Main Menu

Those of you with censors, why?

Started by The Riddler, August 12, 2008, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

HTA!

Quote from: Moriarty on August 12, 2008, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 12, 2008, 06:03:12 PM
I can choose to dislike cursing, and there isn't any kind of argument or debate that can change that...

You can dislike it all you want, but that's still not a logical explanation. It's just your lack of justification for your ignorance of societal progress from absurd and overbearing norms that unrightfully dominated the world many years ago.

Or in your case, lack of progress.

There's no point in my arguing further, as those who do censor are not going to change their minds until they grow older and slowly realize things. So go ahead, **** **** ****** away.

And you're right, your opinion can't change by argument. It's hard to build a foundation on a pool of mud.
So, not being like you constitutes lack of progress?
Its a choice between saying a word and refusing to use such language, and picking the latter simply means you won't hear me curse and you can curse as much as you darn well want.
Really, the ability to be more vulgar doesn't sound like the kind of progress I can buy in to. D:

Moriarty

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 12, 2008, 07:36:05 PM
So, not being like you constitutes lack of progress?
Its a choice between saying a word and refusing to use such language, and picking the latter simply means you won't hear me curse and you can curse as much as you darn well want.
Really, the ability to be more vulgar doesn't sound like the kind of progress I can buy in to. D:

Such language? Racist. You're stereotyping and you're refusing to believe that many words in "such language" have the exact same meaning of the "calmer" words you use. I respect your huge amount of discipline to refrain from using normal words in everyday life, but I do not respect your lack of admitting that those exact words mean the exact thing you use and that "such language" is really no different than "your language". Being vulgar is only how your narrow mind sees it. And you're beginning to be in the minority on that. There's no rules or laws that say "the following list of words are not to be said." Just the fact that some intercourse tard like yourself developed an uneducated opinion and liked other words better.

Also, it is progress as an "expansion of vocabulary or acceptance of language" would be expanding your thought processes and your experience, thusly being progressive. By refusing forms of language and calling them inferior, you're pushing into regression.

Doesn't really matter to me though, I'm not the one censoring.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

HTA!

I ran out of interesting variations of "cursing", so I used "such language". >_>

I was defending Star's position on cursing, and really when you call me narrow minded that is solely your opinion. D:

More than just me, or Star for that matter, think cursing is inappropriate, and so these people choose not to do it.
We have the right, the freedom to talk however we want... but people who choose not to curse are in no way inferior to those who do. Or vise versa, its your choice, but calling someone who doesn't want to act "vulgar" narrow minded and behind the times is kind of extreme. X_X

Being indifferent to cursing and being adverse to cursing are two different things.
My own opinion is that you can talk how you want... and if I don't like it I'll stay away from you. D:

Moriarty

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 12, 2008, 08:05:37 PM
I ran out of interesting variations of "cursing", so I used "such language". >_>

I was defending Star's position on cursing, and really when you call me narrow minded that is solely your opinion. D:

More than just me, or Star for that matter, think cursing is inappropriate, and so these people choose not to do it.
We have the right, the freedom to talk however we want... but people who choose not to curse are in no way inferior to those who do. Or vise versa, its your choice, but calling someone who doesn't want to act "vulgar" narrow minded and behind the times is kind of extreme. X_X

Being indifferent to cursing and being adverse to cursing are two different things.
My own opinion is that you can talk how you want... and if I don't like it I'll stay away from you. D:

So if someone tried to tell you that "dangit" and "oh shucks" were inappropriate and many people started to agree and decide not to use them, would use stop using them? Inappropriate is an incorrect label you put on words, you should have stuck with "I don't like them, you can use them or not, I don't care" and this would have ended.

Friendly Hostile

I have them off because I've never seen the point in why a word is treated as "bad" on its own.  In certain contexts, I can see a word being offensive, mainly in being used as an insult.  And even then, they're just words.  They are only hurtful or immoral if you make them.  A word only has as much power as we let it have.

That and my vernacular just naturally includes words like intercourse , poop, etc.

Moriarty

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 12, 2008, 11:20:05 PM
I have them off because I've never seen the point in why a word is treated as "bad" on its own.  In certain contexts, I can see a word being offensive, mainly in being used as an insult.  And even then, they're just words.  They are only hurtful or immoral if you make them.  A word only has as much power as we let it have.

That and my vernacular just naturally includes words like intercourse , poop, etc.

Well said. I support this post.

