Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 06:59:58 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 06, 2008, 05:39:40 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 05:36:11 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 06, 2008, 05:33:54 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 05:30:30 PM
Still think Rob is pointless.
We have three retro characters, IC, Pit, and G&W.
We don't need a lousy failed peripheral as a character. Hell, he was lucky to get into MKDS
I still wonder how this stupid toy got in before Isaac did....
so unfair. I betya more ppl wanted Isaac and frankly fifteen other characters ahead of him.
Not to metnion dumb enemies in story mode shouldn't ever be playable
Well, he [spoiler]IS the Ancient Minister.[/spoiler]

I still don't think that entitles him to be playable.

Let's make a Goomba playable. At least he would be unique and actually contributed a lot to Nintendo. :P
[spoiler]Boss apperances mean s***. It didn't help Ridley[/spoiler]
That's the point I'm trying to make. No minor/common enemies should ever be playable.
And I still want like, fifteen other guys than him.
But you see, the enemy is the ROB SQUAD. ROB is just ROB. :P

But yeah, I would rather have Cream the Rabbit playable.
Bitch ninny ninny

Come on, look at it this way....he is THE R.O.B.  not a member of the squad. He is THE villain, as far as we know, and he represents Retro. You say 3 is too many, well, what Mario characters would you like to give up? Your options are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, and Diddy....remove 4 of them.

Retro is deserving of reps, it is what MADE Nintendo.

Also, I placed a spoiler warning on this thread a long time ago, no need to keep adding [ spoiler    ] tags.
When you put it that way, I guess ROB is a decent rep.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

HTA!

Mack = Wrong.

Sakurai added them for retro nostalgia yes...

But what good is that if the new school isn't well represented?

Macawmoses

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 07:29:45 PM
Mack = Wrong.

Oh, terribly sorry......Snake doesn't at all represent an up and coming new game, or Sonic, or Mario, or Samus, or the newest franchises of Pokemon and Star Fox.

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 07:33:29 PM
Mack = Wrong.

Oh, terribly sorry......Snake doesn't at all represent an up and coming new game, or Sonic, or Mario, or Samus, or the newest franchises of Pokemon and Star Fox.

Of Nintendo, obviously.

And why should we be stuck in the past?
Retro is well and good, but did a newer character, more successful character
such as... lets say Issac ( cant think right now) deserve to be made playable over ROB?
Hell Yes.

And quiet frankly, Mario, Samus, Link, and Sonic, heck even Pokemon, are all old characters, fusing retro with the new art styles.
Smash is an homage to the clashing of Video Game worlds.

So I hardly think its right to say that tons of retro characters should have been added.
Its basically perfect the way it is.

Although, Which audience is Brawl trying to appeal to mack?
Everyone, or oldschool gamers?

Everyone.
[/thread]

Rius

Mack = Wrong.

Addendum: Captain Olimar, Captain Falcon, Twilight Princess designs.

If a character did not get in, Sakurai had no reason to put them in. Where was it guaranteed that highly requested characters would get in? Pokemon Trainer wasn't, and he's just some kid who never speaks. And, believe it or not, R.O.B. was entered for the true, hardcore gamers. Do you think any casual gamer would know darn poop crap about R.O.B.?

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 07:39:09 PM
Mack = Wrong.

Of Nintendo, obviously.

And why should we be stuck in the past?
Retro is well and good, but did a newer character, more successful character
such as... lets say Issac ( cant think right now) deserve to be made playable over ROB?
Hell Yes.

And quiet frankly, Mario, Samus, Link, and Sonic, heck even Pokemon, are all old characters, fusing retro with the new art styles.
Smash is an homage to the clashing of Video Game worlds.

So I hardly think its right to say that tons of retro characters should have been added.
Its basically perfect the way it is.

Although, Which audience is Brawl trying to appeal to mack?
Everyone, or oldschool gamers?

Everyone.
[/thread]
And I think the addition of some many modes and reduced difficulty more than makes up for that. Besides, Sakurai said he would like everyone to be able to play the game, but this is a game for gamers.

Nayrman

b*** b*** b***

Come on, look at it this way....he is THE R.O.B.  not a member of the squad. He is THE villain, as far as we know, and he represents Retro. You say 3 is too many, well, what Mario characters would you like to give up? Your options are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, and Diddy....remove 4 of them.

