I Don't Know What To Believe Now...

Started by tollhouse2006, January 15, 2008, 04:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:37:15 PM
Okay, Nintendo and Square make up the majority of game delays. You would think by now they'd learn to to have a date until they can GURANTEE that it'll come out on that day. Halo 3 got delayed what? Once? Smash twice (and god knows how many more based on Nintendo's track record), Galaxy twice, and not enough fingers to count how many times Twilight Princess got pushed back...
They're people, so they'll never learn from mistakes. *shrugs*
All I know is, when I become a game designer, I'm not giving a date until I can gurantee that date (unless of course some disaster like game crash happens). You owe the people at least that much.

I'm mostly just peeved on how this delay is for little to no reason. If it's because you don't have "enough", they're doing the same thing with the Wii, so why are they trying that with a game and not the system huh?
We don't know yet what the delay is for; everything here is just speculation. All you can do is make the best of the situation. And yeah, nowadays release dates are Advent important, so changing them isn't wise, but if it can't be helped, there's nothing we can do about it but not buy the game. Boycotting is the way to bring about change, and how many of you are willing to do that?
If Nintendo listened to Americans, we'd be a lot more online focused, rather than waggle crap we've been getting.
Well, read my previous post. The game HAS to be done in order to ship in Japan in three weeks (for INSANELY MINOR tweaking of bugs). So it can't be the game, not to mention if it is minor tweaking it doesn't matter for a whole month. Next is the NoA issue. It's probably their issue since it's so late here, so either NoA is being insanely lazy (flame ANDY!!) or there is some bizarre reasoning behind it. My only two thoughts are:
1. Not enough copies (which again, they're prefectly content with not having enough wii's ,so why is this an issue at all for them?"
2. Not "ready" for the actual release such as ads and such, which again, it's probably the most hyped game this year. Word alone should be enough in that regard. Not to mention NoA's advertising sucks so who cares?

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:48:14 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 02:38:52 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 02:37:15 PM
Okay, Nintendo and Square make up the majority of game delays. You would think by now they'd learn to to have a date until they can GURANTEE that it'll come out on that day. Halo 3 got delayed what? Once? Smash twice (and god knows how many more based on Nintendo's track record), Galaxy twice, and not enough fingers to count how many times Twilight Princess got pushed back...
They're people, so they'll never learn from mistakes. *shrugs*
All I know is, when I become a game designer, I'm not giving a date until I can gurantee that date (unless of course some disaster like game crash happens). You owe the people at least that much.

I'm mostly just peeved on how this delay is for little to no reason. If it's because you don't have "enough", they're doing the same thing with the Wii, so why are they trying that with a game and not the system huh?
We don't know yet what the delay is for; everything here is just speculation. All you can do is make the best of the situation. And yeah, nowadays release dates are Advent important, so changing them isn't wise, but if it can't be helped, there's nothing we can do about it but not buy the game. Boycotting is the way to bring about change, and how many of you are willing to do that?
If Nintendo listened to Americans, we'd be a lot more online focused, rather than waggle crap we've been getting.
Well, read my previous post. The game HAS to be done in order to ship in Japan in three weeks (for INSANELY MINOR tweaking of bugs). So it can't be the game, not to mention if it is minor tweaking it doesn't matter for a whole month. Next is the NoA issue. It's probably their issue since it's so late here, so either NoA is being insanely lazy (flame ANDY!!) or there is some bizarre reasoning behind it. My only two thoughts are:
1. Not enough copies (which again, they're prefectly content with not having enough wii's ,so why is this an issue at all for them?"
2. Not "ready" for the actual release such as ads and such, which again, it's probably the most hyped game this year. Word alone should be enough in that regard. Not to mention NoA's advertising sucks so who cares?
So to change that, we must boycott. Of course, we're the minority now so it hardly matters. I wouldn't put it past NOA to somehow cater this to casual gamers anyway, so I'm just 'rawr' on the whole thing.

