News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Tri's character dedication thread! (secret) charcters Assist Trophies, and more!

Started by Triforceman22, October 28, 2007, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

Roy

Who is Roy?

Roy is a fictional swordfighter from the Fire Emblem series of video games. He is the protagonist of Fire Emblem 6: The Sword of Seals (Fūin no Tsurugi in Japan) and makes a brief cameo in Fire Emblem 7: The Blazing Sword.

Roy is the sole "Lord" character of Fūin no Tsurugi, the first Fire Emblem game to be released on the Game Boy Advance. In the typical tradition of Fire Emblem's Lords, he starts with somewhat shaky base stats, but will soon grow into a high-performance unit. He reaches his secondary class very late in the game, with only four chapters left to go.

His father is Eliwood, the protagonist of Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword, the first Fire Emblem game to be released outside Japan as the Game Boy Advance game Fire Emblem in the U.S.
Roy's deceased mother is never mentioned in name during Fuuin no Tsurugi. She is deliberately left ambiguous as Eliwood has three potential wives depending on which supports he gains in Rekka no Ken.

Role in Fūin no Tsurugi

Roy is only fifteen years old when the story of Fūin no Tsurugi begins. Bern had recently conquered the neighboring nations of Sacae (a vast plains country inhabited by mounted nomadic warriors) and Ilia (an arctic, barren nation famous for its skilled and devoted mercenaries), and had turned its sights to the Lycia Alliance. Following the Lycian code, each province is obligated to send their armies into battle against those who would attack the nation-states; Roy is thus called home from his studies in Ostia to lead Pherae's armies in his ill father's stead.

Personality:

Roy is an upstanding, thoughtful, and idealistic young man who repeatedly shows a desire to help and support others, shown in his interaction with Guinevere and his friend since youth, Lilina. While he would prefer to avoid blood-shed – a fact reflected in his interaction with Guinevere and his tactical efforts to conserve his soldiers – he maintains a strong resolve to see peace return to Elibe. Unlike most young protagonists, however, he is perceptive and cunning for his age – he tricks a traitorous Lycian vassal into exposing himself, deciphers that the bard Elphin (who is in reality the missing Etrurian Prince Mildain) is more than he seems (though he does not pursue the truth against Mildain's will), and often reacts calmly and tactically to disturbing news.

Roy is also quite oblivious to the obvious feelings that some of the women in the army develop for him (most via support conversations). Lilina in particular is quite smitten with him regardless of the player's actions, but he never notices this.

Super smash bros.

Roy appeared in Melee as a clone Character.
He is a clone of Marth, a fellow fire emblem Character.

His B moves are almost identical to marth's, but have a diffrent out-come.

His b move is called Flare Blade.
The Flare Blade is like Marth's Shield Breaker in that it has to be charged. Hold down B to charge the attack and let go when you want to let it rip. When it's fully charged, the attack will unleash it's full power in an explosion of flames that will deal 10% to Roy, but instantly KO anyone who's in its path.

His side B move is called Double edge Dance.
This attack is pretty much the same exact thing as Marth's Dancing Blade except that it has a fiery touch to it. This attack, like the Dancing Blade, unleashes a mighty combo.

His up B move is called Blazer.
Even though it's a copy of Marth's Dolphin Slash, the Blazer is very much different. It works in the same way in that Roy jumps up with his sword up in the air, and has a path similar to the Super Jump Punch. Roy, being heavier, won't go as high as Marth.

and his down B move is called counter.
Very much like Marth's Counter, when done, Roy will block the opponent's attack by his sword, then counter it back with a fiery touch. Just like Marth, your timing must be good in order to use this attack, because if you're too late or too slow, the attack won't be countered, and the opponent will have an advantage over you while you're countering.

it is unkown if Roy will return in brawl. But if he does, he will have a diffrent moveset.
Well, here's hoping...

Jigglypuff's is tonight. :)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Ridley

Dude keep them coming they are some of my favorite threads to read on the forums.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Triforceman22

Quote from: Ridley on November 15, 2007, 02:01:20 PM
Dude keep them coming they are some of my favorite threads to read on the forums.

Thank you Ridley! :)

Shujinco2

w00tage for Purin!

BTW, call her Purin, not jiggs. Purin is SUCH a cooler name than Jigglypuff!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Shujinco on November 15, 2007, 02:20:52 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

Besides i'm used to Jiggly puff... :)

Shujinco2

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 15, 2007, 02:22:22 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

I just LOVED playing Japanese meelee JUST for the sake of playing as Purin.

Ahhhhh, good times! :)

Triforceman22

Quote from: Shujinco on November 15, 2007, 02:24:07 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

KOOPA!!!! :P

Shujinco2

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 15, 2007, 02:27:39 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

ICE CLIMBER!

