PM CST, Mack and I are also going to host some NSFCD related trivia. Prizes perhaps? Perhaps. We'll see you in #nsider.

5. The NSFCD Network: Officially, we are pleased to announce the creation of an official network of sites. While Area 6 and NSFCD are currently the only members, along with Tidal Wiki, we anticipate 8th-circuit will join us, as will our affiliates. This network will be encompassed by a global footer at the bottom of the forum with links to our other sites, as well as handy links to things like a privacy policy (also new!), the arcade, and...

6. NFES: This isn't a joke. This is very much so real. NFES is back in black...and grey...and red. Every game available for you to play. Yeah, we were totally neglecting the arcade. Expect the two to be best friends, because NFES is currently only loosely integrated into the site. Still, having all of those great games (and a few not so great ones, right Bored?), should mean many hours here on NSFCD. We would like to thank Jamie Sanders in particular for helping us get NFES back up and running. It wouldn't have been possible without him.

http://www.nsfcd.com/nfes

These updates are going to be works in progress over the coming days. And, of course, we have some more surprises waiting around the corner. Things get haunted around this time of year...

Happy Birthday NSFCD,

-The Staff

Macawmoses

So three more years now? And, oh yes, NFES, how I missed you. I was also wondering when the art boards were gonna get merged. And lets hope the other stuff will bring in some more activity and life.

Congrats on three years.
...̅̅̅

StarWindWizard7

Every member from the past and present has played a vital role in the true development of this site.
Still, it's hard to believe that this site is still here. I owe it all thanks to you guys!
I have a place... a Home I can come to where I can post my opinions on things and what not and be at ease with it.

I'm sure I'm the eldest member that goes here, soon I'm sure I'll depart...Don't know when I'll get to Old to hang around here, but until then this will always be my Internet Home.

NSFCD, my baby is getting old. ^___^

BOREDFOREVER

Wooooooooooooo!

I joined NSF, left, missed the big dramas, and came back.  I'm one of the oldest here, but I'm going to stay until it starts to get creepy.  I guess when Star leaves I know my time will be comiong soon.

NFES is exciting stuff, and I know we have plans in store for it to make sure it gets some use.  Did you know you can save your games now?  Just save like you normally would, then hit F10 to get your save code.  Copy and paste that ninny into a note or word file.  Copy it in next time you play.

And three years from know, when we drive hover cars and play games with our minds, we'll still post about it here.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on September 21, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
Wooooooooooooo!

I joined NSF, left, missed the big dramas, and came back.  I'm one of the oldest here, but I'm going to stay until it starts to get creepy.  I guess when Star leaves I know my time will be comiong soon.

it's been three years already? and I think I might be a little older then you

Level_9_Chao

Read the first sentence as
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 20, 2010, 10:10:00 PM
It's my pleasure and horror to be the first to say this

But no really. I love NSFCD so much. Been a loyal member for over 4 years (back when there was no NS prefix).

VXG continues to be awesome, mysteriously. So does everything this crazy project has been through over the years. I'm not sure what keeps me coming back, but it does, and so I gladly shall. Thanks everyone. 8)
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

SkyMyl

Three years...we've really managed to survive for that long. I think that says something about us and our members. Even with the members we've lost, we're still alive, when one year ago we were wondering just how we were going to survive long enough to see a third year anniversary. With the NSFCD Network, I think we'll be just fine for a while.

I'm glad that this place is still here. I've actually learned a lot from NSF, even back when I was a (bigger) naive young boy. I don't think I'll be leaving you guys any time soon

Tsumaru

NFES?

I came back at the right time. 

I'm one of the oldest running members here, just not on this account.  Silver invited me as soon as it opened, which wasn't too long after Oldsider died.  I kind of drifted away for a year or so, then came back when I found the Nsiderforums.org TF2 server.  Now that the drama has subsided for the most part, I hope we can make another 3 years.

Lotos

I HAVE A REASON TO BUY THAT USB NES CONTROLLER!  THANK YOU MODS!

StarWindWizard7

So if I get the Cake and Ice cream for NSFCD, what is everybody else gonna bring to the party?

SkyMyl

I could bring the assorted beverages.

Also, someone get Kilroy to post. He's been lurking long enough.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on September 21, 2010, 01:41:44 PM
So if I get the Cake and Ice cream for NSFCD, what is everybody else gonna bring to the party?
My winning personality.
:)
:(

Shujinco2

The NFES is great. It works much better than it did before, and that's awesome.

But it's missing a few games: Namely Mother 1 and FF 2 and 3.

And I know these are japanese games, but there HAS to be a way to find english versions of these.