God, replace pichu, PLEASE!
7 (33.3%)
Lucario, who dat?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Tupin

Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 01:42:36 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 01:42:00 PM
BTW, don't we have enough Pokemon characters? I think that if Lucario is in, Mewto should leave. Besides, Pokemon Trainer is essentially 3 Pokemon in 1.
3 pokemon missing a b down= not whole characters ;)

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 01:47:11 PM
Don't assume s***. It's NOT because I dislike the series. Who cares if it's the second biggest franchise? Just because you're a Pokemon buff doesn't mean we DO need more.

I LIKE Pikachu. He's a good character. Jiggles is fun to use. Challenging. Mewtwo's the s***. Pichu sucks in general.

Would you prefer having 7 Pokemon characters versus 4 Mario characters, or 3 Zelda Characters, or 2/3 Fire Emblem characters?

I'll admit, Pokemon was good at the start. Now it's overdone and should die. It doesn't need any more representatives in Smash Bros. Three is plenty. At the most, I saw have 4 reps per series, depending. I think 3 Pokemon with enough significance works. Don't add one that has one thing going for it, with hundreds of things against it.

@Nils:

You're f***ing stupid. You don't think I know that? I had every Pokemon game up to Ruby and Sapphire. I think I know what came when, and what was based off of what. If my points are so terrible, why bother arguing them?

I know you don't HAVE to play the character, but what REAL significance does he have?

None.

How does he deserve to be in Brawl?

He doesn't.

Think about the big picture. Like Dei said, Darth Vader's not in Brawl. He was in a movie. Lucario was in a movie. Does he deserve to be in Brawl? They have the exact same things going for them. Stop b***ing about a worthless option.
uh, Lucario has more for him then the movie -_-

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 01:42:36 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 01:42:00 PM
BTW, don't we have enough Pokemon characters? I think that if Lucario is in, Mewto should leave. Besides, Pokemon Trainer is essentially 3 Pokemon in 1.
3 pokemon missing a b down= not whole characters ;)
But they are ment to be used as one character, but hey, maybe that will be it, maybe not, we wont know until either
a, an update comes up
b, it comes out in February
c, info gets leaked(God I hope not)

Tupin

Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 01:49:33 PM
Don't assume s***. It's NOT because I dislike the series. Who cares if it's the second biggest franchise? Just because you're a Pokemon buff doesn't mean we DO need more.

I LIKE Pikachu. He's a good character. Jiggles is fun to use. Challenging. Mewtwo's the s***. Pichu sucks in general.

Would you prefer having 7 Pokemon characters versus 4 Mario characters, or 3 Zelda Characters, or 2/3 Fire Emblem characters?

I'll admit, Pokemon was good at the start. Now it's overdone and should die. It doesn't need any more representatives in Smash Bros. Three is plenty. At the most, I saw have 4 reps per series, depending. I think 3 Pokemon with enough significance works. Don't add one that has one thing going for it, with hundreds of things against it.

@Nils:

You're f***ing stupid. You don't think I know that? I had every Pokemon game up to Ruby and Sapphire. I think I know what came when, and what was based off of what. If my points are so terrible, why bother arguing them?

I know you don't HAVE to play the character, but what REAL significance does he have?

None.

He doesn't.

Think about the big picture. Like Dei said, Darth Vader's not in Brawl. He was in a movie. Lucario was in a movie. Does he deserve to be in Brawl? They have the exact same things going for them. Stop b***ing about a worthless option.
His popularity, I'm guessing.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 01:55:02 PM
Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 01:49:33 PM

@Nils:

None.

He doesn't.

His popularity, I'm guessing.
He's also a good pokemon competitive battling wise,

Zanryu

Oh wow. He's in an opening, was one of the first to be revealed, and is on a champion's team.

Big deal, that's like the spider on the bottom of my shoe: nothing.

You can't honestly think that that's enough. Gyarados has been all over the Elite Four and whatnot, and there was a big thing about it in Gold, Silver and Crystal with the shiny Gyarados in the Lake place. He got a nice bonus for getting snapped in Pokemon Snap. You don't see people spazzing for him to be in Brawl, do you? Face it, Avion, it's the movie. You practically said so himself.

Dei said what if it was Bidoof, yadda yadda. You said it doesn't matter, so blah blah blah. You proved my own point, as well as Dei's with that.

@Tuppy: He's popular because of said movie. That doesn't matter, it's an insignificant point, much like anything besides the movie, which are almost nonexistent.

EDIT: Avion, almost EVERY Pokemon can be good in battle. It depends how it's trained and what skills it have, which is why that's also an invalid point.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 01:57:03 PM
Oh wow. He's in an opening, was one of the first to be revealed, and is on a champion's team.

Big deal, that's like the spider on the bottom of my shoe: nothing.

You can't honestly think that that's enough. Gyarados has been all over the Elite Four and whatnot, and there was a big thing about it in Gold, Silver and Crystal with the shiny Gyarados in the Lake place. He got a nice bonus for getting snapped in Pokemon Snap. You don't see people spazzing for him to be in Brawl, do you? Face it, Avion, it's the movie. You practically said so himself.

Dei said what if it was Bidoof, yadda yadda. You said it doesn't matter, so blah blah blah. You proved my own point, as well as Dei's with that.

