News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Infinite Dimensional Cape... The Hard and the Easy Methods : P

Started by JrDude, July 18, 2008, 12:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

The Infinite Dimensional Cape
Yeah, it's been revealed. The Infinite Dimensional Cape (I think that's what they're calling it... I would've called it Magic Step, but, whatever :P) is a technique unique only to Metaknight, which allows him to move much further than a regular DC, so far that one can SD on the side from off of Final Destination.

How do you do this? Well, first, perform a Dimensional Cape, and keep the analog stick down (it can be, however directed diagonally down for horizontal movement, which is what is usually done). From there, after Metaknight completely disappears, immediately start performing Up-Smashes (C-Stick, Right Analog Stick, or the much easier method to be revealed...). It takes a while to get it down, and will be frustrating...

That's the hard method. Here's the easy method :P

All of the following are the same... except tust use the Wiimote + Nunchuck combination. Most people would think I'm implying Shake Smash, and say, "Shake Smash? That's just too much work!!"

Well, yeah, it is... But it's not Shake Smash, it's just the Upward D-Pad on the Wiimote. Set the Upward D-Pad on the Wiimote + Nunchuck control scheme to Up-Smash, and that's all you'll need.

The B Button Trigger is MUCH easier than using your thumb for this, and the easy reaching of the Upward D-Pad makes it even easier. Just perform the Dimensional Cape (keeping in mind to keep the Analog Stick on the Nunchuck facing downward) and, immediately when Metaknight disappears, mash on the Upward D-pad. You'll find it to be MUCH easier than using the GCN or Classic Controllers to pull this off.

I found this out because I main the Wiimote + Nunchuck, and have never touched a GCN controller to play (I even bring my own Wiimote + Nunchuck over to my cousin's house, cause all he has is GCN controllers because he let his friends borrow his Wiimotes). Some people might wonder how I can ever get by with using C to jump... Well, I don't.

Here's my control scheme:

Nunchuck:
Analog Stick - Move
C - Grab
Z - Shield

Wiimote:
[D-Pad]
Up - Up Smash
Side - Side Taunt
Down - Jump

[Body]
A - Attack
B - Special
1 - Up Taunt
2 - Down Taunt

Tap Jump OFF
Shake Smash ON

** Why do I have Side Taunt on Side D-Pad? Cause it's insanely hard to press 1+2 to do it... Trust me, you always do either an Up or Down most of the time  :O

Snake Dashing is also easier with Shake Smash (press A for your Dash Attack and Shake Upwards), and Thunderstomping as Ganondorf is also easy (just jump and Shake Downward repeatedly  :D)

Looks like I explained more than just Magic St--... I mean, the Infinite Dimensional Cape, but oh well.

- By TamJammerz

Well a couple nights ago, I was battling anyone on Wi-fi. I start to fight this Meta Knight, and he uses the down B, but stays gone a lot longer than usual, and also can go much further than normal. It's like he's on the side of FD, he uses the down B, he's gone slightly longer but he's also on the OTHER SIDE OF THE STAGE!
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do that...

Also JrDude Rocks <3
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

New tech for Metaknight known as the infinite dimension cape.
Its difficult to do, but search around smashboards if you want an explanation because I'm not going to explain it here...

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 18, 2008, 06:46:17 AM
New tech for Metaknight known as the infinite illusion cape.
Its difficult to do, but search around smashboards if you want an explanation because I'm not going to explain it here...
Oh wow.... really?

That seems to be a nifty little maneuver to have in the heat of battle.

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 18, 2008, 08:13:25 AM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 18, 2008, 06:46:17 AM
New tech for Metaknight known as the infinite illusion cape.
Oh wow.... really?

That seems to be a nifty little maneuver to have in the heat of battle.
Its more than likely to be banned, as it can be done to stall a battle as long as the MK player doesn't get tired.

So if its a 7 minute match, a player can take off 1 stock from the opponent and then IDC stall to win.

Cornwad

Yeah, just search around the Meta Knight boards on Smash Boards.

I think you have to mash the up cstick while holding down on the control stick after starting the move...

HTA!

Quote from: Cornwad on July 18, 2008, 08:31:28 AM
Yeah, just search around the Meta Knight boards on Smash Boards.

I think you have to mash the up cstick while holding down on the control stick after starting the move...

Well...

Alright, here's the story...
As MK, you must star his dimensional cape from the ground.
Immediately after, hold down on the control stick and flick the C-stick Upwards.
It has to do with how the ground effects MK's Down B as well as the C-stick giving you a burst of DI that bounces you up...

But to cut to the chase, Hold down on the control stick and then at intervals not yet defined flick the C-stick upward. Apparently just mashing the stick mindlessly works as well, but there is a certain rhythm to it.
Its extremely hard, but practice and you are sure to get it...

StarWindWizard7

You think every character has some kind super secret tech like this?

I know Pit's but gosh I didn't think Metaknight could do that.

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 18, 2008, 08:52:22 AM
You think every character has some kind super secret tech like this?

I know Pit's but gosh I didn't think Metaknight could do that.

These weren't intentional by the way.  :D
I'm sure even the game designers themselves could never have anticipated how the game engine would be exploited.  :D

Brawl has more character specific techs than Melee, but they are less useful
Snake- Snakedash
Mario- ACE
MK- IDC
G-dorf- Thunderstorming
Diddy and ROB- Glide tossing
etc.

Gamree

Metaknight teleporting?  Gee, I wonder who on these forums could possibly know how to do that... *looks over at Playat*

HTA!

Quote from: Gamree on July 18, 2008, 09:18:23 AM
Metaknight teleporting?  Gee, I wonder who on these forums could possibly know how to do that... *looks over at Playat*
I doubt it, this was discovered around 2 days ago.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 18, 2008, 09:19:21 AM
Lol, I expect all Metaknight users to master this very soon from here.
::)

HTA!

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 18, 2008, 09:25:22 AM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on July 18, 2008, 09:19:21 AM
Lol, I expect all Metaknight users to master this very soon from here.
::)
It might not be worth it for the pros, as it's likely to be banned.
Still looks fun, I'm gonna work on it later.

Dawei

I'll instantly delete anyone who thinks they are so "cool" and "good" and "funny" by using this technique in a match, friendly or otherwise.

Nayrman

Being a little harsh Dawei?

But I agree that it's likely to be banned for serious tournies...I bet I'll face some annoying ppl who use it tho.
So tahts what, five or six characters with wierdo glitches and such? Oh, and you forgot some of Link's C-stick smashes and such HTA... Too bad Sonic doesn't have one XD

Cornwad