BTW, WHAT WAS WITH THAT? NO "S"?

Triforceman22

Quote from: Shujinco on November 15, 2007, 02:30:07 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

ICE CLIMBER!

Apparantley they think one is enough... :P
Either that, or sakurai is "anti Nana" or something... :P

Shujinco2

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 15, 2007, 02:31:36 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

ICE CLIMBER!

I heard somewhere that they don't have plurls in Japan!

But that "Anti-Nana" theory sounds phishy to me!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Shujinco on November 15, 2007, 02:37:27 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 15, 2007, 02:31:36 PM
w00tage for Purin!

But i'm not Japanese....

LOL.

ICE CLIMBER!

I heard somewhere that they don't have plurls in Japan!

But that "Anti-Nana" theory sounds phishy to me!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!

heh, Ackbar.... :P

Triforceman22

Jiggly Puff

Who is Jigglypuff?

Jiggly Puff, (Purin in original Japanese language versions) are one of the 493 fictional species of Pokémon creatures from the multi-billion-dollar Pokémon media franchise owned by Nintendo.
Jigglypuff is well known for it's ability to sing a mysterious melody – containing, as is customary in all Pokémon vocalization, only the word "Jigglypuff" – that instantly puts opponents and passers-by to sleep.

The name Jigglypuff is a portmanteau of the words jiggly, referring to its motion, and puff, referring to its buoyancy. Its Japanese name, Purin, probably derives from purin, the Japanese word for pudding.

(mmm...Pudding... :P)

Jigglypuff is a balloon of a Pokémon. Its body is globular, pink, fluffy, cuddly, and accented with stubby appendages, a tiny tuft of a single curl of hair, and enormous blue eyes. Jigglypuff's most popular attack is to sing its opponent to sleep. Unless a Pokemon has either the Insomnia, Vital Spirit, or Soundproof abilities, no one can avoid falling asleep upon hearing the song since the song's sound waves matches that of the brain waves of something that is asleep. Jigglypuff also has the strange ability to puff its body full of air to make it look larger than it actually is. Jigglypuff evolves from Igglybuff through happiness, and to Wigglytuff with the use of a Moon Stone.

Igglybuff:

Wigglytuff:

Jigglypuff can easily adjust the wavelength of its voice, without pausing to take a breath. As a result, this could very well endanger its life, for if its listener does not show any signs of sleepiness, Jigglypuff will continue to sing nonstop, thus using up all it's oxygen (this is highly unlikely, however, as virtually everyone who hears Jigglypuff sing falls asleep almost instantly; possibly the only Pokémon able to resist Jigglypuff's voice are Voltorb, Electrode, Mr. Mime, Whismur, Loudred, and Exploud, due to their natural ability, "soundproof," which blocks any sounds such as singing, etc.)

Whismur:

Mr. Mime:

Loudred:

His first look:

Super smash bros.

Jigglypuff first appeared in smash bros. 64 as the first unlockable character.
it also reappeared in melee as an unlockable too.

it's b moves are quite powerful...

it's B move is called Rollout.
Hold down B in whatever direction you're facing to start spinning and charging yourself up. Once Jigglypuff has reached it's limit (it'll be glowing white), release B to let it fly like a wheel! The attack does strong damage, and sends the opponent flying horizontally. The attack can also be maneuvered by moving the control stick in the direction; that way if you miss someone, just roll back and hit them when they're off guard! Once Jigglypuff hits a wall, it stops.

it's side b is called Pound.
Like in SSB, Jigglypuff will punch, which will push her body forward. The damage that it causes is fairly strong (around 11%), but it's not used too often.

it's up b is called Sing.
Don't attempt to press B + Up and expect Jigglypuff to save herself from dying. She won't. When B + Up is pressed, Jigglypuff will start singing, causing people nearby to fall asleep if they're not fast enough to hit her or run away. More helpful against slow opponents, this will allow Jigglypuff or a teammate to land in a powerful attack on the sleeping opponent.
Tid bit: if the opponent's % is high, he will sleep longer.

and it's down b is called rest.
Famously known for putting an end to Giga Bowser in Event 51, this is Jigglypuff's most devastating attack. Normally, when used, Rest will leave Jigglypuff impervious to attacks for a very short time. Using it for that purpose is pointless, since it doesn't help at all. However, when used when Jigglypuff is directly overlapping the opponent, she will unleash an uncanny energy and launch the opponent blazing with fire. If the opponent is damaged enough, he'll be KOed.

Jiggly puff will more than likely return in brawl.

Mewtwo's is tomorrow. :)

Triforceman22

Triforce_Luigi

Shujinco2

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 15, 2007, 06:48:23 PM
Very good. Yay Mewtwo. PURIN!
I like how Purin rolls it's R's when it says it's name! It's just SO CUTE!