News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Changes

Started by Super, September 06, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super

We're looking for change. We don't really want to be associated with NSider anymore. We need some ideas. I want all of you to rack what brains you do have and provide some good ideas for change.

Start thinking about these:
-New name
-Direction (do you want this to be a general discussion forum, general gaming, etc.)

If you don't want change, then don't post. Also, if you're a complete moron, don't post.

Macawmoses

We could start with editing the board descriptions, and destroying lithium smileys, not like there is a thread in the SIT board though.

Java

Quote from: mackormoses on September 06, 2008, 09:33:01 PM
We could start with editing the board descriptions, and destroying lithium smileys, not like there is a thread in the SIT board though.
Are you talking about these " :)" smileys?

If so, I don't see a need to get rid of them.
I wouldn't care about the robots though.

Dill

" What hip new forum are all of you rad kids going to these days?"
" We're all going to Dillanova. It's the best around!"

Silverhawk79

I like it just the way it is. :(

Macawmoses

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 06, 2008, 10:12:35 PM
That kind of attitude exemplifies why we are slowly, but surely, dying. You're left with a core of users, who are clinging to a long gone forum. One can argue about the 25 topics a month being good thing, but realistically, we all want some activity, on top of intelligent discussion. Furthermore, there is absolutely no incentive to stay here....everything we have can be found elsewhere. Quite frankly, if we don't adapt, and come to the realization NSider is no more, we won't even be a footnote in its' history, while changing, taking the leap if you will, could mean NSider is a footnote in our history. Otherwise, you have a  lack of commitment (as exemplified by O13, other staff and users, etc.) and an increasingly dead forum. Features aren't the issue now, no number of them (NFES, arcade, etc.) will make a person join us, NS2 owns the NSider world, other places own Nintendo. We are one fish in an ocean, and without major changes soon, we're shark food.

Almost everything changes and eventually dies.

The only thing we really can do is reduce the number of game boards we have now, and just keep the main ones such as Nintendo, Microsoft, etc. Or make some of the game discussion boards child boards, and merge "Legacy" into "Nintendo."  Then we add a few more non video game related boards to create different types of discussion.
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on September 06, 2008, 10:26:10 PM
Almost everything changes and eventually dies.

The only thing we really can do is reduce the number of game boards we have now, and just keep the main ones such as Nintendo, Microsoft, etc. Or make some of the game discussion boards child boards, and merge "Legacy" into "Nintendo."  Then we add a few more non video game related boards to create different types of discussion.
Effectively, it'd need to be a phase out, and even with the boards we have, we need to adapt to something more specific. Ideally, a tech forum with Nintendo users, but we'd still need game discussion. One key to this would be to let the users vote by how they post in the boards.

And at some point down the road you could probably merge Sony, Microsoft, and Third Party together. And you could probably merge Legacy right now.

Quote from: mackormoses on September 06, 2008, 10:28:21 PM
Effectively, it'd need to be a phase out, and even with the boards we have, we need to adapt to something more specific. Ideally, a tech forum with Nintendo users, but we'd still need game discussion. One key to this would be to let the users vote by how they post in the boards.
Yeah of course. It would be too chaotic to do it all at once because we would have to do some major changes and it would probably make most users uncomfortable or alienated.
...̅̅̅

MoS

The focus of the forum is not an issue.

Quotethere is absolutely no incentive to stay here....everything we have can be found elsewhere.

It doesn't matter what you change to focus of the forum to, there will always be some other forum about the same thing, unless we want the forum to be about the psychology and social tendencies of the platypus.

えっちーせんぱい

I'm not here enoughto really say anything.

Plus no one tends to like my ideas anyway.

TheDarkChief

#1: To decide on a name we must decide on a topic.
#2: Our (=D) don't even work. There's no transparency.
#3: We talk about gaming, but we mostly talk about random things on Power On. Slim all the board to a General Gaming board with or without child boards.
#3.5: Or we could just have these 3 boards about gaming:
-Console Gaming
-Handheld Gaming
-PC Gaming
#4: No acronyms please.
#5: ? ? ? ? ?
#6: Profit!...?

Macawmoses

Quote from: TheDarkChief on September 06, 2008, 11:11:04 PM
#1: To decide on a name we must decide on a topic.
#2: Our (=D) don't even work. There's no transparency.
#3: We talk about gaming, but we mostly talk about random things on Power On. Slim all the board to a General Gaming board with or without child boards.
#3.5: Or we could just have these 3 boards about gaming:
-Console Gaming
-Handheld Gaming
-PC Gaming
#4: No acronyms please.
#5: ? ? ? ? ?
#6: Profit!...?
No, wouldn't work.

@Mos: Brilliant, let it be that. Or, y'know, we could just have some originality, rather than being a second rate clone.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: mackormoses on September 06, 2008, 10:23:46 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 06, 2008, 10:12:35 PM
That kind of attitude exemplifies why we are slowly, but surely, dying. You're left with a core of users, who are clinging to a long gone forum. One can argue about the 25 topics a month being good thing, but realistically, we all want some activity, on top of intelligent discussion. Furthermore, there is absolutely no incentive to stay here....everything we have can be found elsewhere. Quite frankly, if we don't adapt, and come to the realization NSider is no more, we won't even be a footnote in its' history, while changing, taking the leap if you will, could mean NSider is a footnote in our history. Otherwise, you have a  lack of commitment (as exemplified by O13, other staff and users, etc.) and an increasingly dead forum. Features aren't the issue now, no number of them (NFES, arcade, etc.) will make a person join us, NS2 owns the NSider world, other places own Nintendo. We are one fish in an ocean, and without major changes soon, we're shark food.
Mack is always raining on my parade. :(
YOU RUINED THE FLOATS AND NOW THE KIDS WON'T GET CANDY

Macawmoses

Welcome to realization.