News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

so I went to Six Flags today

Started by Zovistograt, May 29, 2008, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

I'm really looking forward to it, although we're leaving quite early (we have to be at school by 7 AM).  I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure, the one with crazy rides such as Kingda Ka, Superman flight thingy, and El Toro.  Problem is...I have a fear of rollercoasters.  So I was thinking of using this opportunity to overcome that fear but I wanted to start out slow.  It seems as though the two slowest and seemingly-non-intense rollercoasters there are the Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain (38 mph and 33 mph top speeds respectively and not-crazy-high drops).  If anybody's been on these, are they intense at all for someone who hesitates to go on any ride that seems more intense than bumper cars?  Skull Mountain is an indoor coaster, so I don't know what that looks like...is it really bad because of the dark?

I'm really softcore when it comes to amusement parks but I kinda want to change that...I'm just a horrible chicken when it comes to rides.  Any other suggestions for Great Adventure?

whoo I went on the Runaway Mine Train, which means I successfully overcame my irrational phobia.

ITT, what phobias have you overcome lately?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Redpaige13

You'll be fine.  :3

Just hop onto a rollercoaster with some friends.  And it you get scared, close your eyes.

FORNICATION BABY!

Kilroy

EL TORO EL TORO EL TORO EL TORO EL TORO EL TORO

And then when you're scared as poop

KINGDA KA KINGDA KA KINGDA KA KINGDA KA KINGDA KA KINGDA KA KINGDA KA

So, um, yeah. Start with something basic. I'm trying to think of a basic ride. El Toro has no loops it just goes around I think 60 MPH :P
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

L10

American scream machine(I think that was it) was my first roller coaster.....If you take that, everything ells will be easy(I was going to take Kinda Ka but it wasn't running when I was there)
0o!f

Zovistograt

Quote from: Lichig0 on May 29, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
American scream machine(I think that was it) was my first roller coaster.....If you take that, everything ells will be easy(I was going to take Kinda Ka but it wasn't running when I was there)
Great, but I'm currently hesitant on going on the Family Fun Coaster at my sorta-local amusement park.  That thing has a hill of about 7 feet and doesn't go faster than 10 mph, olol.

I'm not ready for a big one like that ;_;
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kilroy

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 29, 2008, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: Lichig0 on May 29, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
Great, but I'm currently hesitant on going on the Family Fun Coaster at my sorta-local amusement park.  That thing has a hill of about 7 feet and doesn't go faster than 10 mph, olol.

I'm not ready for a big one like that ;_;
Just do it, pusseh
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Lotos

I'm skipping school to stalk Zovi now >:]

BOSSNIG

That place scares me ever since that girls legs got cut off on one of the drop things D:.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Tupin

Quote from: Darklink on May 29, 2008, 06:33:15 PM
That place scares me ever since that girls legs got cut off on one of the drop things D:.
Wasn't that at the one in St. Louis?

Some guy also died there while fixing the roller coaster.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kilroy

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 29, 2008, 06:36:54 PM

I BELIEVE I CAN FLYYYYYY
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

Quote from: Lotos on May 29, 2008, 06:31:59 PM
._.

gl with that.  Although I think if I told you the shirt I plan on wearing tomorrow, it wouldn't be hard to tell it's me olol

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 29, 2008, 06:41:37 PM
._.

gl with that.  Although I think if I told you the shirt I plan on wearing tomorrow, it wouldn't be hard to tell it's me olol
You gonna pull a Travis Touchdown?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 29, 2008, 06:44:48 PM
._.

?_?

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 29, 2008, 06:36:54 PM

Kentucky.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 29, 2008, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 29, 2008, 06:44:48 PM
._.

?_?
He wears a anime shirt most of the game...

nvm.