Nayrman

So am I NINNIN6 (sorry for not quote, this thread is acting like a piece of crap right now).
Nintendo's been doing NOTHING for hte hardcore now, nothing but "casual" stuff. It's a good business strategy, but horrible for us. After Brawl I don't see one "hardcore" game until the eventual Star Fox Wii (if it goe sback to Star Fox 64 area) or F-Zero...that's it X_X;;

Rius

Agreed. As an economics student, I applaud them, but as a gamer, I want them to go die. :P
Most of our hope for hardcore games now stem from third parties and that far off, distant Zelda game. It better have voice acting and orchestrated music this time. >:(

Oh well, at least I have a PS3 to work towards.

Nayrman

I have a PS3, and am glad I have it. Otherwise I'd have nothing to play between now and Brawl.
Yea, next zelda REQUIRES VA and orchestra. I mean, they'll give it to Mario but won't give one of the, if not THE, most epic series in gaming history and stuck with MIDI?! That's just sad. I'm just sick of the "nongame" games, like Blue Ocean and Wii Fit. If I wanted those things, I'd go to a gym or an aquarium...that's what they're FOR, not a videogame.

Rius

The only positive side to the casual gamer philosophy is that it hooked my parents, so they give me more money to buy games now. ^-^

I'm actually looking forward to the next Square Enix and Tales games than I am Brawl. Brawl's just closer (for now).

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 03:03:45 PM
I have a PS3, and am glad I have it. Otherwise I'd have nothing to play between now and Brawl.
Yea, next zelda REQUIRES VA and orchestra. I mean, they'll give it to Mario but won't give one of the, if not THE, most epic series in gaming history and stuck with MIDI?! That's just sad. I'm just sick of the "nongame" games, like Blue Ocean and Wii Fit. If I wanted those things, I'd go to a gym or an aquarium...that's what they're FOR, not a videogame.
Yeah, I thought games were for things you couldn't do of aren't allowed to do in real life, like play god (Sims), killing terrorists (Call of Duty 4), talking to animals (Animal Crossing), and beating up cartoonish figures. (Smash Bros.)

And supposedly, Endless Ocean is where Nintendo's idea of casual/hardcore balancing goes straight down the toilet.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: NINNIN6 on January 15, 2008, 03:09:41 PM
The only positive side to the casual gamer philosophy is that it hooked my parents, so they give me more money to buy games now. ^-^

I'm actually looking forward to the next Square Enix and Tales games than I am Brawl. Brawl's just closer (for now).
Me too. ^o^

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 15, 2008, 03:11:12 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 15, 2008, 03:03:45 PM
Yeah, I thought games were for things you couldn't do of aren't allowed to do in real life, like play god (Sims), killing terrorists (Call of Duty 4), talking to animals (Animal Crossing), and beating up cartoonish figures. (Smash Bros.)

And supposedly, Endless Ocean is where Nintendo's idea of casual/hardcore balancing goes straight down the toilet.

You can't kill terrorists in real life?
I agree, Nintendo is being very evil with all of these casual games.
You have to admit though, the idea is pure genious.

Nayrman

The Blue Ocean strategy potentially dooms all hardcore gamers...if it catches on to others. But I'm probably being overly pessemistic. It's just a little nervewracking when Nintendo abandons it's true fandbase....

thunderhero4

Ive said it before, ill say it again...sakurai is leading us...he has clones set up all over the world watching over his employees...

But seriously, what if he has the game in little poduction and is giving us small delays to keep us excited about the game until he actually has it done? :|

Nayrman

It's got enough hype. Everyone who was origionally going to buy it already is. So the delay to build hype does NOTHING. If anything it hurts because it's released during "dead game time" between the holiday delays and Summer crap, where NOTHING is released. So if anything this is a dumb move.

GrimTuesday

This is why I don't post release dates for my games  :-\

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

tollhouse2006

I wonder why we have to wait over a month after the Japan release?  Do you think they'll release earlier than March 9th?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Nayrman

Please, can someone tell this dude when Nintendo has ever released a game early? That'd be never.
Late? All of 'em.
So yea, don't even get started on that. We'll be lucky if he released it on March 9th like he said he would X_X;;