News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Downloadable Characters possiblity (Could be spoilers, dunno)

Started by tollhouse2006, February 18, 2008, 04:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think are the chances for downloadable characters?

Likely
3 (9.4%)
Possible
9 (28.1%)
I don't know
3 (9.4%)
Not likely
11 (34.4%)
Impossible
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: March 08, 2008, 04:03:46 PM

Rius

It is certainly possibly, but I would say it's not likely at the same time. The Wii is certainly capable of it (if it had enough ROM), and there was the possibility that the game already contained the characters, but needed something minuscule like a Serial Number of sorts to unlock the characters. Of course, this is Nintendo, so that alone makes it unlikely.

Depster

I'm thinking likely.  look at halo and all those downloadable maps...  Sides, we have all these new channels coming out, and characters surely can't take up that much space...  'sides, what do you think the SD card slot is for?

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Tupin

Quote from: Depster on February 18, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
I'm thinking likely.  look at halo and all those downloadable maps...  Sides, we have all these new channels coming out, and characters surely can't take up that much space...  'sides, what do you think the SD card slot is for?
Yeah, there's no excuse, especially since you can save photos directly to an SD card.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Joeofmars

Quote from: Depster on February 18, 2008, 06:37:56 PM

This isn't the 360, though.

gbwyoshi

Well if the info from the game isn't Wii encrypted like VC games then the download might be through your computer to an SD card

Apollo

Quote from: Joeofmars on February 18, 2008, 05:31:57 PM
I want that rumor to be true, but don't believe it.

I REALLY want it to be true though.  :(
well i did my homework and sme of the evidence looks really good

HTA!

It would wipe out space on the Wii...

I not sure if the SD card would work out, although an SD card would have the needed amount of space, at least for a few characters.
1 GB isnt much though...

Tupin

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 18, 2008, 07:25:07 PM

I not sure if the SD card would work out, although an SD card would have the needed amount of space, at least for a few characters.
1 GB isnt much though...
Maybe if Nintendo actually released a Hard Drive...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Water ☮

I think its possible! If a Psp can download a whole game demo (and make phone calls.)
I don't see why the wii can't download a character.

Though I don't think its likely.

Macawmoses

You are forgetting; Nintendo doesn't know the meaning to any of this.

HTA!

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 18, 2008, 07:33:42 PM

1 GB isnt much though...
Doubtful.
Unless they really get serious about downloadable content, like what they did for MP3...

And would it be hard to install?

Apollo

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 18, 2008, 07:40:22 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 18, 2008, 07:33:42 PM

1 GB isnt much though...
Doubtful.
Unless they really get serious about downloadable content, like what they did for MP3...

And would it be hard to install?
i dont think so
i think it would be something like downloading on the vc
i did research and they said that there was extra room on the game disk and that some characters had imprints in the game that once completed, may give you that character

tollhouse2006

If Nintendo released a Wii feature specifically for Brawl that would let you download characters that would be awesome.  Except the only problem is that a new character changes everything.  The character affects the target score, homerun contest, event matches, vs matches, etc so it would impact the game alot and also nobody said that US wasn't getting bonus characters.  Japan for instance were the only ones to get Marth and Roy in melee leaving us with 23 characters so it's possible that our version could be different.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

fredrickthethird

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 18, 2008, 08:55:45 PM
If Nintendo released a Wii feature specifically for Brawl that would let you download characters that would be awesome.  Except the only problem is that a new character changes everything.  The character affects the target score, homerun contest, event matches, vs matches, etc so it would impact the game alot and also nobody said that US wasn't getting bonus characters.  Japan for instance were the only ones to get Marth and Roy in melee leaving us with 23 characters so it's possible that our version could be different.
That's not true, we have Marth and Roy here in the Americas

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen