No way man! lucario sux
4 (19%)
God, replace pichu, PLEASE!
7 (33.3%)
Lucario, who dat?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Dei Enyt

I can guarantee that if the movie was "Bidoof and the Mystery of Mew", people would want Bidoof as playable instead of Lucrappyo. ^_^

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 12:26:24 PM
I can guarantee that if the movie was "Bidoof and the Mystery of Mew", people would want Bidoof as playable instead of Lucrappyo. ^_^
but it wasnt, if Super Mario Bros had been called, Super Mr T bros, Mr t would be playable, but we live in a world where its Super MARIO bros and LUCARIO and the Mystery of mew.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Dei Enyt

But what if it wasn't?  :O

Which proves my point: Lucrappyo is only popular because of the movie.  If there was no movie, he'd just be another Poke, and I wouldn't care.

Note that I said "IF", this time. >_>

Edit:  And if movies have the final say, why doesn't anyone want Robocop or Darth Vader in Brawl?  Sure, they weren't made by Nintendo, but THEY WER IN MOOVEES!!!!!!11!!!

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 12:30:31 PM
But what if it wasn't?  :O

Which proves my point: Lucrappyo is only popular because of the movie.  If there was no movie, he'd just be another Poke, and I wouldn't care.

Note that I said "IF", this time. >_>
Its more then just that, Like I said, one of the first reveiled Sinnoh pokemon, that had something to do with it too.  You can counter to say that pikachu is only popular because of the anime, even though in game........its not a good pokemon.

Dei Enyt

Just because they're the first revealed doesn't necessarily mean they're the best.  Look at Kekleon and Azurill.  They were among the first revealed Pokes, and they're considered "meh", last I checked.

(+1 Post)

Edit:  Heh, at least this is more engaging than the last NSider. XD

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 12:34:50 PM
Just because they're the first revealed doesn't necessarily mean they're the best.  Look at Kekleon and Azurill.  They were among the first revealed Pokes, and they're considered "meh", last I checked.

(+1 Post)
Like I've been saying, the thing about lucario is, its a CULMINATION of things
1st pokemon reveiled: may not have helped kekleon(although it is a cool pokemon) but thats because of its lack of game importance
Game importance: being a rare pokemon may not have helped Deoxys, but since Mewtwo is already there as a legandary rep, it got da boot.
representation: Lucario is pretty much the most reccomended 4th gen pokemon, and is pretty standalone, meowth was just another 1st gen pokemon possibly showing why it got stuck with a pokeball.

its just too much at once, looking at its points one at a time may make it look meh, but all at once its hard to deny.

Dei Enyt

If it's hard to deny the combination, then how is it that I am denying it? xP

And that cumulation can work both ways; as I said earlier, the advantages themselves have some major disadvantages.  Be careful when you fight with a double-edged sword.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Dei Enyt on November 03, 2007, 01:06:56 PM
If it's hard to deny the combination, then how is it that I am denying it? xP

And that cumulation can work both ways; as I said earlier, the advantages themselves have some major disadvantages.  Be careful when you fight with a double-edged sword.
Exactly, but the problem with all of this is, it doesnt matter what you or I think, its all up to what Sakurai thinks, he may think Lucario would be playable or not, its all his decision, not ours.

Dei Enyt

True indeed.  I personally still see him as nothing more than getting into a Pokeball.

Thanks for helping me boost my post count. =D

Zanryu

Uh, Avion... Pikachu had MAJOR game significance at one point.

Ever hear of Pokemon Yellow?

Geez, I hate Pokemon and I can say that much.

Also, if Lucario's important because of a movie, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Lugia should have had a fair shot in Melee (going by your logic).

If Lucario's not legendary, was only presumed to be due to when he was revealed, was in a movie and an opening... that doesn't give him much. I mean, Pikachu's Ash's main Pokemon, Jiggles was the annoying blob that mad everyone off in the first season, so had a comical role. Mewtwo... self explanatory. Legendary, movie, major significance in the game. Pichu, The Blind Archer stated why.

I say kick Pichu, and leave it as is after that. We have enough dang Pokemon anyways. It's supposed to be comprised of a mostly Nintendo scene. Lucrappyo doesn't deserve to be classed with the likes of Ike, Link, Pit and Mario. And this is coming from a dude who's totally Anti-Mario.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 01:20:57 PM

Also, if Lucario's important because of a movie, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Lugia should have had a fair shot in Melee (going by your logic).

If Lucario's not legendary, was only presumed to be due to when he was revealed, was in a movie and an opening... that doesn't give him much. I mean, Pikachu's Ash's main Pokemon, Jiggles was the annoying blob that mad everyone off in the first season, so had a comical role. Mewtwo... self explanatory. Legendary, movie, major significance in the game. Pichu, The Blind Archer stated why.

I say kick Pichu, and leave it as is after that. We have enough dang Pokemon anyways. It's supposed to be comprised of a mostly Nintendo scene. Lucrappyo doesn't deserve to be classed with the likes of Ike, Link, Pit and Mario. And this is coming from a dude who's totally Anti-Mario.
we dont need any more darn pokemon..........that is so old, its nintendo's second biggest franchise, just because you dont like it doesnt mean anything.

Nils_13

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 01:20:57 PM

I laugh at you. Pokemon Yellow came out after Red and Blue and was based solely off of the anime. It was called the "special Pikachu edition" for a reason and that reason is the anime. Also, Pokemon is the big N's 2nd biggest franchise. I really don't think they would ignore that. And besides, it's not like you have to play as the characters anyway.

Edit: You're points are terrible. Blind Archer came up with way better arguments than you.

Tupin

BTW, don't we have enough Pokemon characters? I think that if Lucario is in, Mewto should leave. Besides, Pokemon Trainer is essentially 3 Pokemon in 1.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 01:42:00 PM
BTW, don't we have enough Pokemon characters? I think that if Lucario is in, Mewto should leave. Besides, Pokemon Trainer is essentially 3 Pokemon in 1.
3 pokemon missing a b down= not whole characters ;)

Zanryu

Don't assume poop. It's NOT because I dislike the series. Who cares if it's the second biggest franchise? Just because you're a Pokemon buff doesn't mean we DO need more.

I LIKE Pikachu. He's a good character. Jiggles is fun to use. Challenging. Mewtwo's the poop. Pichu sucks in general.

Would you prefer having 7 Pokemon characters versus 4 Mario characters, or 3 Zelda Characters, or 2/3 Fire Emblem characters?

I'll admit, Pokemon was good at the start. Now it's overdone and should die. It doesn't need any more representatives in Smash Bros. Three is plenty. At the most, I saw have 4 reps per series, depending. I think 3 Pokemon with enough significance works. Don't add one that has one thing going for it, with hundreds of things against it.

@Nils:

You're intercourse ing stupid. You don't think I know that? I had every Pokemon game up to Ruby and Sapphire. I think I know what came when, and what was based off of what. If my points are so terrible, why bother arguing them?

I know you don't HAVE to play the character, but what REAL significance does he have?

None.

How does he deserve to be in Brawl?

He doesn't.

Think about the big picture. Like Dei said, Darth Vader's not in Brawl. He was in a movie. Lucario was in a movie. Does he deserve to be in Brawl? They have the exact same things going for them. Stop whining about a worthless option.