News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Sonic BOOM

Started by Neerb, February 06, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Sega has announced a new reboot/spin-off of Sonic the Hedgehog in the form of the Sonic Boom franchise. Taking place in an alternate continuity from the various pre-existing Sonic universes (games, Archie comic-verse, Sonic X, etc.), Sonic Boom will feature a redesigned Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy going on adventures together. The series will start with a Wii U/3DS exclusive game of the same name, which is the final part of the 3-game deal Sega made with Nintendo (the others being Lost World and 2014 Winter Olympics). The story will then continue in a 54-part Cartoon Network series of 11-min episodes.

Thoughts? Knuckles looks freakin' weird, and while Amy looks less annoying, she also looks more... uh, furry-ey? Sonic cartoons don't have a great track record, and frankly neither do their games, so a game BASED ON  a TV show (er, vice versa?) has me nervous. That said, the trailer looks like Sonic Heroes in a more action-adventure-like setting, and apparently some of the Jak & Daxter devs are working on it, which explains why it looks like... well, Jak & Daxter, so maybe it won't be a total disaster.

Tupin

In other news, Nintendo has decided to change the look of their popular quartet:

Meh, I'm not so sure about this one. The TV series or the game, which is a prequel to the TV series.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

I really don't like the new look of Sonic, at the very least. It might be an alright game though.

Neerb

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 06, 2014, 04:02:15 PM
I really don't like the new look of Sonic, at the very least. It might be an alright game though.

His nose is too short. His whole face has been flattened.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Neerb on February 06, 2014, 04:18:18 PM
His nose is too short. His whole face has been flattened.
It looks like he ran 2fast2stop and his face just happened to be the casualty.

Neerb

It actually reminds me of their Sonic Riders looks... except Knuckles, dear lord.

Tupin

Knuckles has had a bad past few years. Turned to steroids.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

whatwewishfor

whatever

whatwewishfor

i imagine knuckles sounding like johnny bravo
whatever

JrDude

This game looks nuts. I honestly have high hopes for this game.
Though it looked like crap at first, based on Knuckles alone, but it's all growing on me. Knuckles isn't grown on me all the way, but I feel he could.
To me, it seems like it's supposed to be the same universe, but everyone ACTUALLY aged. Tails looks like he's now a little teenager ready to pounce, Knuckles looks like he's been... working out I guess? It doesn't look like Muscles, just fatter arms and torso. Also taller. Sonic and Amy look like they'd basically be the same age, which would make sense still because when in your later teens, you look basically the same (early teens is different)
Also, it has yet to have any voice clips of Amy. We hear Tails and Knuckles and Sonic in the game trailer (and possibly, a 4th voice? The "this is paradise" seems like it MIGHT be someone else, but no one we would know. Otherwise it's Knuckles answering his own question), and Sonic, Tails, and Eggman in the Cartoon, but No Amy. I wonder if they're looking for a voice actor still? Pointless curiosity.

But I have high hopes because, I feel this is going to be something we (or at least I) were looking for. MORE THAN JUST RUNNING. Knuckles is back, and he can (presumably) climb, and he can even hang onto ceilings now. He can even dig, AND TRAVEL UNDERGROUND. Amy can swing on poop with her Hammer. Tails can fly (rather than Mech shoot). There also seems to be this weird electrical cord thing you can swing on too.
Also, it's said to have a nice focus on Multiplayer. I'd like to see how that comes into play OTHER than running together and pulling switches at the same time.
It also showed levels where it looked like different characters can explore different areas of the same level.

I'm probably getting my hopes up, but I do have high hopes for this game. Wii U seems to be doing good with Multiplayer adventures right now. NSMario Bros U (/Luigi), Rayman Legends (supposed to be Wii U exclusive originally, so I kinda count it), Mario 3D World.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Viewtifulboy

Quote from: Tupin on February 06, 2014, 04:45:15 PM
Knuckles has had a bad past few years. Turned to steroids.

Not nearly as badly and Ralf and Clark did though.

Zero

Sonic's arms are blue. Weird.

Game looks okay but remember Sonic 06's trailer?

SEGA is pretty good at bullshot trailers. They did a really good job of making Sonic 06 look fun, so I'm going to wait this one out.

In other news: I've been messing around with Lost World and I can safely say that the critics just intercourse ing sucked at the game. It isn't bad. All those complaints about "bullpoop deaths"? Yeah, no, they're casuals. This game is piss easy. Fun, but easy.

The Riddler

The good: It's a four player game and it looks like it might be kinda fun.
The bad: What in the everloving intercourse  why are their arms and legs so long and why don't they have necks and why the intercourse  are knuckles hands so small WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE DESIGNS

Custom

Quote from: The Riddler on February 07, 2014, 12:26:59 PM
The good: It's a four player game and it looks like it might be kinda fun.
The bad: What in the everloving intercourse  why are their arms and legs so long and why don't they have necks and why the intercourse  are knuckles hands so small WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE DESIGNS
he's like a badass old man

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

Also, it seems like this game might actually have a story, which has basically been absent for most games lately. Some had a "story," but not really.
Was that a giant Echidna statue? Maybe it's the origins of Knuckles or something.
[move][/move]
Dude .