Main Menu

Nayrman's thoughts on today's update: March 6 *spoilers*

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2008, 05:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:10:23 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:06:00 PM
In short, if all you are going to do is b*** about what could have been, you have no place here. Face it, 3 days.....one game. Get out if you still haven't accepted that you're fav. characters aren't in.
I'm just b***ing about Toon Link, but mostly ROB. Since those two entries serve absolutely no purpose and, well, again, more than half of the "general" most wanted list didn't even get AT's...
obviously Sakurai had an idea of what he wwanted in the first place.
Again, Nintendo never listens to us gamers about what we want.
I don't think anything other than story mode and online (which was a huge no brainer for both accounts) in the game really...
at least in effects to the asked for stuff.
Still going to be an awesome game, but like IGN says, it seems that a lot of the potential was lost
Toon Link and ROB are both excellent. Toon Link represents the new face of Nintendo, a group appealing to younger people. ROB represents the old, when Nintendo wasn't afraid of being innovative.......ROB fits in with the Wii.

@Hector: I am not being rude, but you have to come to terms with this. Hardly any of you have left the grievance stage, the rest are in anger.....ACCEPT IT!

@Ninnin: Yes, us westerners are idiots; nothing is good enough for us, it seems.

HTA!

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 06, 2008, 08:15:46 PM
The Japanese don't seem to care.

They like everything about the game.

I probably will too.

But it seems like there is just endless potential gone to waste.
Every game has untapped potential.
Or.... misguided potential.....

Hence, no perfect game.

Ah well... before Mack goes ballistic...*logs off*(too late)

Ridley

Why am I ignored? I accepted Rob right off the bat as my possible new main. :robotveryhappy: That Ridley pic won me over lol.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:16:37 PM
In short, if all you are going to do is b*** about what could have been, you have no place here. Face it, 3 days.....one game. Get out if you still haven't accepted that you're fav. characters aren't in.
I'm just b***ing about Toon Link, but mostly ROB. Since those two entries serve absolutely no purpose and, well, again, more than half of the "general" most wanted list didn't even get AT's...
I don't think anything other than story mode and online (which was a huge no brainer for both accounts) in the game really...
Still going to be an awesome game, but like IGN says, it seems that a lot of the potential was lost
Toon Link and ROB are both excellent. Toon Link represents the new face of Nintendo, a group appealing to younger people. ROB represents the old, when Nintendo wasn't afraid of being innovative.......ROB fits in with the Wii.

@Hector: I am not being rude, but you have to come to terms with this. Hardly any of you have left the grievance stage, the rest are in anger.....ACCEPT IT!

@Ninnin: Yes, us westerners are idiots; nothing is good enough for us, it seems.
Never!
And i haven't whined about Hector.... yet....
Dedede has filled that gap.

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on March 06, 2008, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:01:55 PM
Believe it or not Hector, Smash is aimed at the Hardcore, it wants to attract people BACK to Nintendo. While they are at it, they choose to add features to bring casual gamers into the mix, and I must say, they do a fine job of it.

Lucario and Olimar are clearly representing current gen, While Sonic and Snake both represent third party, and revitalized franchises. Believe it or not, MGS4 is highly sought after, much like Brawl....and truly no game represents the current gen more.

The rest are average gen, like Mario, who mix the old with the new (although, FLUDD is quite new) so there isn't really arguing. Smash has, and always will, put the hardcore first, and the casual second.....the casuals just don't know it.
In short.......

We want the game?
More like, We want the game, so we should get whom we want in it....
some developer choices are fine and all, but how do half of the usual top ten list don't even get recognized with AT's even!?

Also, Mack, tell the hardcore stuff to Nintendo please...they've all but given up on us X_X;;
After Brawl all the games I want are for PS3
People don't know what they want, and, IIRC, everyone just wanted Melee with online. The top ten list was not official, it was put together by purveyors, and the ones Sakurai pointed out, he said he just found them interesting. There was no reason to get hopes up.

