News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

I'm... actually starting to like anime.

Started by The Riddler, September 10, 2011, 10:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Persona 4's gotten a very good anime instead of that random Persona 3 anime we got.

Tahrann

For anyone that cares, check out Mirai Nikki (future diary), it is awesome.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Mona

Quote from: Tahrann on November 29, 2011, 02:56:24 PM
I couldn't get into Yu Yu Hakusho but that is only because there were no Subs after ep. 6 D:

That's no excuse, really. Yu Yu Hakusho is an amazing anime regardless of whether you watch it subtitled or dubbed. Especially since the English dub is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Tahrann

Quote from: Mona on November 29, 2011, 08:08:56 PM
That's no excuse, really. Yu Yu Hakusho is an amazing anime regardless of whether you watch it subtitled or dubbed. Especially since the English dub is excellent. I highly recommend it.

I might take you up on that, but I am always skeptical of dubs since they rarely have better voice actors than subs (Black Lagoon is an exception to that statement.)

Mona

Quote from: Tahrann on November 29, 2011, 08:22:20 PM
I might take you up on that, but I am always skeptical of dubs since they rarely have better voice actors than subs (Black Lagoon is an exception to that statement.)

I have found that Funimation typically does a good job at dubbing anime. There are some exceptions, of course, but for the most part I'm satisfied with their work. Yu Yu Hakusho happens to have three of my favorite voice actors in its main cast.

Tahrann

Quote from: Mona on November 29, 2011, 08:36:29 PM
I have found that Funimation typically does a good job at dubbing anime. There are some exceptions, of course, but for the most part I'm satisfied with their work. Yu Yu Hakusho happens to have three of my favorite voice actors in its main cast.

Fair enough. Then I'll take you up on that.

Zero

Quote from: Tahrann on November 29, 2011, 07:47:48 PM
Problem with me becoming multicultural? Or do you think all Americans should be the stereotypical American?

Not quite.

It's just that the fascination some people have with watching anime in a language that they don't even understand simply for the sake if it intrigues me, if anything.

That and the very same people can be irritating. If you aren't like this then you probably know people that are. OH NO NOT ENGRISH. ANYTHING BUT THAT. ENGRISH ISN'T KAWAIIIIIIIIIII

Tahrann

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 29, 2011, 08:51:05 PM
Not quite.

It's just that the fascination some people have with watching anime in a language that they don't even understand simply for the sake if it intrigues me, if anything.

That and the very same people are irritating. OH NO NOT ENGRISH. ANYTHING BUT THAT. ENGRISH ISN'T KAWAIIIIIIIIIII

So I shouldn't try to learn any Japanese (and or insert any language that you watch in that is not English) and only listen to things in my language? I think I learn enough English from everything else around me thank you very much.

Zero

Quote from: Tahrann on November 29, 2011, 09:00:46 PM
So I shouldn't try to learn any Japanese (and or insert any language that you watch in that is not English) and only listen to things in my language? I think I learn enough English from everything else around me thank you very much.

That isn't what I'm saying, lol.

Bearissoslow

Problem with me becoming multicultural? Or do you think all Americans should be the stereotypical American?

oh jesus i intercourse ing LAUGHED at you and anything you wanted to say to look cool.

kill yourself

Tahrann

Quote from: Bearissoslow on November 29, 2011, 09:40:31 PM

oh jesus i intercourse ing LAUGHED at you and anything you wanted to say to look cool.

kill yourself

That woulda made me feel bad until I read it was from Bear. Then I decided I wasted some seconds of my life responding to his post.

Zero

Quote from: Tahrann on November 29, 2011, 10:20:54 PM
That woulda made me feel bad until I read it was from Bear. Then I decided I wasted some seconds of my life responding to his post.

It's okay, we all do it.

Doodle

I saw an ad posted on the wall at school for an anime and manga club.
I never thought there'd be enough people at my school to be able to make one :U
YEAH

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 30, 2011, 12:11:14 AM
It's okay, we all do it.

and yet i'm the best poster here

which is saying literally nothing.

BOREDFOREVER

Subs aren't culture, they're language.  It'd be multilingual, I guess, if you were using the subs to learn Japanese.  Otherwise it just means you want to read and hear the original voices.