Also, I placed a spoiler warning on this thread a long time ago, no need to keep adding [ spoiler    ] tags.
First off:
DK, Diddy, and Yoshi technically aren't Mario Reps (even tho Yoshi should be).
Also, ROB was a horribly failed, cheap plastic little toy that didn't do much of anything. Trust me, I've played with one, it's terrilbe.
WHy does Nintendo bother remembering this piece of crap?
If anything it's the retro/hardcore gamers that will actually buy this game.
People who weren't interested before either wouldnt know rob, nor care.
Again, between Toon Link and ROB, I wonder what Sakurai was thinking at some points.
and I still want Isaac in X+X;;;

Macawmoses

Believe it or not Hector, Smash is aimed at the Hardcore, it wants to attract people BACK to Nintendo. While they are at it, they choose to add features to bring casual gamers into the mix, and I must say, they do a fine job of it.

Lucario and Olimar are clearly representing current gen, While Sonic and Snake both represent third party, and revitalized franchises. Believe it or not, MGS4 is highly sought after, much like Brawl....and truly no game represents the current gen more.

The rest are average gen, like Mario, who mix the old with the new (although, FLUDD is quite new) so there isn't really arguing. Smash has, and always will, put the hardcore first, and the casual second.....the casuals just don't know it.

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:01:08 PM
b*** b*** b***

First off:
DK, Diddy, and Yoshi technically aren't Mario Reps (even tho Yoshi should be).
Also, ROB was a horribly failed, cheap plastic little toy that didn't do much of anything. Trust me, I've played with one, it's terrilbe.
WHy does Nintendo bother remembering this piece of crap?
If anything it's the retro/hardcore gamers that will actually buy this game.
People who weren't interested before either wouldnt know rob, nor care.
Again, between Toon Link and ROB, I wonder what Sakurai was thinking at some points.
and I still want Isaac in X+X;;;
Issac would have been soooo awesome.... ;-;

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:01:55 PM
Believe it or not Hector, Smash is aimed at the Hardcore, it wants to attract people BACK to Nintendo. While they are at it, they choose to add features to bring casual gamers into the mix, and I must say, they do a fine job of it.

Lucario and Olimar are clearly representing current gen, While Sonic and Snake both represent third party, and revitalized franchises. Believe it or not, MGS4 is highly sought after, much like Brawl....and truly no game represents the current gen more.

The rest are average gen, like Mario, who mix the old with the new (although, FLUDD is quite new) so there isn't really arguing. Smash has, and always will, put the hardcore first, and the casual second.....the casuals just don't know it.
In short.......

We want the game?

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 08:03:19 PM

In short.......

We want the game?
More like, We want the game, so we should get whom we want in it....
some developer choices are fine and all, but how do half of the usual top ten list don't even get recognized with AT's even!?

Also, Mack, tell the hardcore stuff to Nintendo please...they've all but given up on us X_X;;
After Brawl all the games I want are for PS3

Macawmoses

In short, if all you are going to do is ninny about what could have been, you have no place here. Face it, 3 days.....one game. Get out if you still haven't accepted that you're fav. characters aren't in.

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:06:00 PM
In short, if all you are going to do is b*** about what could have been, you have no place here. Face it, 3 days.....one game. Get out if you still haven't accepted that you're fav. characters aren't in.

Heh...

Now you turn it on me...

For shame.
We are allowed to reminisce all we want, and who knows?
SSB isn't dead yet....

Nice chatting with you....  :P

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:06:00 PM
In short, if all you are going to do is b*** about what could have been, you have no place here. Face it, 3 days.....one game. Get out if you still haven't accepted that you're fav. characters aren't in.
I'm just b***ing about Toon Link, but mostly ROB. Since those two entries serve absolutely no purpose and, well, again, more than half of the "general" most wanted list didn't even get AT's...
obviously Sakurai had an idea of what he wwanted in the first place.
Again, Nintendo never listens to us gamers about what we want.
I don't think anything other than story mode and online (which was a huge no brainer for both accounts) in the game really...
at least in effects to the asked for stuff.
Still going to be an awesome game, but like IGN says, it seems that a lot of the potential was lost

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 08:03:19 PM

In short.......

We want the game?
More like, We want the game, so we should get whom we want in it....
some developer choices are fine and all, but how do half of the usual top ten list don't even get recognized with AT's even!?

Also, Mack, tell the hardcore stuff to Nintendo please...they've all but given up on us X_X;;
After Brawl all the games I want are for PS3
People don't know what they want, and, IIRC, everyone just wanted Melee with online. The top ten list was not official, it was put together by purveyors, and the ones Sakurai pointed out, he said he just found them interesting. There was no reason to get hopes up.

Nintendo hasn't given up on the hardcore gamers; this is why games, such as Brawl, are still made. Quite frankly, only Westerners are dissatisfied.

Tupin

The Japanese don't seem to care.

They like everything about the game.

I probably will too.

But it seems like there is just endless potential gone to waste.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.