@Tuppy: He's popular because of said movie. That doesn't matter, it's an insignificant point, much like anything besides the movie, which are almost nonexistent.
you make it seem like its impossible to get in brawl, Ike was in ONE game, (at the time brawl was being made) ooooooh, same with lucas, one game, and thats about it, but you make it seem like a character has to bloody cure cancer to get in, Lucario has popularity, it doesnt matter how he got said popularity, its popularity, you act like thats not enough, tell me, what to you must a character have to get in?

Nils_13

@Nils:

None.

He doesn't.

Oh, so you're opinions are worthless now? Okay. And get your facts right. Nintendo is practically throwing Lucario into the spotlight. Look at all of his merchandise. He has popularity. He was a legendary rescuer in PMD mentioned by Alakazam. You can get a Lucario statue upon achieving LUCARIO rank, the HIGHEST rank. Not everyone in D/P has a Lucario either. Only Maylene (3rd gym leader), Cynthia (champion), and Riley, who was a guy that looks like Sir Aaron from the Lucario movie. Lucario has much more than the movie. If it wasn't for the movies, Mewtwo wouln't be a villian and every movie Pokemon would just be another Pokemon.

Tupin

Quote from: Nils_13 on November 03, 2007, 02:03:21 PM

@Nils:

None.

He doesn't.

Oh, so you're opinions are worthless now? Okay. And get your facts right. Nintendo is practically throwing Lucario into the spotlight. Look at all of his merchandise. He has popularity. He was a legendary rescuer in PMD mentioned by Alakazam. You can get a Lucario statue upon achieving LUCARIO rank, the HIGHEST rank. Not everyone in D/P has a Lucario either. Only Maylene (3rd gym leader), Cynthia (champion), and Riley, who was a guy that looks like Sir Aaron from the Lucario movie. Lucario has much more than the movie. If it wasn't for the movies, Mewtwo wouln't be a villian and every movie Pokemon would just be another Pokemon.
Merchandise means nothing. If he's a main character, he has a chance.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 03, 2007, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Nils_13 on November 03, 2007, 02:03:21 PM

@Nils:

None.

He doesn't.

Merchandise means nothing. If he's a main character, he has a chance.
pokemon has no main characters besides the trainer, so choosing pokemon reps from it must be based on popularity.

Zanryu

Mewtwo: Big character.

Pikachu: Also a main character.

Jiggles: I don't get it, but she was a good asset. I complained about her, too.

Ike got in because he was the main character in a game. I admit, some of it is based on popularity, but not the whole of it. That's all Lucario has, because of the movie. The toys and whatnot are results of the movie. It doesn't frigging matter WHO had him as the team, the rank doesn't mean crap all. Significance for Lucario = God dividing by zero.

Significance for Ike = High.

Also, Marth has HUGE significance. In two games to date, started the series, could say three games due to the two stories in FE3, and he's in FE11 for the DS. Roy was an advertisement, so if he's back, cool. If not, we need a replacement. Ike takes that by having counter, and a copy of Roy's B move. Only difference is the animation. Fully charged is usually an OHKO, and you take 10% damage.

Lucas... I still don't know why he's in. You have NO idea how much I complained about him.

Avion-Finch

Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 02:15:47 PM

Ike got in because he was the main character in a game. I admit, some of it is based on popularity, but not the whole of it. That's all Lucario has, because of the movie. The toys and whatnot are results of the movie. It doesn't frigging matter WHO had him as the team, the rank doesn't mean crap all. Significance for Lucario = God dividing by zero.

Also, Marth has HUGE significance. In two games to date, started the series, could say three games due to the two stories in FE3, and he's in FE11 for the DS. Roy was an advertisement, so if he's back, cool. If not, we need a replacement. Ike takes that by having counter, and a copy of Roy's B move. Only difference is the animation. Fully charged is usually an OHKO, and you take 10% damage.

Lucas... I still don't know why he's in. You have NO idea how much I complained about him.
hmm, alot of those seem to be characters you dont like, well, you see, this shows something, ITS SAKURAIS DECISION NOT OURS, he wants Lucario in, he'll be in, he doesnt want him in, pokeball.

thunderhero4

ack! listen to me! lucario is a deadly famous and popular pokemon in both games and anime! most evryone i saw on wi-fi in pearl had him. his moves seem perfect for smash bros:
B special: aura sphere, side B: Bonemerang, down B: bone rush, Up B: super jump. Lucario can also run fast, so he could have the stats of captain falcon as well. Pichu (as i read from his trophy profile in melee) had only one purpose: to run around and grab items. Mewtwo had more of his features taken from the anime, and he was good!

Shamu

Sure, I wouldn't mind Lucario in Brawl. It's not like we have any better candidate for Pokemon.

Zanryu

Quote from: Avion-Finch on November 03, 2007, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: Zanryu on November 03, 2007, 02:15:47 PM

hmm, alot of those seem to be characters you dont like, well, you see, this shows something, ITS SAKURAIS DECISION NOT OURS, he wants Lucario in, he'll be in, he doesnt want him in, pokeball.
That's where you're wrong.

I'm a HUGE Fire Emblem fan and love everything about Ike, Marth and Roy. I'm sad that Roy will probably be leaving, glad Ike's in, and will be REALLY angry if Marth's out. Makes no sense, Falchion (Marth's sword) is still the FE Icon.

Pikachu I like, despite my deep hatred for Pokemon, same for Mewtwo. Jiggles I have no opinion on, and CAN'T have an opinion on Lucas. I've never played any of the Earthbound games.

I just REALLY don't like Lucario, but not because it's Pokemon. Because of all it's fans. He's just another Pokemon, he shouldn't have as many fans as he does. Frig, Eevee deserves more fans.