Although I don't care to cuss, I have the censors turned off so I can see what people are actually saying.
...̅̅̅

Zovistograt

I usually don't use profanity (although I do use it in my head because I hang around sites like this too much :P), but I don't mind it being used.  Sometimes they do make for a spicy sentence sandwich.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

Quote from: Moriarty on August 12, 2008, 08:42:12 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 12, 2008, 08:05:37 PM

So if someone tried to tell you that "dangit" and "oh shucks" were inappropriate and many people started to agree and decide not to use them, would use stop using them? Inappropriate is an incorrect label you put on words, you should have stuck with "I don't like them, you can use them or not, I don't care" and this would have ended.
I was bored.

JMV

When I was a baby I called one of my parents "motherintercourse er" and got my mouth washed with soap.

I swear a lot still.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Mario583

Quote from: JMV on August 13, 2008, 11:07:00 AM
I swear a lot still.
I can see why *rolls eyes*
....and thus you created Boyah
Because of you poop holes!

Mario583

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 13, 2008, 05:48:38 AM
Sometimes they do make for a spicy sentence sandwich.
Patrick: It's one of those 'Sentence Enhancers'
Spongebob: Sentence Enhancers?
Patrick: You use em when you wanna talk fancy, you just sprinkle it over anything you say and --WHAMO!-- you got yourself a spicy sentence sandwich

DBY106698

1st. I have censors on cause I never felt like turning them off. AKA: Too Lazy & don't give a darn.

2nd. I swear often enough. As far as I'm concerned, words are just words. It's the context and society as a whole that choses the meaning and it's the person who decides how to interpret the meaning and how to respond.

3rd. Moriarty, your posts in here offend me, and not because they have swears, stand up for swearing, or anything of that nature. But the very fact that you think you can come in here and try to start a war  and insult people because they don't want to swear is completely outragous. If anyone in this topic is pushing things into a regression and being narrow minded, it's you. As far as I'm concerned, you're logic is the one that is completely flawed. It's BECAUSE of people like YOU that have caused society to have coined those words as "curse words" and deemed them bad. Thinking that you're all high and mighty because you swear and that those that chose not to are inferior, logicless racists disgusts me. Now stay the intercourse  out of this topic before you make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass than you already are!

Moriarty

Quote from: DBY106698 on August 14, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
1st. I have censors on cause I never felt like turning them off. AKA: Too Lazy & don't give a darn.

2nd. I swear often enough. As far as I'm concerned, words are just words. It's the context and society as a whole that choses the meaning and it's the person who decides how to interpret the meaning and how to respond.

3rd. Moriarty, your posts in here offend me, and not because they have swears, stand up for swearing, or anything of that nature. But the very fact that you think you can come in here and try to start a war  and insult people because they don't want to swear is completely outragous. If anyone in this topic is pushing things into a regression and being narrow minded, it's you. As far as I'm concerned, you're logic is the one that is completely flawed. It's BECAUSE of people like YOU that have caused society to have coined those words as "curse words" and deemed them bad. Thinking that you're all high and mighty because you swear and that those that chose not to are inferior, logicless racists disgusts me. Now stay the intercourse  out of this topic before you make yourself look like an even bigger dumbass than you already are!

OH NO! BOLD RED! FUCK ME, I'M SO FRIGHTENED! WHAT EVER SHALL I DO, DBY CALLED ME OUT IN BOLD RED LETTERS!

No one takes you seriously, and even if you used proper italics we still wouldn't. Why don't you stay the intercourse  out of threads and go watch some wrestlers censor your penis? It's young people like you who have no absolute intercourse ing idea what they are talking about when they respond.

Quote As far as I'm concerned, words are just words. It's the context and society as a whole that choses the meaning and it's the person who decides how to interpret the meaning and how to respond.

QuoteMoriarty, your posts in here offend me

Now, we all know you're a lying, hypocritical bastard. But DBY, you really go too far here. You feel offended and feel the need to tell me to intercourse  off, yet you say not one sentence earlier that you yourself chose that meaning and context.

Penis' are okay, if people don't like them, it's just the meaning and context they are using.
Penis' offend me!

Must take a very un-intelligent person to go against what the just wrote one sentence ago! Also, the people that have caused words to seem bad are the ones that let words get to them, the ones that have to feel good inside and feel bad when people call them something. People like you. Now go cry in the corner and watch wrestling. And learn to italicize properly you waste of cum.