ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Club Nintendo Reminder and Notice

Started by Lotos, June 18, 2012, 01:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: The Riddler on July 20, 2012, 01:37:32 PM
https://club.nintendo.com/double-coins-nsmb2.do

NSMB2 will be a downloadable game and a hard-copy game-Nintendo is doubling the amount of coins you get for registering if you get the downloadable version.

why would anyone ever want a downloadable version over a hard copy though
Save space if you really don't like lending games. Besides, no matter what happens, your download won't be lost to petty accidents in the real world...unless you overwrote the system's memory.

Mona

https://club.nintendo.com/double-coins-nsmb2.do

NSMB2 will be a downloadable game and a hard-copy game-Nintendo is doubling the amount of coins you get for registering if you get the downloadable version.

> < That's so duuuumb.

Tupin

It's Nintendo's way of saying "Thanks for saving us money by having us make less games" I suppose.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mona

Quote from: Tupin on July 20, 2012, 03:49:17 PM
It's Nintendo's way of saying "Thanks for saving us money by having us make less games" I suppose.

That's makes sense, I suppose. But all it ends up doing for me is taunt me with the double coins because I know I'm going to end up getting the hard copy anyway.

Kayo

Oh my god I actually agree 100% with Riddler.

Quote from: Mona on July 20, 2012, 07:02:20 PM
That's makes sense, I suppose. But all it ends up doing for me is taunt me with the double coins because I know I'm going to end up getting the hard copy anyway.
Same. I absolutely LOVE having a physical collection of games. I'd much rather hunt down a copy of an old GameBoy era game I wanted to play than emulate it.

I sincerely hope video games never go full digital.

On a side note: Less than a month in, and I'm already Platinum for 2013. Yaaaaaaay. Might as well hold off on registering any more games I get this year so I'll have something for 2014, since at this point I've finally gotten coins for every single eligible product I own.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

Quote from: Kayo on July 22, 2012, 06:53:17 PM
I sincerely hope video games never go full digital.
Won't happen for a long time, even if everyone had fast enough Internet. ISPs throttle and hate heavy-downloaders, the conflict between them and game companies will hold an all-digital future off for a little while longer.

zephilicious

Quote from: Tupin on July 22, 2012, 08:00:10 PM
Won't happen for a long time, even if everyone had fast enough Internet. ISPs throttle and hate heavy-downloaders, the conflict between them and game companies will hold an all-digital future off for a little while longer.

except this is already how phone media works, and mobile data is significantly more expensive and harshly capped and nobody gives a poop.

it would not surprise me in the least if the wii u ends up being the last disc based console.
~~ <3

Tupin

Quote from: zephilicious on July 22, 2012, 08:43:21 PM
except this is already how phone media works, and mobile data is significantly more expensive and harshly capped and nobody gives a poop.

it would not surprise me in the least if the wii u ends up being the last disc based console.
Apparently Sony looked into download-only for the PS4, but decided against it:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303640104577436261084921778.html

Not sure about Microsoft, but Sony is obviously sticking with it. Maybe if the US were as wired as South Korea it would be viable right now, but too many people have Internet that is too slow.