Main Menu

Nayrman's thoughts on today's update: March 6 *spoilers*

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2008, 05:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on March 07, 2008, 06:47:23 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on March 07, 2008, 05:55:11 AM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on March 07, 2008, 05:51:35 AM
Alright then: take every third party game for each system, and throw it out the window. What do you have left? Wait, you have no PS3 games left? O SHI- You have 3 360 games? Haha. Meanwhile, I enjoy my nice collection of SMG, MP3, LoZ: TP, PBR, SPM, and Brawl on Sunday.

Third parties release most of the games for all of the systems, and they, if anyone, have chosen to abandon the hardcore gamer. If you look at the games that Nintendo actually released, you would see that the amount of casual games and hardcore games is fairly balanced.
WiiPlay, WiiFit, anything with "Wii" in the title, Galaxy is BOTH hardcore and casual, Animal Crossing (it's casual, get over it)
Zelda was origional a Cube title, so that leaves MP3 and Brawl...
Both of which were basically, again, to say "we're trying, but not that hard".

Also, Sony and Microsoft don't need to make games like Nintendo NEEDS to, in order to keep the system alive.
I never mentioned any Wii generation titles or Animal Crossing, as I felt they would be covered when I said "the amount of casual games and hardcore games is fairly balanced". I clearly did not say casual games did not exist.
If Galaxy is both hardcore and casual, why do you feel to group it with the casuals? You're just showing yourself to be biased.
Zelda was an original cube title, Halo 3 was an original XBOX title. I fail to see your point. Both were delayed and modified for current generation systems.
If you feel that Nintendo was not trying that hard, Sakurai in particular with Brawl, then you don't deserve to play the games.IIRC, 800 people worked on Brawl, about 100 of them for 3 years. The game went through 5 years of planning. It was delayed twice to add more features to the game, Nintendo releases daily updates, and the developer still isn't satisfied. Yet, it's one of the Famitsu 7. If you feel the game is a failure because the roster wasn't as large as you would have liked it or characters you wish were in the game did not make it in, simply do not play it. That way you won't have anything to complain about.

My dear, Sony and Microsoft CAN'T make games to keep their systems alive. All of their attempts have been crap. Unless you feel the Eye-Toy is the marvel of the gaming world, upon which I would have to question your legitimacy as hardcore gamer.
Galaxy can be considered both, so it falls in neither, obviously.
I never said Brawl wasn't hardcore, I just feel that a ton of potential was lost with such things as the roster and quite a few other things. Since when does the Famitsu 7 mean anything anymore IMO? I mean, they gave NINTENDOGS a perfect score...and thats a pet sim X_X;;
Also, Sony makes quite a few good games. Origional Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, God of War, all are Sony owned IP's. So Sony makes games, just not on the scale Nintendo.
It seems Sakurai wasn't going to be completely satisfied regardless. And don't even get me started on the delay issues Nintendo has always had. (how hard is it to keep to a schedule?)