Main Menu

gr8 b8 m8

Started by Tupin, November 01, 2013, 04:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on June 04, 2014, 08:43:57 AM
All of the characters are terrible. Not even gonna mention the fans.

Then again, they're why the characters are so poopty.

Better writing than MLP. All that matters.

Both fanbases are homestuck-tier though

Tupin

At least MLP doesn't pander hard to idiots like AT does, the latter actually got in trouble for that. At least MLP isn't written where all of the main characters are awful in terms of morality.

Fuck Homestuck.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on June 19, 2014, 09:50:44 AM
At least MLP doesn't pander hard to idiots like AT does, the latter actually got in trouble for that. At least MLP isn't written where all of the main characters are awful in terms of morality.

Fuck Homestuck.

As someone who admittedly watches the show (or did, it's been a little while):

HAHAHAHAHA

I guess the sharp turn the series took at the end of Season 2 into over-the-top silliness, violence, and fan theories isn't pandering. I guess having an episode devoted to getting sucked into a comic book and becoming super heroes, complete with a Fluttershy-Hulk isn't pandering. I guess having Weird Al Yankovic basically voice a pony version of himself isn't pandering. I guess a freaking theatrical movie where they turn into humans, go to high school, get shipped with an OC, and gain Sailor Moon powers isn't pandering. I guess officially naming a fan-favorite background character "Doctor Whooves" isn't pandering.

Tupin

Quote from: Neerb on June 19, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
As someone who admittedly watches the show (or did, it's been a little while):

HAHAHAHAHA

I guess the sharp turn the series took at the end of Season 2 into over-the-top silliness, violence, and fan theories isn't pandering. I guess having an episode devoted to getting sucked into a comic book and becoming super heroes, complete with a Fluttershy-Hulk isn't pandering. I guess having Weird Al Yankovic basically voice a pony version of himself isn't pandering. I guess a freaking theatrical movie where they turn into humans, go to high school, get shipped with an OC, and gain Sailor Moon powers isn't pandering. I guess officially naming a fan-favorite background character "Doctor Whooves" isn't pandering.
Yeah, all of those are stock plots that they just had a spin on and the very last one isn't a thing that's in the show.

Pretty sure the Fluttershy-Hulk thing is, again, a part of the "it's funny to watch a demure character flip poop" thing that they've done several times. And it was a Spike episode anyway, like anyone but a small group of dedicated fans of him would actually want that.

Screw that, the Weird Al episode was one of the best in the entire series and not because Weird Al was in it.

Also, implying that anyone asked for that movie, HA. They'd rather have ponies.

They do nothing but focus on making the show, most of the episodes are written too far in advance to pander. Come the intercourse  on, how many people honestly expected/wanted a villain from a previous incarnation of the franchise to come back?

I was talking about like, satisfying people who pair characters together romantically. Which AT tried to do and failed at. And strictly just that.

Neerb

Quote from: Tupin on June 19, 2014, 10:38:02 AM
I was talking about like, satisfying people who pair characters together romantically. Which AT tried to do and failed at. And strictly just that.

In what way? I can't think of a single couple on that show that didn't involve a character who was created for the explicit purpose of being in that couple (and therefore couldn't possibly be any form of pandering).

Tupin

Quote from: Neerb on June 19, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
In what way? I can't think of a single couple on that show that didn't involve a character who was created for the explicit purpose of being in that couple (and therefore couldn't possibly be any form of pandering).
Well, it was pandering not that a character was made for that, but that the creators were responding to immense fan desires to see them romantically involved. And then they caved in, before they had to correct it because they crossed a line.

Also, literally no one wants any of the characters to be shipped with new characters. It's why people responded just as poorly to Celestia falling for and going full retard for a good version of Sombra from an alternate dimension in the comics. Well, that was one of the many reasons why people disliked that arc...

Neerb

So the whole of Adventure Time sucks because of the, what, 6 romantic episodes?

Frankly, those weren't even the worst episodes, and who the heck cares if a character goes on a date? A little kid who thinks kisses are icky? Or a broken-hearted Tumblrite who doesn't want their waifu taken? AT has it's problems, but if it's really a "bad show," it ain't because someone's ship got sunk.

Tupin

Quote from: Neerb on June 19, 2014, 11:41:36 AM
So the whole of Adventure Time sucks because of the, what, 6 romantic episodes?

Frankly, those weren't even the worst episodes, and who the heck cares if a character goes on a date? A little kid who thinks kisses are icky? Or a broken-hearted Tumblrite who doesn't want their waifu taken? AT has it's problems, but if it's really a "bad show," it ain't because someone's ship got sunk.
Those broken heart Tumblrites were sending intercourse ing death threats.  Serious intercourse ing business, it is.

I just don't like the show and think that it sucks. And fans have nothing to do with it, I just don't like the show. Though the fans pretty much like the show because it agrees with them, but whatever.

And then they tell me to watch another episode. Gee, sound like ANOTHER group of fans that Adventure Time fans themselves often whine about? They're both obnoxious. The only thing that MLP has is that it has 4chan make up a large portion of fans so at least they do poop that isn't generic Tumblr crap.

Custom

solutions: stop watching shows for 6 year olds

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Custom on June 22, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
solutions: stop watching shows for 6 year olds
>"stop watching shows for 6 year olds"
>Is on a Nintenyearold forum

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Tupin on June 22, 2014, 03:21:32 PM
>"stop watching shows for 6 year olds"
>Is on a Nintenyearold forum
The show remains intended for six year olds.

Tupin

Quote from: Flying Chickens on June 23, 2014, 01:44:05 PM
The show remains intended for six year olds.
And so do most Nintendo games? So are Pixar movies? So is most animation in general?

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on June 23, 2014, 01:58:09 PM
And so do most Nintendo games? So are Pixar movies? So is most animation in general?
pixar movies suck
evangelion is not for 6 year olds ok anime is real art

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

pixar movies rock(except Brave and Cars 2)

as does evangelion

and so do many Nintendo games

~

Many Nintendo games are designed with the entire family in mind, not just six year olds. You haven't been paying attention if you don't understand this fact.

Pixar movies vary but I'm pretty sure the target demographic overall isn't six year olds. Far too many adults enjoy Pixar films. Way too many. Even old people like Finding Nemo for intercourse 's sake just listen to yourselves guys.

Animation was originally an adult thing back when it first appeared. From what I've seen of Adventure Time and MLP, they are definitely not trying to get adults into their shows despite what the fanbases seem to believe. AT does draw from a lot of nerdy poop and unorthodox humor so some adults can get into it I guess.

MLP tho. Nope. Little girls from the start. No beating around that bush. Every brony ever tries to avoid this cold hard truth but they are much better off embracing it as it makes them look like retards in denial to not do so. Sailor moon fags didn't put up a fight because they KNEW their poop was for girls and didn't care. MLP fags get butthurt about it though. "B-BUT THE SHOW HAS INTELLIGENT WRITING!!!"

There's this guy at my college's vidya game club that can't talk about anything that isn't MLP and I just don't know why he is even there. He just preaches and preaches like its some darn religion and he doesn't belong there, only joining in a game from time to time just so he doesn't get kicked out. Jesus christ what is wrong with these autistic bronies?

Zero

heath ledger is a horrible joker by the way