News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Tri's character dedication thread! (secret) charcters Assist Trophies, and more!

Started by Triforceman22, October 28, 2007, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Ah yes. The fight scene from the unreleased Zelda game revealed at Spaceworld 2000. ::)

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 17, 2007, 02:01:29 PM
Ah yes. The fight scene from the unreleased Zelda game revealed at Spaceworld 2000. ::)

What was it gonna be about and what was it called?

Java

Do Pokemon Trainer after Luigi.  >:( :P

I'm interested to see what you'll do.

Tupin

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 17, 2007, 02:04:37 PM

I have no idea. I think it was scrapped to work on Windwaker. They didn't even make a playable demo for it, which tells me it probably never left the Alpha stage of programming. ;)

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 17, 2007, 02:12:00 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 17, 2007, 02:04:37 PM

I have no idea. I think it was scrapped to work on Windwaker. They didn't even make a playable demo for it, which tells me it probably never left the Alpha stage of programming. ;)

Oh. It looked sorta like a revamped Ocarina of Time for a second.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Java_Java on November 17, 2007, 02:10:47 PM

that's going to be a little tricky... :P

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 17, 2007, 02:23:01 PM

Why?

Triforceman22

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 17, 2007, 02:24:42 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 17, 2007, 02:23:01 PM

Why?

because Poke'mon trainer isn't that specific....
should I do it on Red?
Since thats what it looks like...

Water ☮

could you do stafy and/or animal crosser? and if your only doing confirmed characters id like you to do red.

DededeCloneChris

Since the pokemon trainer has 3 pokemon, you should do the pokemon too.

Triforceman22

Quote from: WaterGod on November 18, 2007, 09:52:27 AM
could you do stafy and/or animal crosser? and if your only doing confirmed characters id like you to do red.

after I do AT's and char. i'll do wanted Characters and A.T's. Adding stafy to list now.

Triforceman22

Luigi

Who is Luigi?

Luigi is a video game character created by Japanese game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. He is portrayed as the taller, younger twin brother of Nintendo's official mascot, Mario, and has appeared in many games throughout the Mario series.

Luigi was originally created as a character identical to Mario except for being colored green instead of red, however he has since developed a personality and style of his own. His voice is performed by Charles Martinet, the same actor who provides the voice for Mario, as well as other characters throughout the franchise.

The events leading to Luigi's creation began in 1981 during the development of Donkey Kong, where designer Shigeru Miyamoto had created Mario (then known as "Jumpman") hoping that he would be able to recast the character in a variety of different roles in future games.
While Mario was originally portrayed as a carpenter in Donkey Kong, the duo of Mario and Luigi in Mario bros. were instead styled as Italian plumbers. Because of software constraints of the time, Luigi's first appearance was a simple palette swap of Mario designed to represent the second player. Graphically and in terms of gameplay, the characters were completely identical except for their color schemes.

They look the same! :O

After the success of Mario Bros., Luigi was introduced to a wider audience in 1985 with the release of the console game Super Mario Bros. Once again he would function as a second-player palette swap of Mario, this time appearing with matching white hat and overalls and a green shirt and green shoes to contrast with Mario's red cap and overalls and brown shirt and brown shoes. It wasn't until the Japan-only sequel Super Mario Bros. 2 was released that Luigi began to become more distinguished from Mario. In that title, Luigi was a better jumper than Mario; he jumped higher and fell more slowly, though he did jump with less accuracy and traction.

Characteristics:

Although Luigi is as kindhearted as his heroic brother, he is portrayed in the games as timid, especially when forced to do tasks that seemingly are impossible. Luigi is clumsier than Mario, although he is a better jumper, which is odd considering Mario's "claim to fame" being his jumping ability. He tends to be self-conscious whereas Mario is carefree and headstrong. Luigi compliments Mario on a lot of things. He is described as being smarter than Mario in the Mario Party instruction manual, despite being portrayed as dense in other Nintendo games, such as the Mario and Luigi series. He is constantly under Mario's shadow.

Luigi has been depicted as being less recognizable than his brother, and perhaps underappreciated. A running gag in the Mario and Luigi series has most of the supporting characters (especially Bowser and his minions) having difficulty remembering Luigi's name (with the notable exception of Princess Peach and Toadsworth), referring to him instead as "green guy", "Green 'Stache", "other guy", "Mr. Green", "That Green whimp", "Greeny", or even just "Mario's brother". Once he was called "the guy who is always left behind." This joke was continued into Super Mario 64 DS, where a few of the Toads in the castle and the boss Goomboss do not immediately recognize Luigi, mistaking him for Mario, and Super Princess Peach, where he is jokingly referred to as "The Green Man" when Peach rescues him from the clutches of Kamek.

In many games and game manuals, Luigi is said to be the younger of the Mario Brothers. In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and more recently in Super Paper Mario, he refers to Mario as "big brother". However, in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, it is stated that he is Mario's twin. It includes a scene where the infant brothers are delivered by the stork to their parents. From this scene, it is possible to infer that Luigi is actually the younger twin, as Mario is the first to emerge from his sling.

Luigi has starred in his own game. Which is called Luigi's Mansion.
Luigi wins a mansion in a contest (which he didn't even enter in)
hearing the news, Mario goes to see the mansion first.
And goes missing.

Then Luigi goes to find mario, venturing into "his" mansion.
Only to find out his mansion is filled with ghosts.
He then meets Proffessor E. gadd, a resident who lives close by.

He tells luigi that the mansion just appeared out of nowhere a few days ago.
He then gives Luigi the Poltergust 3000. A macine that sucks up ghosts.
It is now Luigi's mission to save his brother, and find out what the heck is going on.

Super smash bros.

Luigi appeared in the original smash bros. as one of the four unlockable characters.
He is like a half-clone of Mario.

64:

Melee:

His B moves are like Mario's, but some are diffrent.
His B move is called Fire ball.
There isn't much of a difference between Mario's fireball and Luigi's fireball besides color, shooting straight instead of at an angle, and possibly an extra damage point.

His side B move is called Green missile.
This move basically gives Luigi an extra jump, because you can use this move to help get back on stage, and after you have done this move you can still use your B Up. One of the most noticable things about this move is that Luigi will perform an occasional misfire where Luigi will explode and go farther than being fully charged. There's a 1 out of 8 chance of that happening. The misfire will do around 25% damage, which is stronger than a fully charged Green Missile.

His up b move is called Super Jump punch.
Many of you can remember this attack from SSB, but the biggest difference is that it goes straight up. If you are right next to the opponent (touching them) then this move will perform the "screeching" uppercut. If you aren't touching them this move simply looks like Mario's Super Jump Punch, except it does one coin damage and goes straight up.

and his down B move is called Luigi cyclone.
This move is still the Tornado move he had in SSB. Mario has almost the exact same move, but there are a few differences such as the damage it gives. Mario's Tornado move also tends to get the enemy trapped for a longer time than Luigi's.

it is unknown if Luigi will return in brawl, but if he does, he may be able to use the Poltergust 3000..

Poke'mon trainer is up next... :)

Tupin

There's just so many continuity errors regarding Luigi's age. ::)

Triforceman22

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 18, 2007, 02:51:20 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 18, 2007, 02:50:16 PM
There's just so many continuity errors regarding Luigi's age. ::)

I know!

:D
I ALWAYS used to think he was the younger one. But just taller for some reason.