Nintendo hasn't given up on the hardcore gamers; this is why games, such as Brawl, are still made. Quite frankly, only Westerners are dissatisfied.
After Brawl, name one hardcore game Nitnedo has scheduled for the Wii?
Oh yea, none. Thank you very much Nintiendo.
Also, is a competent online TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!?
Hell, Sony has a few steps short of Live for free and Nintendo can't even do anything decent?
Sad to say it takes a now third party developer working on a game basically made only for hardcore ppl to get a decent online.
Also, RAM issue (harddrive plz), graphics (Xbox on minor steroids doesn't cut it anymore...), and frankly I can say a lot since I'm a hardcore gamer.
I love my Wii when it works like the party system it is.
That's why I have a PS3 AND Wii....to make up for eachother's failures.
Nintendo always makes dumb decisions when they're in the console lead X_X;;

Macawmoses

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 08:18:39 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:16:37 PM

Never!
And i haven't whined about Hector.... yet....
Dedede has filled that gap.
D3 was an excellent choice, and is probably one of the best in the game. You have to look at the good, and ignore the bad.

@Nary: Any number of Wii Ware titles (Ninty has announced more interest in adding a full library of WW titles.

-FZero and Star Fox (aren't announced, but basically confirmed, at a recent event)

-3 words [spoiler] Metroid Prime 3 [/spoiler]

-How hardcore are you? Professor Layton is far from a casual title.

-Filling up on VC titles? No...too bad for you.

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on March 06, 2008, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 06, 2008, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:01:55 PM
Believe it or not Hector, Smash is aimed at the Hardcore, it wants to attract people BACK to Nintendo. While they are at it, they choose to add features to bring casual gamers into the mix, and I must say, they do a fine job of it.

Lucario and Olimar are clearly representing current gen, While Sonic and Snake both represent third party, and revitalized franchises. Believe it or not, MGS4 is highly sought after, much like Brawl....and truly no game represents the current gen more.

The rest are average gen, like Mario, who mix the old with the new (although, FLUDD is quite new) so there isn't really arguing. Smash has, and always will, put the hardcore first, and the casual second.....the casuals just don't know it.
In short.......

We want the game?
More like, We want the game, so we should get whom we want in it....
some developer choices are fine and all, but how do half of the usual top ten list don't even get recognized with AT's even!?

Also, Mack, tell the hardcore stuff to Nintendo please...they've all but given up on us X_X;;
After Brawl all the games I want are for PS3
People don't know what they want, and, IIRC, everyone just wanted Melee with online. The top ten list was not official, it was put together by purveyors, and the ones Sakurai pointed out, he said he just found them interesting. There was no reason to get hopes up.

Nintendo hasn't given up on the hardcore gamers; this is why games, such as Brawl, are still made. Quite frankly, only Westerners are dissatisfied.
After Brawl, name one hardcore game Nitnedo has scheduled for the Wii?
Oh yea, none. Thank you very much Nintiendo.
Also, is a competent online TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR!?
Hell, Sony has a few steps short of Live for free and Nintendo can't even do anything decent?
Sad to say it takes a now third party developer working on a game basically made only for hardcore ppl to get a decent online.
Also, RAM issue (harddrive plz), graphics (Xbox on minor steroids doesn't cut it anymore...), and frankly I can say a lot since I'm a hardcore gamer.
I love my Wii when it works like the party system it is.
That's why I have a PS3 AND Wii....to make up for eachother's failures.
Nintendo always makes dumb decisions when they're in the console lead X_X;;
It would be nice to consider that Nintendo's biggest sellers have already made Wii appearances, wouldn't it? Third party companies are coming with a crapload of hardcore games, and series such as Star Fox, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong have yet to see stream games on the Wii. They're coming, and you know they are.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 06, 2008, 08:15:46 PM
The Japanese don't seem to care.

They like everything about the game.

I probably will too.

But it seems like there is just endless potential gone to waste.
I have to 100% Agree. As IGN said, and what Nayrman said, SSBB is a great game but it could of been
so much Better.

I don't deny how great SSBB is, I won't deny how badly I want the game, and I know for a fact
that no matter what I'll enjoy this game, however
what "COULD" of been done and what "SHOULD" of been done.....well should of been done.

This game is, "GOLD" but it could of been "Platinum" if it wasn't for things not being made, IMO.

