Main Menu

Items On or Off ~Let's debate some more

Started by Macawmoses, May 30, 2008, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnfs2014

SkyMyl

I almost always have them on, but when I do my training routines, I always put Smash Balls only on Medium.

If there are more than 3 people in the group, I will have Items ON. But if it's one on one, Off with them.

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

StarWindWizard7

Not much of a debate her MoM.
Probably because those who prefer them "off" make such good/strong/valid points.

I of course prefer them Off.
Because of a reason nobody here seemed to say.

To me, a victory means more to me personally by me KO'ing my oppenent with my own skills/mind games, over letting an item (which I consider a handicap no matter What it is) help me win.

Victory by hands > Victory with help

Rius

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on June 03, 2008, 03:49:48 PM
Probably because those who prefer them "off" make such good/strong/valid points.

To me, a victory means more to me personally by me KO'ing my oppenent with my own skills/mind games, over letting an item (which I consider a handicap no matter What it is) help me win.

...What good/strong/valid points? The general consensus is fine in grouped and fun matches, but off for serious and 1vs1.

Anyway, I follow the general consensus. There's just something great in the feeling you get through "Death-By-Bumper", but it essentially turns into a race in 1vs1.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: NINNIN6 on June 03, 2008, 04:06:12 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on June 03, 2008, 03:49:48 PM

...What good/strong/valid points? The general consensus is fine in grouped and fun matches, but off for serious and 1vs1.

Anyway, I follow the general consensus. There's just something great in the feeling you get through "Death-By-Bumper", but it essentially turns into a race in 1vs1.
My Opinion, but I think they are good/valid/strong points.

I feel differently though, about the bumper, ah oh well.

Apollo

i used to be an items guy but the abundance of pokeballs, ATs, and final smash orbs takes away from people with skill.  i prefer to kill my opponent and not give them a chance what-so-ever just because they might get lucky with a final smash

Gwen Khan

I turn them off, they get annoying sometimes

mario59

oh come on items off ruins the spirit of the game. Oh and phanto there is no such thing as unfair items in smash bros. Maybe unfair characters *cough*pit*cough*
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

Dawei

Quote from: mario59 on June 11, 2008, 04:38:11 PM
oh come on items off ruins the spirit of the game. Oh and phanto there is no such thing as unfair items in smash bros. Maybe unfair characters *cough*pit*cough*
I'm contemplating banning you for sheer stupidity.
Item's themselves are unfair, every single one of them. Unless you both get the exact same thing at the exact same thing, it gives the other person the advantage.

And the only character who could be considered unfair in the LEAST is Snake, and he's still nowhere near broken like Akuma or Sentential.

Java

Quote from: Dawei on June 11, 2008, 04:41:23 PM
Item's themselves are unfair, every single one of them. Unless you both get the exact same thing at the exact same thing, it gives the other person the advantage.

And the only character who could be considered unfair in the LEAST is Snake, and he's still nowhere near broken like Akuma or Sentential.
Calm down Dawei.

You don't want to ban someone for having an opinion.

Dawei

Quote from: Java_Java on June 11, 2008, 05:04:17 PM

Calm down Dawei.

Except when the opinion is wrong.
It wasn't directed at his first comment, on how no items makes the game less fun, it was at the "no item is unfair" and that pit was OP.

Java

Quote from: Dawei on June 11, 2008, 05:12:05 PM

Calm down Dawei.

It wasn't directed at his first comment, on how no items makes the game less fun, it was at the "no item is unfair" and that pit was OP.
I still don't see the need to ban him for saying that.

It could be much worse.

Dawei

Quote from: Java_Java on June 11, 2008, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: Dawei on June 11, 2008, 05:12:05 PM

Calm down Dawei.

I still don't see the need to ban him for saying that.

It could be much worse.
But here at nsf, all the staff is insanely corrupt. Banning for little or no reason isn't just a hobby, it's a passion.

Nayrman

99% I have them off. In the rare time I happen to have pals over and just want to freaken mess around I'll turn them on, VERY HIGH and on crazy stages like Big Blue and Pictochat. Just to mess around.
Otherwise no items