Main Menu

Happy birth day to the one and only Sonic the Hedgehog!

Started by ChaosEmeralds7, June 23, 2008, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkman

Obviously if you like the newer games over the old ones, you cannot appreciate good classic games.

That is all, Thank you.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 24, 2008, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 24, 2008, 04:05:08 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 24, 2008, 04:00:37 PM
It's not a bandwagon. It's like saying the new megaman games beat the old ones.
Sorry, but just....no...just no...
Sorry if that is considered "flaming" but I can't let this one go...
Wait...TH, you only had the origional? Have you played Sonic3 and Knuckles or Sonic CD? Those are so much better than the new games. I will admit that some new games are good. SonicAdventure2/Battle was good, Secret Rings was great IMO, and hell I'll even give you Sonic Heroes, but do not say the old ones are worse...
You get bored after 1 level? Wow you people have no attention spans...
I don't get bored in any Sonic game.

I'm gonna give Unleashed a chance, though.
As long as 90%+ is sidescrolling it won't be too bad. I'll hate Scully Sonic tho...
Oh well...whatever. At least Sega is smart enough to not try 3D for a while X_X;;
Most of it is 2D sidescrolling, with some 3D sections in between.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Linkfan71 on June 24, 2008, 04:10:25 PM
Obviously if you like the newer games over the old ones, you cannot appreciate good classic games.

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

I can appreciate them, but I always like the newer ones more. Thats all :)

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 04:12:44 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

The only new one that can even compare to the new ones is Sonic Adventure 2 and the Rush series.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 24, 2008, 04:14:49 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

The only new one that can even compare to the new ones is Sonic Adventure 2 and the Rush series.
Not really, that is entirely opinion based. I defend what I enjoy because I enjoy it. ;)

And wow, this thread is giving me quite the amount of posts :P

Nayrman

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 04:07:19 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 24, 2008, 04:00:37 PM
It's not a bandwagon. It's like saying the new megaman games beat the old ones.
Sorry, but just....no...just no...
Sorry if that is considered "flaming" but I can't let this one go...
Wait...TH, you only had the origional? Have you played Sonic3 and Knuckles or Sonic CD? Those are so much better than the new games. I will admit that some new games are good. SonicAdventure2/Battle was good, Secret Rings was great IMO, and hell I'll even give you Sonic Heroes, but do not say the old ones are worse...
You get bored after 1 level? Wow you people have no attention spans...
Yes, I have all of them up to Sonic CD, and I was just saying thats all that was out when I was 2 :)

And I was exaggerating... I lose intrest after getting game over and starting a whole level over. I cant stand doing the exact same level in an old sonic game again after just doing it, I consider them boring. They fixed alot of problems in Sonic 06, despite creating some too. The homing attack is alot better, the light dash actually works, and having an open world while not in levels actually feels better, even if it's not all that great of one. I like the old games and theyre good, but they will not last me near as long as the newer ones, and going fast always feels better when you can see directly in front of you.

If the old games were like this new one: Unleashed, I think I would enjoy them more since you can see in front of you alot, and you have huge beautiful open worlds to watch as you speed down them.

dangit, I promised myself I wouldn't type a whole summary in a post today X_X
"I lose intrest after getting game over and starting a whole level over. "
Then you don't like old games. That's basically in every old game before they went 3D and even then it lasted a while. Besides, as long as you don't massively suck you should be fine on lives unless you just feel like running as fast as humanly (or I guess hedgehogigly) possible. I hate these easy as hell games...

The homing attack was much worse. It takes 1.5 seconds to hit a robot and float, then go to the next one. That's slow for Sonic especially since SA2 you could get through a crap load of these guys in no time. Meh, light dash was okay. Liked SA2 better but that's just me.
Open worlds do not work in Sonic. The point is to run REALLY fast in levels, not explore. That's Mario's and Link's job. It was fine in SA since they tried it for the first time. It didn't work so they took it out in SA2. Why they brought it back I"ll never understand.

You do realize that in the old games you can press down and spin in a ball and be almost invincible to enemy attacks unless it's like bullets and stuff right? X_X;; Besides, the fun was not seeing what was coming since you were going so fast. Did it leave some cheap deaths? Hell yea it did, but it wasn't that big a deal. Every game had cheap deaths back then. Hell even Mario did.

THANK YOU LinkFan

DededeCloneChris

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

*Waves "Old-School Game Rocks!" flag and smiles* ;)

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 04:17:42 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

Not really, that is entirely opinion based. I defend what I enjoy because I enjoy it. ;)

Weren't you discouraged by the massive loading times and terrible voice acting in Sonic 06?

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 24, 2008, 04:20:05 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

Weren't you discouraged by the massive loading times and terrible voice acting in Sonic 06?
Slightly. I have played games with longer loading times and never had a problem. And voice acting has nothing to do with playing a game :P

Nayrman

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

That's fine if you enjoy it. I'm not arguing that. I'm perfectly okay with that.
But you're claims the new ones are better are opinion too, so basically we're in a debate here.

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 04:21:57 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 24, 2008, 04:20:05 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

Slightly. I have played games with longer loading times and never had a problem. And voice acting has nothing to do with playing a game :P
What about how the jumping mechanics were broken?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 24, 2008, 04:22:28 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

That's fine if you enjoy it. I'm not arguing that. I'm perfectly okay with that.
But you're claims the new ones are better are opinion too, so basically we're in a debate here.
Keep it on guys, many are reading this debate. :D

thunderhero4

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

I never said they were better, i just said i liked them more. They are both good in their own way. ;)

And broken jumping mechanics? I never saw a diference in this from Sonic Adventure 2... :)

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on June 24, 2008, 04:25:12 PM

That is all, Thank you.
No problem. ;)

Keep it on guys, many are reading this debate. :D
Just like chris to come in and spam ::)

I think that I've made my point anyway. I dont see much of a reason to continue :|

Water ☮

The problem is people just want to agree with other people to look cool and be accepted.

so one would say the old sonic games are better just because most other people do.

Besides, what I like the most about any video game is the characters and the older games give no characters any personality what so ever.