Nayrman

WiiWare can hardly be considered hardcore X_X;;

Yes, MP3 was great an all, but I have little to look forward to on my Wii after Brawl... (Also, Retro made it, Not Nintendo. American studio FTW)
F-Zero: If Nintendo lets Sega do it again, okay, fine. But WHEN is what I"m askin
SF: Have you played hte last few games? Blech...

*looks at PS3's list of good online games and hit titles coming out after their biggest hit*
Yea...Nintendo is THIS close to catching up to FFXIII, LittleBig planet, God of War 3, Killzone 2...

The Wii is fun as all hell...with friends...
but like I said, it completely abandons the hardcore gamer.

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on March 06, 2008, 08:29:24 PM

Yes, MP3 was great an all, but I have little to look forward to on my Wii after Brawl... (Also, Retro made it, Not Nintendo. American studio FTW)
F-Zero: If Nintendo lets Sega do it again, okay, fine. But WHEN is what I"m askin

*looks at PS3's list of good online games and hit titles coming out after their biggest hit*
Yea...Nintendo is THIS close to catching up to FFXIII, LittleBig planet, God of War 3, Killzone 2...

Or has the hardcore gamer abandoned the Wii? Doesn't sound like too many are giving it credit for what games have come out. Also, ToS2, and FFCC:CB.

Tupin

Yeah, but what can you say? Casual gaming sells.

I go to Nintendo when I am sick of realism in games. Because that's what they do best.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Need I remind you Square has proposed several games for the Wii Ware? You don't get much more hardcore than them, besides going into Capcom. As for Star Fox, I am a proud owner of EVERY star fox title. Star Fox does not appeal to newer people, and is a series that has the utmost potential of being the fastest growing series (Metroid has that rank, atm), as it was soooo ignored.

FZERO will be a hit, and MP:3 is STILL Nintendo. Couple that with some epic RPG's being released just for DS (oh look, Bioware is making a game with a little blue hedgehog) and you have a company that hasn't forgotten about the hardcore.

Smash is the pinnacle of this, and for its' apparent short comings, you forget masterpieces, you forget stage builder, and you forget how earth shattering the SSE truly is.

Tupin

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 08:34:02 PM

Need I remind you Square has proposed several games for the Wii Ware? You don't get much more hardcore than them, besides going into Capcom. As for Star Fox, I am a proud owner of EVERY star fox title. Star Fox does not appeal to newer people, and is a series that has the utmost potential of being the fastest growing series (Metroid has that rank, atm), as it was soooo ignored.

FZERO will be a hit, and MP:3 is STILL Nintendo. Couple that with some epic RPG's being released just for DS (oh look, Bioware is making a game with a little blue hedgehog) and you have a company that hasn't forgotten about the hardcore.

Smash is the pinnacle of this, and for its' apparent short comings, you forget masterpieces, you forget stage builder, and you forget how earth shattering the SSE truly is.
I hope the SSE is earth-shattering...

People who have the game say it is repetitive and feels like it was tacked on.

I don't know how that could possibly be. 

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on March 06, 2008, 08:32:14 PM

Or has the hardcore gamer abandoned the Wii? Doesn't sound like too many are giving it credit for what games have come out. Also, ToS2, and FFCC:CB.
FFXIII >>>> FFCC:CB
No offense, but it does X_X;;
I haven't abandonded the Wii, it just doesn't give the real gaming fix I need at times. Lack of good online, not even HD compatible, and quite a few other just general deseign flaws automatically turn it off ot hardcore ppl.
Most of them could be easily solved by Nintendo is getting arrogant again...just like at the end of the N64 sorta...

and no Mack, I haven't forgot SE Wiiware.
Although I'm sure it took some coaxing from Nintendo to do it...
F-Zero will be awesome, but again, WHEN and ONLINE?
MP is like Mario Party. It's "Nintendo" but kinda not really....in a certain view I suppose.
I never said anything about the DS. I love my DS (MUCH better than PSP IMO), just talkin about Wii.
Stage Editor is AWESOME! SSE: I'll get back to you once I've played it.
Basically look back at Star's last post

Tupin

Most of the games coming to WiiWare are coming from small developers trying to get their foot in the door.

So there are a lot of games with great art direction and beautiful graphics. Those kind of games get cult followings, because they aren't from a big name company.

Also, I hear that Nintendo has several Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, and Mario games in development for WiiWare.